vyttux

DS-260 form. questions for Healthcare worker. HELP

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

Me and my wife are in the process to finish the DS-260 form filling. In the DS-260 form there are a couple of questions related to health care professionals.

Are you a health care worker seeking to perform such work in the United States but have not yet received certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools or from an equivalent approved independent credentialing organization?

My wife has a Bachelor Degree in Dental Hygiene and is currently working as a Dental Hygienist in Lithuania. Her intention is to perfom such work in the U.S. also, but she does not have any certificationfrom the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools or from an equivalent approved independent credentialing organization? If she answers "Yes" then she has to explain why. Well the main argument for this is, that she would get all the required certifications and licences to perfom such work after she gets the green card and emigrates to the U.S., she could find a job which does not require any training or experience while she will get all the licenses, because to get the diploma evaluation and to get the right certifications costs money and takes up time.

If she would answer "No" she would be lying, because her studies and her professional experience shows that she is a Dental Hygienist and she is related to Health Care. So this could end by denied viza during the interview.

Can we hope that the explanation which we have could be accepted and would not destroy our hopes to get the Green Card during the interview or it is a must for her to get all the certifications before the interview? Maybe somebody has previous experience with a similar situation?

We are a bit confused here...:(

Edited by vyttux

Ok, this whole thing about labor certifications confuses people because the DS260 is a generic form and this does not apply to DV cases, it is important for work permit visas. I would exactly answer "yes" and then explain that she will get the required certifications when there. No, it will not be cause for denial.

Thank you Susie for the quick reply. I was looking for some information about this question in other sites and found out one case where a guy commented, that he was denied because he did not have the certifications before the interview, but I don't believe it that was a case for such decision.

Thank you Susie for the quick reply. I was looking for some information about this question in other sites and found out one case where a guy commented, that he was denied because he did not have the certifications before the interview, but I don't believe it that was a case for such decision.

A DV case? I'd be very surprised if that was the reason.

That most certainly couldn't have been a DV based case, probably an employment based petition.

Thank you for the answers.

Again there are some questions left which causes us confusion.

Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?

How we should answer this question, logically: Yes, of course we will perform skilled or unskilled work, but anyway we would get the certifications if needed after we immigrate to U.S. How would you answer this question?

And the last question we do not know how to answer:

Are you a graduate of a foreign medical school seeking to perform medical services in the United States but have not yet passed the National Board of Medical Examiners examination or its equivalent?

For me it is simple, I put NO because I am not a graduate of a foreign medical school, but my wife is.

So again, if she answers YES and then makes explanation that she would get all the examinations or it's equivalent after she immigrates to United States can we hope that the consulate will accept such answers and we wll not be denied to get a visa ?

I have scanned this forum to find these answers and how to correctly fill the DS-260, but the more info I find, the more it makes us confused...

Thank you all for your patience and understanding, maybe we are exaggerating and focusing too much on these questions, but we want to be sure we fill the DS-260 correctly.

Edited by vyttux

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.