24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ok, so far, I'm just looking for a general idea of what date NVC is actually on. Last I checked, they received my documents for the Visa application (DS-260) on July 10. Initially, they told me 2-4 weeks to review. I called at 4 weeks, they told me 6 weeks. Then I got a notice saying they were backlogged and there was a 60 day wait. I called at 6 weeks now for the hell of it, and I asked specifically when I should receive an answer, and 2 separate times, I was told, By September 10... 60 Days... What the hell is going on? I asked them, "3 month wait, correct?", and got yelled at that it was 60 days, not business days. Both times this happened. Extremely rude. Before I could ask any other info, they would always yell out, "NO, Sir...". Irritated the absolute hell out of me. I never got any rude people from NVC before until yesterday, and today when I called. I was simply trying to ask what dates, if any knowledge, they were currently working on, so I had SOME idea how close. Anyone here that sent NVC their documents for a CR-1, and they recieved them before July 10 get the notice that it was approved yet? Very frustrating. 2 more weeks I guess... And this last process is absolutely killing my wife... And I am being literal, she is starting to get bouts of depression, and starting to worry me. We just want this process over with... It's agonizing!

Timeline

60 BUSINESS days... Another words, 60 days, NOT counting weekends. It's what they do on all other documents usually, or tell me. So 30 business days is 6 weeks. 60 business days is about 3 months... I feel like they were just rude a-holes the last 2 days. Just curious how close other people were, or how long they actually waited. If it's actually 60 days, still want to shoot myself, but still better then 3 months!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

But you said you "got yelled at that it was 60 days, not business days." Sounds like you got all the confirmation you need that it is TWO months (60 days) and not THREE (90 days). Maybe I'm not understanding something here...

Timeline

Well, for a fact, it states everything is business days on every form, It makes a difference. I have been told wrong information consistently from ALL immigration offices. Like when I argued they input her information wrong, but they insisted I am wrong, and yelled at me. Then pointed the finger at me, that maybe I made a mistake... Upon review of the forms that I submitted, they were at fault. Apparently, I was married since 1989, but my wife was born in 2013 in their eyes, even argued on the phone about it, but they were clearly too stupid to notice it. I called, 6 times... The last person spotted it right away, noticed THEY made the mistake because she checked the forms I sent. Just an example of the pure stupidity I have delt with. They sent me an e-mail, they had reviewed my forms, and made numerous typos, and apologized for the mistake... It cost me and my wife an extra 30 days because of their mistake... 30 business days to be exact... After being explained that anything means business days (I called after 30 days), not counting weekends, because they don't operate weekends. Ooorrr how they changed her name on the forms, reason because it "Just didn't seem right, and the agent thought he was correcting a mistake he assumed I maybe had made."... After review, again they apologized for their typos and inability to scrutinize paperwork correctly.

How about you put the name "I", the damn petitioner put on the damn forms that match the other forms and all identifications... Oh wait... another 30 business days. Ok, ok... I'm ranting now... Sorry. Just... The amount of stupidity we have to go through... Annoying. This has happened about 4 times... between USCIS and NVC... we are at wits end here. Just wanted to see how long others had actually taken when got the same 60 days notice... After all, I was told 2-4 weeks, then 6 weeks, now 60 days... 6 weeks just passed. Looking to see if maybe there are any other surprises ready to be sprung.

