BritAbroad2015

London Medical appt and next steps

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All,

I have my medical interview this week which is great news. I only rang up Friday and got an appt this week.

I'm sure there has been threads on here about what I should expect..... but could someone point me in the right direction please. Also, can someone advise what exactly i need to take with me.

How long did other people wait from having their medical to getting their final interview.

Thanks so much, I've really found this website a great help and it has helped me so much in this journey.

Cheers,

Amber

Hi All,

I have my medical interview this week which is great news. I only rang up Friday and got an appt this week.

I'm sure there has been threads on here about what I should expect..... but could someone point me in the right direction please. Also, can someone advise what exactly i need to take with me.

How long did other people wait from having their medical to getting their final interview.

Thanks so much, I've really found this website a great help and it has helped me so much in this journey.

Cheers,

Amber

You are probably attending a bit soon if London consulate hasn't received your file yet and notified you to begin. Your instruction web page from them has a link to medical info and the questionnaire to fill out. Have you read that? Got your shots?

Here's a link to a summary page about the medical that might be useful http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/?p=6741228 (that is post #3 in the London K1 Guide).

The link given in the previous reply to discussion of the medical was started in 2006, so don't bother with the first 75 or so pages.

How long to interview? It depends on three things being processed at the embassy, not just the medical. Look for threads in the UK forum. They talk about "how long?" all the time. UK FORUM http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

On a side note--

Your timeline here http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=190264 says your consulate is Armenia. ????

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Is it okay to just have my medical before London consulate receive it? Its in transit now to London consulate, but I dont have hardly any annual leave left this year, so thought I'd get it done this Friday as I have it booked off already. Does anyone know of any negative reason why I shouldnt have it before London consulate receive my file?

With regards to jabs.... I think I just need a tetanus booster.... but I dont think I have to have it before the medical, only before I file for my adjustment of status. Does that sound about right?

I've had a blood test to show that I've had chicken pox.... can you think of any thing else I need to do?

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,

Amber

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Is it okay to just have my medical before London consulate receive it? Its in transit now to London consulate, but I dont have hardly any annual leave left this year, so thought I'd get it done this Friday as I have it booked off already. Does anyone know of any negative reason why I shouldnt have it before London consulate receive my file?

With regards to jabs.... I think I just need a tetanus booster.... but I dont think I have to have it before the medical, only before I file for my adjustment of status. Does that sound about right?

I've had a blood test to show that I've had chicken pox.... can you think of any thing else I need to do?

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,

Amber

Concerning waiting on shots, read this from someone who did not get it done in advance

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/462793-medical-again-in-usa-due-to-incomplete-vaccination-record/

Or this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/461012-medical-exam-for-aos-after-k1/

These are just two examples of hundreds, from many countries, I have read and replied to.

Wouldn't it be easier to put a completed DS-3025 in you AOS packet and not have to go through these experiences?

Shots are listed in this post. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

Will answer more later. Things to do.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Yeah, such good advice. I read those horror stories. This process costs enough money as it is, so a much more sensible idea to get jabs before hand!

I rang my GP as a result and turns out I'm all okay on immunisations. Had 2 x MMR and Ive had TDAP. So think I'm okay, and wont need a tetanus booster. Thanks so much for the heads up though. Literally about to make my mum the biggest cup of tea ever because she had all my immunisations done!

Also, another obvious question I expect. How do I prove I've has these jabs. My GP has just given me a print out of my jabs, buts its not on official paper or anything. Does that matter?

Cheers,

Amber

Timeline

When I rang for my medical they said you shouldn't have your medical before they have put your file on the system as the embassy have nothing to match your results to. And they went as far as to say they have made people do it again. But this could just be scaremongering.

London has a plan to be most efficient as possible. When they get a random medical file from somebody they don't even know about yet, it messes up for everybody because of the time to deal with it and later look for it when they do have a file set up. I don't know that they throw it out but they do state this on their website:

Applicants who have received a letter from the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy advising them that an approved petition has been received in their name and of the case number accorded to their application, should follow this link for further information. http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

Note: Only applicants who been notified by the Immigrant Visa Unit that a petition has been received in their name should complete the visa application forms. Forms received without the applicant's case number will be discarded.

To Amber on your shots-- does your Tdap have a date given later than Sept 2004. If it is dated before that, you need a Td as a booster.

Knightsbridge is very good about accepting printouts from you doctor that don't look too official. Some get an office stamp on it or the nurse to sign, but they have accepted plain ones too. They take your word for chickenpox so no proof needed for that.

Best advice I can give is if they say you need anything when you are at the medical...anything you overlooked ..just pay for it right there and be finished for immigration immunizations forever. The nurse will say "you can go get it at your GP free and send that with AOS". No, no, NO you can't. USCIS won't accept a print out from your GP. It must be recorded at Knightsbridge or you have the expense and hassle of getting it recorded on a new form (I-693) by a Civil Surgeon in the US.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Hi,

I had my medical last week and i'm still waiting for an interview letter. When I got my record the doctor ticked the flu jab as not in season, but what if you travel or apply for AOS during flu season? Would they accept that record or would I need to get it done in US? Does anyone know?

Edited by azuki_mochi

Yeah, such good advice. I read those horror stories. This process costs enough money as it is, so a much more sensible idea to get jabs before hand!

I rang my GP as a result and turns out I'm all okay on immunisations. Had 2 x MMR and Ive had TDAP. So think I'm okay, and wont need a tetanus booster. Thanks so much for the heads up though. Literally about to make my mum the biggest cup of tea ever because she had all my immunisations done!

Also, another obvious question I expect. How do I prove I've has these jabs. My GP has just given me a print out of my jabs, buts its not on official paper or anything. Does that matter?

Cheers,

Amber

Have you had tdap less than 10 years ago?

Because if it's over 10 years you do need the booster.

A print out of the jabs will be accepted fine, they just want proof you've had them.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Hi,

I had my medical last week and i'm still waiting for an interview letter. When I got my record the doctor ticked the flu jab as not in season, but what if you travel or apply for AOS during flu season? Would they accept that record or would I need to get it done in US? Does anyone know?

Yes the "not flu season" waiver holds, as long as the entire DS-3025 is complete, even if AOS is during flu season. They go by the date of the medical and when the form was signed off.

But if you didn't get a complete DS-3025 at Knightsbridge and , for instance got you shots later at your GP, a Civil Surgeon in the US would have to certify you. That gives you a new medical date, and your DS-3025 is superseded. If it is after October, then the Civil Surgeon will say you need a flu shot.

Get it right at Knightsbridge and you need no further documentation.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Hey as promised had my medical today.

Just take your police certificate. Passport and vaccinations record BUT make sure all previous imms are recorded not just recent ones. I had no proof of my original mmr jab from childhood and it means they want me to get another one. :(.

The medical takes around 2 hours to see all the different staff but in actual consultation time it's no longer than 15 minutes. They take an x ray. Some bloods and check down below then you are pretty much done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.