miriamguzman

VERY PARTICULAR CASE. NEED ADVICE, PLEASE.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

I got brought into the united states at the age of 3 with a fake name but real visa to live with my parents who were already there at the time. While living with my parents my name got changed back to the one on my real birth certificate. i went to school in the united states until the age of 18. A month and a half after i turned 18 i returned to my country of birth using my fake alias passport and expired visa. once here i got my official country identification (finger print scanned) my license, enrolled into my university, and got a passport with my real name and never again used the fake alias that got me into the us.
4 years later (now) i want to revisit the united states and see friends and family. i have no intention of staying and at this point my direct family has also returned to my country.
My aunt who is very affluent would be the one sponsoring me to go with her because i am currently still a student. i want to know what could possibly be the issues i come across when i go and try to get my visa to visit? thank you guys for your help.

There is also this that should be held into account since i left around 40 days after my 18th birthday:
...foreign nationals who have accrued unlawful presence are directly linked to the 3-year and 10-year bars. Thus, foreign nationals who accrue more than 180 days but less than 1 year of unlawful presence will be barred from re-entry to the U.S. for three years. Similarly, foreign nationals who have been in the U.S. for one year or more beyond the period of authorized stay are barred from re-entering the U.S. for ten years.
A minor child, under the age of 18, does not accrue unlawful presence for purposes of the three and ten year bars until the day after his or her 18th birthday.
i was basically unlawfully in the united states for 40 days, giving me no penalization. how much can i count on this?

Take no action until you have consulted an experienced immigration attorney. Misrepresentation / fraud is a lifetime bar from the US, and given that you have openly admitted using fraudulent documents, you could have a problem.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You do not have a ban, but with your history you are not an obvious candidate for a Tourist Visa.

No harm trying, but probably a better option to settle down, job, family etc before realistically expecting to get one.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I got brought into the united states at the age of 3 with a fake name but real visa to live with my parents who were already there at the time. While living with my parents my name got changed back to the one on my real birth certificate. i went to school in the united states until the age of 18. A month and a half after i turned 18 i returned to my country of birth using my fake alias passport and expired visa. once here i got my official country identification (finger print scanned) my license, enrolled into my university, and got a passport with my real name and never again used the fake alias that got me into the us.

4 years later (now) i want to revisit the united states and see friends and family. i have no intention of staying and at this point my direct family has also returned to my country.

My aunt who is very affluent would be the one sponsoring me to go with her because i am currently still a student. i want to know what could possibly be the issues i come across when i go and try to get my visa to visit? thank you guys for your help.

There is also this that should be held into account since i left around 40 days after my 18th birthday:

...foreign nationals who have accrued unlawful presence are directly linked to the 3-year and 10-year bars. Thus, foreign nationals who accrue more than 180 days but less than 1 year of unlawful presence will be barred from re-entry to the U.S. for three years. Similarly, foreign nationals who have been in the U.S. for one year or more beyond the period of authorized stay are barred from re-entering the U.S. for ten years.

A minor child, under the age of 18, does not accrue unlawful presence for purposes of the three and ten year bars until the day after his or her 18th birthday. i was basically unlawfully in the united states for 40 days, giving me no penalization. how much can i count on this?

To get a real visa on a fake name was already misrepresentation on the part of whoever participated in that.

You need to adress this before even getting into the overstay

As others have noted, you want a really good lawyer to discuss your case.

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

You do not have a ban, but with your history you are not an obvious candidate for a Tourist Visa.

No harm trying, but probably a better option to settle down, job, family etc before realistically expecting to get one.

Yea, I mean I would have guessed i wouldn't be an obvious candidate. I figured giving my aunts record of coming and going to the United States for almost 14 years and sponsoring people to go and come back, I thought that might help my situation. Recently she sponsored an employee to go with her and take pictures of an event in the united states, the employee makes minimum wage here and she got a 10 year Tourist Visa.

Thank you to everyone for the input.

Timeline

You can not sponsor a tourist visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Only one way of finding out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.