SJA

Waiting for oath letter in New Orleans

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

I had my interview on July 1 passed, no oath letter yet

How long does it takes in New Orleans anybody with expurience

There is a poster, DanTes, I believe, in the March 2014 forum who had his naturalisation interview in the New Orleans area in early June and has not received any oath scheduling confirmation. Post in the March 2014 to see if he/she has further updates.

I don't want your suffering! I don't want your future!
I have neither legal training nor immigration expertise; all comments posted must therefore be consumed in that vein.

My Naturalisation Timeline (Last updated: 7th August, 2014)

29-MAR-14: N-400 Application Dispatched to USCIS
30-MAR-14: Eligible to File N-400 Application
31-MAR-14: N-400 Application Received by USCIS
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Dated
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Priority Date

04-APR-14: Payment cheque cashed by USCIS
07-APR-14: Online Status - Biometrics Appointment Notice Dispatched
07-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Dated
08-APR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Received
14-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

01-MAY-14: Biometrics Appointment
29-MAY-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Interview Scheduling

06-JUN-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Interview Scheduled
05-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Dated
11-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Received

16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Initial Interview - Decision Could Not Be Made
16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Requested to supply specific evidence documentation

17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Follow-up Interview
17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Specific evidence documentation submitted in person during follow-up interview

21-JUL-14: Application for Naturalisation approved

22-JUL-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduling

07-AUG-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduled (Judicial Oath Ceremony)

00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Dated
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Received
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Date
00-XXX-14: US Passport Application Dispatched
00-XXX-14: US Passport Received

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Thanks

There is a poster, DanTes, I believe, in the March 2014 forum who had his naturalisation interview in the New Orleans area in early June and has not received any oath scheduling confirmation. Post in the March 2014 to see if he/she has further updates.

Thanks

I had my interview on July 1 passed, no oath letter yet

How long does it takes in New Orleans anybody with expurience

My wife passed her interview in Metairie on June 2. Did an infopass after 51 days just to check the status of her case. They told her that nothing else was required from her. She was told that because she required a name change, a judicaial ceremony would probably be held in Hattiesburg, MS. in September. USCIS is moving from Metairie to the Poydras Building (behind the Superdome), and will be closed from 15 to 20 August. Nothing to do but wait as New Orleans has a 7.1 month processing time. Keep in touch, as you are the first poster we have seen from New Orleans.

NATURALIZATION

02/25/2014 - Eligibility date.

03/03/2014 - N-400 package mailed.

03/11/2014 - Check cashed.

03/14/2014 - NOA received.

04/09/2014 - Biometrics.

04/28/2014 - In-Line for Interview - 6 hours later Interview Scheduled!!

05/02/2014 - Interview Letter received. (Mailed on 29 April)

05/26/2014 - 3 year anniversary.

06/02/2014 - Interview. PASSED!

09/11/2014 - Oath Ceremony.

09/16/2014 - Updated driver licence and registered to vote.

10/08/2014 - Updated Social Security

10/14/2014 - Applied for U.S. Passport

10/27/2014 - U.S. Passport arrived in mail (13 days - DID NOT expedite)

10/30/2014 - Naturalization Certificate arrived in mail (was not folded)

MY IMMIGRATION JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED!!

My wife passed her interview in Metairie on June 2. Did an infopass after 51 days just to check the status of her case. They told her that nothing else was required from her. She was told that because she required a name change, a judicaial ceremony would probably be held in Hattiesburg, MS. in September. USCIS is moving from Metairie to the Poydras Building (behind the Superdome), and will be closed from 15 to 20 August. Nothing to do but wait as New Orleans has a 7.1 month processing time. Keep in touch, as you are the first poster we have seen from New Orleans.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We are very concern because my wife had her interview back in middle of June and she passed. The officer gave a letter stating she passed but need additional documents (the same ones that I sent with the N-400 application) again! So when we home I sent more photos, mortgage deed, bank statements, etc. we waited and waited until I checked on her case status online and it says that the oath ceremony has been mailed out on July 1 !! We never received it. It's Aug 1 now and we don't know what to do. We have been at the same address, never moved and we received the NOA back in May for the biometrics appointment so why didn't we get the ceremony letter? I called the customer service and they can only request a call back from the local office, and who knows when they will get back with us. We're afraid my wife will miss her ceremony! Anyone experience the same circumstance?