I feel you... We're exactly waiting the effin last process before having everything get completed. We submitted DS-260 last july 11 and were noticed of the 30 business days to review. and based on terrible experiences i got from NVC Rude operators, sent them email instead and they responded after more than three weeks i think and it was really really frustrating to know that it's taking them 60days now to review the file. I mean, its taking forever right? I havent received letter of interview yet. I guess, we just have to patiently wait coz the NVC operators are not helping at all. Very rude and impatient that it gets us even more frustrated. Let's hope we still have the chance of that "30 business days" though.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Well, for a fact, it states everything is business days on every form, It makes a difference. I have been told wrong information consistently from ALL immigration offices. Like when I argued they input her information wrong, but they insisted I am wrong, and yelled at me. Then pointed the finger at me, that maybe I made a mistake... Upon review of the forms that I submitted, they were at fault. Apparently, I was married since 1989, but my wife was born in 2013 in their eyes, even argued on the phone about it, but they were clearly too stupid to notice it. I called, 6 times... The last person spotted it right away, noticed THEY made the mistake because she checked the forms I sent. Just an example of the pure stupidity I have delt with. They sent me an e-mail, they had reviewed my forms, and made numerous typos, and apologized for the mistake... It cost me and my wife an extra 30 days because of their mistake... 30 business days to be exact... After being explained that anything means business days (I called after 30 days), not counting weekends, because they don't operate weekends. Ooorrr how they changed her name on the forms, reason because it "Just didn't seem right, and the agent thought he was correcting a mistake he assumed I maybe had made."... After review, again they apologized for their typos and inability to scrutinize paperwork correctly.

How about you put the name "I", the damn petitioner put on the damn forms that match the other forms and all identifications... Oh wait... another 30 business days. Ok, ok... I'm ranting now... Sorry. Just... The amount of stupidity we have to go through... Annoying. This has happened about 4 times... between USCIS and NVC... we are at wits end here. Just wanted to see how long others had actually taken when got the same 60 days notice... After all, I was told 2-4 weeks, then 6 weeks, now 60 days... 6 weeks just passed. Looking to see if maybe there are any other surprises ready to be sprung.

I can relate with the typo stuff. I think it also cost us extra days, but I'm not sure. When we got our first email with our case number, they for some reason used my maiden name and spelt it wrong, so I asked to have it corrected. That took about two weeks to happen thankfully, but I think it reset the date of my DS-261. I don't know that for sure.

The most odd thing about this was CEAC had my name correct the whole time, it was just that one dopey email agent who couldn't read or spell.

Edited by Ketsuban

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It is what it is...you won't change it by asking questions or obsessing over details....

Just keep calling and dont take them personally.

They deal with a lot of people that are upset and confused.

Good luck, I hope you get your case number tomorrow....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Our documents were received July 17. I spoke with an agent and he said the 60 days actually is counted from the time they received our choice of agent form which was July 10 & that its taking them 5 weeks to review the Ds 261 so I should expect to be invoiced my IV bill by next week. I'll come back and let you know when it happens.

Edited by foreignnaijawife

Timeline

That's not right... 60 days from choice of agent... Choice of agent, and I-184 is done before all that. I got the 60-day notice just for them to open up my IV documents, and 'review' them so we can get our interview date finally.... Basically, just someone to open my package and say, "Yup, it's all here... Send it to Bangkok. NEXT!"

Edit: By the way... It's been 6 weeks since July 10 when they received my documents... 2 more weeks, and it will hit their ridiculous 60 day wait, COUNTING weekends... Ugh... So irritating.

Edited by Serpent Dragon ZX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

That's not right... 60 days from choice of agent... Choice of agent, and I-184 is done before all that. I got the 60-day notice just for them to open up my IV documents, and 'review' them so we can get our interview date finally.... Basically, just someone to open my package and say, "Yup, it's all here... Send it to Bangkok. NEXT!"

Edit: By the way... It's been 6 weeks since July 10 when they received my documents... 2 more weeks, and it will hit their ridiculous 60 day wait, COUNTING weekends... Ugh... So irritating.

Just a slight change to what you said. "Yup, it's all here... Interview date is XX/XX/XX. Now send it to Bangkok. NEXT!".

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

From what I'm seeing in other forums Nvc is now processing and reviewing doc received on July 11th last week they process July 9th and 10th so it looks like they are about a little over a month behind. The 60 day wait is not business days is calendar days. I send in my AOS and IV package on 8/8/14 and got the 60 day wait email on 8/11/14 they start counting from the date in the email. by the looks of it they will review it sometime by end of Sept -_-

Timeline

Well, it told me the date from when they recieved my documents, which was July 10. I got my notice about the 60 days August 1. But both times I called, they tell me I should have an answer by September 10.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.