generousjido

i130 petition to NVC

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I just joined this page recently and its still pretty new to me. I want some clarifications please, we got the i130 approval notice from USCIS on the 4th of August and was told that the petition has been sent to NVC for processing. We have not heard anything from NVC since, the suspense is killing as myself and my wife can't wait to be with each other. Please what can we do to know if NVC got the petition and if the peition is being processed or something. I am just so confused. And is there anything we need to do to prepare ourselves ahead? I would be so glad to have some comprehensive responses. Thanks so much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Call NVC 603-334-0700. You might get a busy tone but keep dialing until you get through. You might be on the phone for a while. Once you get through to a rep give them your case number to see if your case has made it to NVC. IT TAKES SOME TIME BUT YOU HAVE TO KEEP CALLING.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi there, I asked a similar question to yours a week ago, however, did not get any responses. We received a I-130 approval dated August 13, for my stepdaughter coming from Korea. Based on doing searches on the subject it appears the NVC is responding with a case number anywhere from as short as 10 days to 4 weeks plus. However, the examples were not Korea specific. When my wife's 129f was approved a number of years ago it took less than 2 weeks to hear from the NVC, and about 30 days for the embassy to schedule the interview once we completed the additional info. People are saying it really depends on how busy the NVC is which is apparently currently pretty busy. I am not sure calling the NVC will speed up the process, but will at least give you a piece of mind and allow you to retrieve the number. Please keep us updated on your progress! Congrats on the approval!

7/19/2010 NOA1

12/13/2010 NOA2 Document Received

12/27/2010 Embassy e-mail Package 3.5 received

01/31/2011 Embassy Interview Date

01/31/2011 K1 Visa Approved 6 months, 1 week, & 4 days from NAO1

02/26/2011 In the US

05/26/2011 Married!

Timeline

did you find out anything yet?

7/19/2010 NOA1

02/26/2011 In the US

05/26/2011 Married!

Timeline

My wife and i are getting so frustrated about this NVC thing regarding our (i130), the case number was given to us two weeks ago and since then they told us that they have sent us emails about the next process and instructions but my wife and i never received any email from them. We have called several times and they kept telling us that the email will be re-send or sent and that we should follow the instructions on the next process but we still didn't get anything. I called them again yesterday and a lady that i spoke with told me that it takes 3-5 days for us to get the email, i was so surprised cos since my wife has been calling them, nobody ever told her such. She called them again tonight and the person she spoke with said the email has been re-sent now and that she should have it by now. This is very annoying and its like playing games cos they have both my wife and i contact email and we still didn't get anything. Can i please get some comprehensive explanations on whats going on or has any had this kind of related issues with them and put me through please. Thanks so much.

Why are you not going on the CEAC website yourself? Search the wiki for NVC Process and follow the instructions on there.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

We finally got our daughters number last night after a half hour of redialing and an hour and 15 minutes on hold. We were told 5 days to 2 weeks to get the email. 3 days ago we were told it could take another 5 weeks to even get a number! I am not sure if you can carry on the process without the email or not, possibly someone can chime in on that. Here is what I get when checking on the site with her number.

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us athttp://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html for additional information.
Could only suggest first checking nothing has gone to spam (which I am sure you did already) and possibly call back again and talk to level 2 and find out why you are being told something that has not occurred. I am guessing it may be actually taking that long for some reason and you are being given wrong info. It probably goes to another group once a number is issued and they are the only ones that can send the email.

7/19/2010 NOA1

02/26/2011 In the US

05/26/2011 Married!

Timeline

Why are you not going on the CEAC website yourself? Search the wiki for NVC Process and follow the instructions on there.

We only have the case number. Can the invoice number be given to me on the phone if i called them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.