karimaelo

Preparing AOS package

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I live with my petitioner in United Arab Emirates. I have paid the AOS fees and the status is PAID now. I also filled ds-261 online. I have a joint sponsor in USA and I am waiting for the I-864 form he filled and signed along with other required documents to be delivered to me. I have the following questions:

1) My joint sponsor is sending TAX return of 2013 and 2012 only. Do I have to include both or just one as it says one or three. If I include 2 years tax return will this cause any issue?

2) My petitioner has no income at all she's been a student till this date. And she never filed any TAX before. She has been to the U.S. only once to get here citizenship. I heard from people that even if you have no income, U.S. residents still need to file for TAX every year. Since she never done so, now when she fills the I-864 she will fill "0" in income fields for past 3 years. Is this fine? Will this cause a denial of our application? (NEVER FILED FOR TAX)

3) Now regarding Domicile. My petitioner has no address there nor a bank account. But I the beneficiary have a bank account since 2006 (when I was in U.S. for study), and I still have some money in it. So if I include some photo copies of my bank statements as a proof of domicile will it help?

4) I have contacted some shipping companies to make estimates regarding shipping my furniture. As some people here suggested in other threads. What else can I include to prove the domicile? What do you think if I ask my joint sponsor to send me a signed letter saying that he is willing to host us at his property till we are able to support ourselves.

5) Shall my petitioner include a letter from her university stating that she is still a full-time student to proof a temporarily stay abroad?

Thanks ahead for your time and I appreciate your suggestions and advice.

Hi,

I live with my petitioner in United Arab Emirates. I have paid the AOS fees and the status is PAID now. I also filled ds-261 online. I have a joint sponsor in USA and I am waiting for the I-864 form he filled and signed along with other required documents to be delivered to me. I have the following questions:

1) My joint sponsor is sending TAX return of 2013 and 2012 only. Do I have to include both or just one as it says one or three. If I include 2 years tax return will this cause any issue?

2) My petitioner has no income at all she's been a student till this date. And she never filed any TAX before. She has been to the U.S. only once to get here citizenship. I heard from people that even if you have no income, U.S. residents still need to file for TAX every year. Since she never done so, now when she fills the I-864 she will fill "0" in income fields for past 3 years. Is this fine? Will this cause a denial of our application? (NEVER FILED FOR TAX)

3) Now regarding Domicile. My petitioner has no address there nor a bank account. But I the beneficiary have a bank account since 2006 (when I was in U.S. for study), and I still have some money in it. So if I include some photo copies of my bank statements as a proof of domicile will it help?

4) I have contacted some shipping companies to make estimates regarding shipping my furniture. As some people here suggested in other threads. What else can I include to prove the domicile? What do you think if I ask my joint sponsor to send me a signed letter saying that he is willing to host us at his property till we are able to support ourselves.

5) Shall my petitioner include a letter from her university stating that she is still a full-time student to proof a temporarily stay abroad?

Thanks ahead for your time and I appreciate your suggestions and advice.

1) Just 2013 is needed

2) If she earned income she needed to file tax. If she did not, include a letter stating she was not required to file. Writing "0" in the fields is incorrect. You should put "not required to file." As long she wasn't actually required to file (a USC must file taxes EVERYWHERE in the world if they make enough income to file taxes.)

3) Can you add your spouse to your bank account? They will need to try to prove other things like trying to find a place to stay (lease, rental, etc...)

4) there are other threads dedicated to this if you search

5) No.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

1) Just 2013 is needed

2) If she earned income she needed to file tax. If she did not, include a letter stating she was not required to file. Writing "0" in the fields is incorrect. You should put "not required to file." As long she wasn't actually required to file (a USC must file taxes EVERYWHERE in the world if they make enough income to file taxes.)

3) Can you add your spouse to your bank account? They will need to try to prove other things like trying to find a place to stay (lease, rental, etc...)

4) there are other threads dedicated to this if you search

5) No.

Thank you so much for your reply, I still have some doubts here:

14xpees.png

And in the continued part related to part 6:

be6hrn.png

I am currently trying to open a co-owned checking account in U.S. bus since we live abroad this is gonna take some time. Do you think a shipping quote letter and a co-owned checking account are enough to show domicile proof?

Thanks

Not sure about the student part.

But on the second you write the tax years and where it says "total income" write "not required to file"

Include a letter stating why

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Can anyone help in me in writing a letter. My joint sponsor should write to show he is willing to host us at his home till we find ourselves a resident. I want to include it as a proof of domicile. I have very few options here. And can he write and send me a scanned copy of this letter with his signature on it?

One more question regarding package IV package fee it is still not available for me to pay. I already paid affidavit of aupport fees and it is shown paid since one month. Is it because I didn't send my affidavit package yet.

Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

One more question regarding package IV package fee it is still not available for me to pay. I already paid affidavit of aupport fees and it is shown paid since one month. Is it because I didn't send my affidavit package yet.

No, the two tracks are separate. Action on one track has no bearing on actions in the other track.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.