Ajay R

New K-1 Visa application. Possible change of address for the alien

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All

I understand that my question may have been answered in many discussions before. Nervousness has prompted us to get a second opinion as we are doing this by ourselves and not hiring the services of a lawyer.

My fiancee is a US citizen and we plan to file the I-129F petition next month. This is the package we have assembled and she will mail it to USCIS soon.

- G1145 E-Notification form

- $340 payment

- Cover letter describing the package.

- Form I-129F

- Explanation of how we met in person. 34-a of I-129F

- Letter of intent to marry from both (Originals)

- G-325A filled out by both and passport type photographs in a labelled bag.

- US Citizen's birth certificate

- Proof of relationship (Lots of photographs, chats and email records, International travel tickets and travel within India, hotel bookings, proof of me visiting her earlier this year and staying with her parents, bank transfers and reference letters). Is there anything else we could use?

Questions:

- We do not have phone bills or any record of calling each other. She moved back to the US in January and we have been using Skype. How important are phone records? I will check to see if I can get a Skype history printed.

- I recently moved to Australia and will have to change accommodation in a few months. What is the process to notify USCIS about the change of address? Is it better to wait or do I change it closer to NOA2?

We can use all the help we can get. Thanks to all in advance and good luck to current applicants.

Cheers

Ajay

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You should be able to file your k1 visa without the help of a lawyer or an agent. Don't waste your money. We used an agent to help us with ours but I now regret doing it as it turns out that you can find your answers here and also from other websites. And if you do more research, you'll find this whole process easy. We were scared too at first but after reading so many forums and going on the official US visa websites and even US embassy website in Australia, we were fine. Our agent helped us too but we didn't really rely on them that much we relied mainly from the information I've read.

Here's what I sent to the USCIS (in order).

• Payment in the amount of $340

• G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

• I-129F cover letter

• I-129F form

• I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 34.a, explanation of meeting in person

• G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)

• G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

• US Passport (OR birth certificate) (Petitioner)

• Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

• Proof of having met in person in the past two years (old photos of us, text messages, screen shots of FaceTime history, screen shots of phone call history, plane tickets, cards and about 3 pages of emails)

• Proof of ongoing relationship (All recent photos, text messages, screen shots of FaceTime history, screen shots of phone call history, plane tickets, cards, hotel bookings and receipts from activities)

Do NOT include bank transfers or any other financial support otherwise the embassy will think that your relationship is based on financial nature. You have enough proof so don't worry too much if you can't provide some phone records. You can include a Skype history even if it's half a page. That's what I did with mine for the phone/video call history.

You have to notify the USCIS about your new address after moving. It's on page 8 of the I-129f form. You can either visit http://www.uscis.gov/addresschange for change of address or call 18003755283.

I doubt you'll get an RFE (request for evidence) but if you, don't freak out it just means that you either forgot to include something or they need more proof from you.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can check your case status at USCIS here

From the USCIS website: If you move before you receive the NOA2 notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Edited by MagsBirdPie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.