16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

Just joined tonight.....

Primarily because I'm just angry and upset about this process of getting a visa for my fiance. I'm a US citizen living in Iowa - mid fifties years old. I applied for a K1 visa for my fiance from China. She spent about 4 months living with me last year (2013). She was on a B1 visa at the time, and we both decided it best we go through the proper approach and wait until she returned to China to file and not get married. We had both heard that if we did that, it could be construed as visa fraud. We did that, we waited until she returned home to China and only then did we file and receive the USCIS NOA1 - Feb 27, 2014. Then a few months later I got the dreaded RFE. We had to re-submit, and get new translations for her divorce in China, also we got a "no re-marriage" certificate, translated just to be safe also. Also, I had two prior filings, but they both fell through before embassy interviews, the relationships had simply gone south. The RFE asked me to also indicate to ask for a waiver. I did and explained those two prior K1's which fell through before any visa was ever even issued. I had written letters in both cases to Immigration department stopping them of my own volition. However, one of those two were over ten years old, and I had lost all the paperwork. I supplied as much evidence as I had in my files.

USCIS received my RFE response on March 15, 2014. It's past the 5 month advertised average for NOA2, and "My Case Status" has the following verbiage: "you should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date....". Were well past that also...

My question for you fine bunch of folks, who have gone through or are going through this "Journey" - When do i start to really wonder? By wonder I mean wonder if I'll ever get a K1 visa? I'm loosing hope, and simply put feel like I'm out of options. I realize my case is complicated, but what could be holding this up? Maybe I'm getting my expectations to high?

I've filed a "Service Request" to no avail, they simply regurgitated the same thing I read on "My Case Status". I've called level 2 support a couple of times - they all tell me nothing, not what's holding up my case, not where it's at or even if it's being actively worked on or not. Are these not cogent questions to ask? Am I crazy for wanting to know?

I've already contacted my congressman, not sure beyond that what else I can do to spur these people to do their job in a timely manner.

Advice is welcome - going out of my wits wondering.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Filing & Progress Forum~

~inquiry/commentary about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It will definitely end. Ive pretty much felt like you throughout most of this process.....

exactly one year to the day today since I filed the 129F.......embassy issued the Visa this morning......

Its too late now, but I thought it she had previously been the in the states and entered legally, even if she overstayed, you could have simply been married in the US and then filed to adjust her status......even if that is true, too late.

You have a bit of a complex case, prior cancelled K1, divorces on both sides....

Did you have an experienced immigration attorney prepare your 129F?

My case was not nearly as complex, but I would have made all sorts of mistakes if I had not used a lawyer to prepare the 129F....translations, my fiancees name had changed after her parents divorce, things like that I would have missed.

Unfortunately, the problem at both USCIS and the consulates is that if ANYTHING falls out of the "norm" then it tends to go really slowly as it gets off the assembly line track.

Hang in there.

Timeline

Thank you Average Guy -

First of all - Congrats on the visa being issued today, that is wonderful news for you! I wish all the best for you!

Secondly - thank you for your words, I especially can relate to what you said about the "assembly line" - I think the same thing, out of the norm, then your case slows down to a snails pace. My two previous K1 visas, even though neither went through, I think is what is causing the issue(s). I don't know, that's just a guess. I can't imagine though, why they simply won't tell me, doesn't seem to hard.

No on the attorney, I find on this forum and others, most folks say don't waste your money on one - as a business man, I realize that an attorney makes money only when they find trouble, and they seem to find a lot of it. Kinda like staying out of the hospital to stay well. But, you've got a good point, I did make at least one mistake on the waiver part, I think the rest was done correctly though.

ChinaPostMan

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I cannot find the "K1 Filing and Progress Forum" - can you assist me with that Long Time Member?

Thank you.

Hi ChinaPostMan,

No problem 'Newbie'..... Your thread was moved to the K1 Case Filing and Progress Reports with a link from the original K1 Process & Procedures Forum (where you originally posted it). Your topic appeared to be a more logical fit in this forum, as that similar topics are often discussed in this forum. It seems that you are asking what is holding up the progress on your filed visa.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. call USCIS again, asking to be transferred to an ISO. or

2. engage the Immigration Liason Staffer Human at one of the 3 congressional offices that serve you (1 rep, 2 senators) and have them chase it down with USCIS.

yer past the window, I think some boondoggle occurred with maybe the last adjudicator getting reassigned to other visa types.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a little bit before you... No RFE and no updates since I filed. Hopefully you think of something good to do because I'm out of options other than waiting! And I'm tired of that too haha.

Timeline

Thank you Darnell -

I just heard back from my US Senator today, the lady who called me said they spoke to the California service center, and the case has been on the adjudicating officer's desk since July 15, 2014. So, the lady from my US Senator's office told me they asked to speak to the case worker directly. That should happen in the next few business days. I'm overwhelmed with excitement and scared a bit too - actual movement and updates!

I find it very interesting in the contrasts I'm finding, my US Senator gets on this case right away, and gets back to me within days - the USCIS, not a chance, could have been many more months. Such a juxtaposition in ways the Federal government does it's business. Who would have thought my congressman (who is not running coz he's like 120 years old now) would help me out.

Anyway - much hope restored just from a simple update. I wish the top dogs at the USCIS could hear that for such little effort, they could improve their image so drastically by simply telling folks what's up with their case instead of some canned message on a website or an endless mind loop of phone calls and service requests which yield nothing.

Timeline

Update - received notice from my Senator's office today that my K1 visa was approved! I can't hardly believe it, I was speechless. I guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

ChinaPostMan

Update - received notice from my Senator's office today that my K1 visa was approved! I can't hardly believe it, I was speechless. I guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

ChinaPostMan

Congratulations!!! That is exciting news!! :)

event.png

event.png
3-18-2014 - Mailed I-129F
3-24-2014 - NOA1 (email)
9-2-2014 - NOA2 (email)
9-16-2014 - NVC Received
9-17-21014 - NVC Case #
9-19-2014 - Belize Embassy Received electronically
10-15-2014 - Notice that Packet 3 was ready.
10-17-2014 - Fiance picked up both Packet 3 and Packet 4
11-11-2014 - Interview!! **Embassy cancelled because they remembered it was Veteran's day :wacko:
11-18-2014 - Interview!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

ChinaPostMan

Congrats chinapostman. You are one lucky man to have your response so soon. My case isn't 1/10th complicated and we have nothing. Well that's the curse of TSC. Either way happy for you guys. Pray for us my friend and I wish you the best through the rest of the process.:)

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

ChinaPostMan

congratulations

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ChinaPostMan

That's great news,

I'm thinking you meant the I-129F petition.

an approved K1 visa occurs after a successful Immigrant Visa Appointment and Interview in Guangzhou.. [just sayin..]

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

ChinaPostMan

Congrats.

Your case will now move through NVC to Guangzhou consulate within couple of weeks,

and your fiancee will receive packet 3 soon, followed by packet 4.

Prepare and send all your part of the documents to fiancee soon,

and double and triple check every document from her side.

Be sure that she gets Police, birth, and no marriage certificates from official place

(GongZhengChu) and get few copies made. This is sometimes called "white book".

This usually takes at least 5 working days, and she can request this now to save time.

Also, depending on her age, she may also have trouble locating the proper birth certificate

as these records weren't well kept before. So you want to get going on all this

while waiting for packet 3.

Here is a check list we used to make sure that we prepared everything.

You may not need all of them, but use it as a guideline.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=18735

Good luck.

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.