Timeline

For those waiting to be scheduled for Naturalisation Oath Ceremonies in the New Orleans local field office, here is an idea you might try if you're looking to speed things up:

A Naturalisation Oath can be performed by any competent entity (such as a US district judge, or authorised agents at local USCIS field offices) at any time, and there is no requirement that this oath must be taken at a formal ceremony scheduled at a future date. Applicants have in the past successfully made informal requests to both US district judges and USCIS field office agents to swear the oath in private and ahead of any scheduled ceremonies.

My suggestions:

1) Gather all documentation that shows your N-400 application has been approved

2) Start calling US district court clerks to see if there are any judges in your jurisdiction amenable to conducting a private oath ceremony for an individual in a hurry to become naturalised

3) Co-ordinate with your local USCIS office in order that they may either furnish the requisite information and documentation to the US district court (in the event an amenable judge is found), or enquire with them about private oath ceremonies at the local office in the event an amenable judge cannot be found

This does require some determination, of course, but it is not a long shot and I have seen cases where people have met with success.

Good luck!

I have neither legal training nor immigration expertise; all comments posted must therefore be consumed in that vein.

29-MAY-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Interview Scheduling

16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Initial Interview - Decision Could Not Be Made
16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Requested to supply specific evidence documentation

17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Specific evidence documentation submitted in person during follow-up interview

22-JUL-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduling

07-AUG-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduled (Judicial Oath Ceremony)

Timeline

Joe&Dzung,

It's possible that your wife has missed her oath ceremonies since it seems common to only schedule such ceremonies a few weeks in advance; in you case, a full month has passed.

The situation is not terribly severe, though. Here's what you should do right away:

1) Go to your local field office as a walk-in INFOPASS (don't bother trying to schedule one on the online system) and expain the situation

2) If you have missed the oath ceremony' politely ask them to schedule you right away for the next one and request that they hand you the notice letter before you leave

3) If you have not missed the oath ceremony, simply ask them to print off another notice letter for you

Good luck!

We are very concern because my wife had her interview back in middle of June and she passed. The officer gave a letter stating she passed but need additional documents (the same ones that I sent with the N-400 application) again! So when we home I sent more photos, mortgage deed, bank statements, etc. we waited and waited until I checked on her case status online and it says that the oath ceremony has been mailed out on July 1 !! We never received it. It's Aug 1 now and we don't know what to do. We have been at the same address, never moved and we received the NOA back in May for the biometrics appointment so why didn't we get the ceremony letter? I called the customer service and they can only request a call back from the local office, and who knows when they will get back with us. We're afraid my wife will miss her ceremony! Anyone experience the same circumstance?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Joe&Dzung,

It's possible that your wife has missed her oath ceremonies since it seems common to only schedule such ceremonies a few weeks in advance; in you case, a full month has passed.

The situation is not terribly severe, though. Here's what you should do right away:

1) Go to your local field office as a walk-in INFOPASS (don't bother trying to schedule one on the online system) and expain the situation

2) If you have missed the oath ceremony' politely ask them to schedule you right away for the next one and request that they hand you the notice letter before you leave

3) If you have not missed the oath ceremony, simply ask them to print off another notice letter for you

Good luck!

Thanks so much for your fast response! It's 1 1/2 hrs drive but hell we are about to leave (fingers cross). Thanks again Darth V.!!

Timeline

Thanks so much for your fast response! It's 1 1/2 hrs drive but hell we are about to leave (fingers cross). Thanks again Darth V.!!

1) Don't thank me...yet

2) Obey the speed limit

3) Good luck!

DanTes

Is ur online status on oath or it still on testing & interview?

Testing and interview. Hope status will change this month. 60 days today since my wife passed her interview

NATURALIZATION

02/25/2014 - Eligibility date.

03/03/2014 - N-400 package mailed.

03/11/2014 - Check cashed.

03/14/2014 - NOA received.

04/09/2014 - Biometrics.

04/28/2014 - In-Line for Interview - 6 hours later Interview Scheduled!!

05/02/2014 - Interview Letter received. (Mailed on 29 April)

05/26/2014 - 3 year anniversary.

06/02/2014 - Interview. PASSED!

09/11/2014 - Oath Ceremony.

09/16/2014 - Updated driver licence and registered to vote.

10/08/2014 - Updated Social Security

10/14/2014 - Applied for U.S. Passport

10/27/2014 - U.S. Passport arrived in mail (13 days - DID NOT expedite)

10/30/2014 - Naturalization Certificate arrived in mail (was not folded)

MY IMMIGRATION JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED!!

• 1 month later...

I had my interview on July 3rd and received a status notification on August 20th that I have been placed in the queue for oath ceremony. It's been almost 45 days and I haven't received a date yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.