phnrprman

I-485 Status still under acceptance since 04-29-14

6 posts in this topic

Hello, my wife's I-485 Status is still under acceptance since 04-29-14. Has anyone else's status not changed since then? We have already done her biometrics in 05-30-14. We also have recently received her EAD/AP card on 07-14-14. I'm just wondering why the status of her application is still under acceptance. How much longer will it be until it goes to the next step of initial review?

For more info she entered on a k-1 visa and we were married on 04-04-14. We have also tried to change her name in SS office but she wasn't in the system yet. They said it will take a month to process the name change to her married name. We also recently tried to get her a state id for NJ on Monday but once again she was not in the system. I received a call yesterday to advise she can get her state id now she since was in the "INS system." I'm guessing even though you receive the EAD/AP card it is good to wait a few more days after before filing anything new.

Hello, my wife's I-485 Status is still under acceptance since 04-29-14. Has anyone else's status not changed since then? We have already done her biometrics in 05-30-14. We also have recently received her EAD/AP card on 07-14-14. I'm just wondering why the status of her application is still under acceptance. How much longer will it be until it goes to the next step of initial review?

For more info she entered on a k-1 visa and we were married on 04-04-14. We have also tried to change her name in SS office but she wasn't in the system yet. They said it will take a month to process the name change to her married name. We also recently tried to get her a state id for NJ on Monday but once again she was not in the system. I received a call yesterday to advise she can get her state id now she since was in the "INS system." I'm guessing even though you receive the EAD/AP card it is good to wait a few more days after before filing anything new.

Uscis.gov case updates are notoriously unreliable. Same here with Jenny8's case, my AOS status also stayed in Acceptance since NOA1 date and then just one day, it flew to Card Production. Unfortunately though, there is no definitive timeframe as to when any update can be expected to happen.

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You can join the April AOS filers thread. You'll find there are a lot of us just idly waiting for either interview or for the letter saying we're skipping interview and just getting the conditional two-year card. (Folks report it's roughly a 50/50 chance.)

I wouldn't worry about it. She's clearly in the system if she has her EAD/AP. Now it's just a waiting game - it can take up to a year to adjust status.

Thanks for the replies. I guess more waiting is needed. Now to help her get her license and find a job. I hope we will all get notifications soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.