Annmi

Post Decision Activity, does not indicate Aprroved or Denied

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hello everyone,
Can some please help as this is driving me crazy, We submitted additional information to reply I130 intent to revoke 2 weeks now, after my husband was denied his visa under section 221(g) at interview in lagos Nigeria. I got this email below from USCIS today, but it dose not indicate whether case has being approved or denied. I called USCIS, rep told me that our case has being approved :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: and on its way to NVC, i asked to speak with officer to get ensure this letter was sent to the right address, as my last letter was sent to my old address even after i have called and also went online to change my address. Officer noted that this was sent to my old address and he cannot confirm the content of this letter as approval or denial as it was sent from California processing center. I asked if there was a number i could call t speak with someone at the center, he said no. Has anyone experienced this before and what was the outcome? please advise. thank you
The last processing action taken on your case

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On July 30, 2014, your notice I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of July 30, 2014, contact customer service at1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Hello everyone,

Can some please help as this is driving me crazy, We submitted additional information to reply I130 intent to revoke 2 weeks now, after my husband was denied his visa under section 221(g) at interview in lagos Nigeria. I got this email below from USCIS today, but it dose not indicate whether case has being approved or denied. I called USCIS, rep told me that our case has being approved :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: and on its way to NVC, i asked to speak with officer to get ensure this letter was sent to the right address, as my last letter was sent to my old address even after i have called and also went online to change my address. Officer noted that this was sent to my old address and he cannot confirm the content of this letter as approval or denial as it was sent from California processing center. I asked if there was a number i could call t speak with someone at the center, he said no. Has anyone experienced this before and what was the outcome? please advise. thank you

The last processing action taken on your case

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

On July 30, 2014, your notice I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of July 30, 2014, contact customer service at1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

It seems that they have different update or something....my I-130 was approved and the email I received is the following.

On July 18, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

thanks for the reply, at leastt your was worded as approved

So you verified with USCIS that they mailed to your current address right? And it mailed out yesterday?

Now you wait for the decision if you got reaffirmed or not. Good luck.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone! thanks for all your help as it is greatly appreciated.

We have an interview date and we are filling out form DS 260, my husband had a previous marriage which was done by regular family introduction which the embassy notified us that it is considered marriage by the constitution of Nigeria once there is an exchange of gifts. He does not remember the exact date that this was done and there is session about previous marriages in the DS 260. Can any one please advise how we can go about this? Thanks,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Africa/Sub-Saharan regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hello Everyone! thanks for all your help as it is greatly appreciated.

We have an interview date and we are filling out form DS 260, my husband had a previous marriage which was done by regular family introduction which the embassy notified us that it is considered marriage by the constitution of Nigeria once there is an exchange of gifts. He does not remember the exact date that this was done and there is session about previous marriages in the DS 260. Can any one please advise how we can go about this? Thanks,

Does he know about the month and the year? he needs to be pretty close on the dates. I am sure he can guesstimate. This is very important because him not remembering can look like he is trying to hide the fact he was married before so he needs to contact who married him ask his family and get something down.

Can;t he ask the girl he married?

Also you realize since the embassy says he was married he needs divorce papers which basically nullifies your marriage you have now.

You might want to seek a lawyer to address how to handle an "introduction" marriage. Never heard of that. How in the world would the embassy know about a "introduction"?

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

So your husband had a traditional marriage. It sounds like what you are calling the introduction is the ceremony to establish bride price. This seals the deal to buy the lady of interest and effectively set a marriage in motion. I have not had to get through Lagos with a termination of prior traditional marriage ( Joseph had gotten to bride price and beyond but the woman died before the marriage celebration so all we needed was death notice ) I know tradition varies a little but to end a traditional marriage the girls family can return the bride price ( even years after marriage ) or you can get a court divorce. Did either happen ? Need to know more about what happened after the introduction ceremony.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Yes, the letter did mean re approve. thanks for your help.

What happened to your first petition that was approved Dec. 2012? Did you have interview and was denied and this is your second petition?

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.