rucus

Administrative processing to ready back to administrative processing

5 posts in this topic

We supplied the requested documents Aug 4th. Since then we have been in administrative processing with up dates on the 13th, 15th 18th on the 19th the visa status update changed to ready. Today the 20th the updated changed back to admin. process. This seems to happen with some frequency to VJ members. We are in Thailand if that makes a difference. The paperwork for the 221-g was for our daughters medical also further domicile proof. Any ideas on what to expect next?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes, Bangkok has been backed up lately..they told us last week they had about 100 immigrant cases pending documents etc.....

I know how you feel, we are (I hope) at the end of the 221g process also (for 2013 tax return and a couple other minor things).....the documents were supplied July 24th. Last Friday they replied to email that they got them (back on August 7th) and were reviewing them.

Then an hour later Friday august 15th our status (which had been on Refused since January interview) FINALLY changed to Ready!

Then status update again 18th, 19th, and then later at about 2:30 pm on the 19th the status changed to nonimmigrant visa from immigrant visa (cause its a K1 I see this happens a lot) and the case creation date changed form Nov 26th to August 19th and status updates then matched at August 19th...and the message changed wording.

From what I have seen and heard from others this is what happens the day before issued.

Yours is not K1, so Im not sure, but look for case creation date to change to match status updated date....day after that seems to be Issued date.

If you supplied the documents August 4th by overnight registered mail, then give them 2 weeks to get the documents delivered to the IV unit.

You can email them, but it can take them up to a week to answer, they are not ignoring you, they just are backed up.

If everything is ok with your case and you are seeing all these updates, thats all GOOD news and they are working on it.

Changing back and forth to AP is fine, it does not mean you are in the dreaded never ending "security check" type AP, its just them working on it.

Good luck, keep me updated...Im really hoping ours moves to issued today...!

Your case may changed to issued today....AP seems to happen right before issued also.

I just checked the visa update site. It has changed to issued. Stating visas have been printed and will be mailed or picked up depending on our prior instructions.

I have no idea how Armenia got in there. I will try to correct that. I filled DCF(USCIS) next door to the embassy in Bangkok.

Thanks for your support. Best of luck with your visa being issued.

Edited by rucus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just have to accept that the DHS/D of State workers are people who could not get jobs at 7/11, for real. The Yanks I mean, the Thai's are cool. They are paying millions to CGI now but already they are contaminated too!. With an Admin like this one, it's not all their fault, a succession of buffoons at D of S radiates down the ladder. Hang in there and CGI will fix you up in the end.

Edited by Tango777

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.