JannahC

Cairo Embassy Interview Waiting Times

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello all!

I appreciate any info you can give me about interview appointment waiting times for Cairo Embassy! My fiancé submitted the requested documents to the embassy on August 4th. He received his Egyptian passport back on August 10th. (I am guessing since they sent it back they have received our packet and opened it). We are very anxious waiting for a notice of his interview date and at least want to have an estimate on the time we will wait.

Thank you so much in advance!

Jannah & Mamdouh

Hello all!

I appreciate any info you can give me about interview appointment waiting times for Cairo Embassy! My fiancé submitted the requested documents to the embassy on August 4th. He received his Egyptian passport back on August 10th. (I am guessing since they sent it back they have received our packet and opened it). We are very anxious waiting for a notice of his interview date and at least want to have an estimate on the time we will wait.

Thank you so much in advance!

Jannah & Mamdouh

Hello there,

I have experience with the embassy in cairo, but i dont know they change the waiting time or not cos my case was way back at 2009!!!

so when i send my package ? i got letter after week to let me know what time i have to be there for interview, it was a week after that, when i went there and waiting line for the interview? i went to special windows talk to some US citizen ( special for immigrant case ) i have all my copy, photos , email, post card, etc....

he start asking me a lot of question about how i meet my wife and some different question, etc....

after about 25min he told me we done and ask me to leave and if they need anything from me ? they gonna call me and he ask me to left my passport there and go pay fee for DHL services ( DHL is mail service company there, they have office inside the embassy )

p.s.

you guys know whats going on in Egypt right now so be Patience!!!

God bless you guys

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Aswanco Thank you for your reply!

Yes it seems the waiting times have increased a lot since then! Also thanks for your description about what happens when you go for the interview. Yes its going to take a lot of sabr with all this waiting and not knowing anything. God bless you and your wife too!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Fiancé visas are not my speciality in regards to knowledge of wait times, but for my husband's interview we waited just under 5 months. Scheduled for September 1st.

Someone I know whose case was complete only a few weeks before ours doing a fiancé visa had an interview the end of May. Generally speaking, fiancé visas get scheduled faster.

0fb4b110-8058-4795-a9f6-fc7490beaf3d.jpg

Above poster was talking about me. :) We submitted the first week of February and his interview was the end of May. About 3.5 months. It's frustrating and disappointing to wait that long, but if you can come to terms with it, you'll enjoy the wait a lot more. Good luck to you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Why do they take so long? I can understand during the revolution, but now?

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.