51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Anyone else notice the delay at CSC?

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 13, 2014 and July 19, 2014*.

I am very pregnant, hormonal and incredibly impatient.

It's a bit frustrating and disheartening seeing other petitions approved that filed after we did. Although, I am very happy for them. (Selfish?)

Is this the cause for the delay?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/glitch-crashes-global-us-passport-visa-operations-24687832

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

This has nothing to do with the delay, also your timeline data is pure estimate based on people's previous approvals (or on what people reported as approvals).

No approval within month and a half you call a delay ?

Edited by kzielu

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

It could be part of the reason but most of the reason is that it just takes time. The timeline estimates on VJ are just estimates and are really hard to deal with when your processing time takes longer than their estimate. Mine went over by almost two weeks and every day I just kept thinking I did something wrong. I didn't, the estimate was just wrong and it SUCKED! The same is most likely true for you. You'll make it through this little hiccup (guaranteed) and (hopefully) be on your way in soon. Just hang in there!

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Timeline

This has nothing to do with the delay, also your timeline data is pure estimate based on people's previous approvals (or on what people reported as approvals).

No approval within month and a half you call a delay ?

Did I mention Impatient?

It could be part of the reason but most of the reason is that it just takes time. The timeline estimates on VJ are just estimates and are really hard to deal with when your processing time takes longer than their estimate. Mine went over by almost two weeks and every day I just kept thinking I did something wrong. I didn't, the estimate was just wrong and it SUCKED! The same is most likely true for you. You'll make it through this little hiccup (guaranteed) and (hopefully) be on your way in soon. Just hang in there!

It kind of sucks having that estimate as you cling to it, even thought it is just that, an estimate.

Thank you for your insight! I, too, have been thinking that I had done something wrong.

:clock:

Timeline

^^Yep!! How sad is our reality eh?!

I don't think a month and a half qualifies as a delay. Waiting 6 months or more is a delay. Yes, I know you are at CSC but still...one and a half months is not a delay!! Just thank your lucky stars you are at CSC!!

Remember that visajourney is just a small sample of the population who have applied for visas, and you can't use the timeline estimate as anything more than a rough guide. It really isn't all that accurate. Also, as you haven't been waiting long enough to ask for a service request, there is literally nothing you can do to find out if there is anything wrong or not with your case. You just have to wait really. No one on these forums will be able to answer your question cos the truth is nobody knows...but there are plenty of people who will be able to support you and listen if you want to let off steam.

The chances are you'll be fine and get your NOA2 any day now. Just remember each case is different and your time is coming a lot sooner than most people. Good luck!!

See that's where you're wrong...

No one is LUCKY to be at CSC. It's just a matter of where the petitioner lives. You're at TSC, I get it, you're butt hurt. You will have to wait for a lot longer than I will.

When November/December approaches and you're case isn't following norms, you'll be wondering why, too.

No one is LUCKY to be at CSC. It's just a matter of where the petitioner lives. You're at TSC, I get it, you're butt hurt. You will have to wait for a lot longer than I will.

When November/December approaches and you're case isn't following norms, you'll be wondering why, too.

Wow. Fishandchips was not rude to you in any way & yet your entire post is an assault on him/her.

For what it's worth, I'm also TSC & admittedly butt-hurt. You are fortunate you are at CSC, since you don't like the word luck.

Edit: Additionally, USCIS states processing times are 5 months, so you are not able to place a Service Request until it has been that long.

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Timeline

Wow. Fishandchips was not rude to you in any way & yet your entire post is an assault on him/her.

For what it's worth, I'm also TSC & admittedly butt-hurt. You are fortunate you are at CSC, since you don't like the word luck.

Assault? :wow:

Sorry, facts hurt.

Timeline

I haven't complained to you about how long my case is taking. Read what I wrote, I was saying there is NO delay in your case. And there isn't.

Not sure what response you were looking for, but I am sorry I wasted my time on you.

Timeline

I haven't complained to you about how long my case is taking. Read what I wrote, I was saying there is NO delay in your case. And there isn't.

Not sure what response you were looking for, but I am sorry I wasted my time on you.

You say waiting 6 months or more is a delay?

You WILL be waiting 6 months or more at TSC.

YOUR reality does suck, huh?

*facepalm*

Timeline

Wow, what is your problem? I was trying to help you.

How is pointing out that those at TSC have it worse?

How is that helpful?

Each center marches to their own drum and TSC is further delayed than CSC...

How is inserting the fact the you have to wait longer helpful or relevant to those being processed at CSC?

How is that helpful?

How is inserting the fact the you have to wait longer helpful or relevant to those being processed at CSC?

We've already addressed your concern. & that is that there is no delay in your case. I hope you have a great day!

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Timeline

How is that helpful?

Just trying to help you understand the process. Perhaps you can try reading my post back without some kind of tone you imagined in your head. I really don't think 1.5 months is a delay at CSC, and if you are worried, there is not much you can do about it anyway, and nobody's advice will help you cos they don't know either, and all you can do is wait. Still don't understand how that offended you so much. Attacking people who take their time to try to help you is not very nice to put it mildly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.