20 posts in this topic

I have been in the USA for two months now and for 6 weeks I have found myself getting use to life and spending time with my new husband and children that and having an ear infection that would not go away, So apologises for not posting on a regular basis nor being here as a support for others.

Any way after my social security mix up, I find myself yet again with another dilemma and hoping that someone here may clarify things for me. So my husband and I contacted our lawyers this week ready to apply for adjustment of status. Apparently we have to use them as my husband unknowingly signed an agreement to also file AOS with them, but that is another story. Well I received an email from their secretary and she asked for the sealed envelope with my immunisation records!?!? Sealed record am I missing something? I thought the only sealed envelope that I was given was the one for border control?

I asked the secretary to be more specific and she told me that I had to go to a civil surgeon for my immunisation records. Is this correct? I have had all my immunisations including the influenza one and I am now being told that I have to go to a civil surgeon to verify this. When I received my immunisation records the nurse marked it incomplete and I asked her why, she said although my record was complete, it would never really be complete as the influenza jab was yearly. So now I am confused and I am so totally fed up of it before I even start the process.

Please help and advice.

Thanks in advance!

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have been in the USA for two months now and for 6 weeks I have found myself getting use to life and spending time with my new husband and children that and having an ear infection that would not go away, So apologises for not posting on a regular basis nor being here as a support for others.

Any way after my social security mix up, I find myself yet again with another dilemma and hoping that someone here may clarify things for me. So my husband and I contacted our lawyers this week ready to apply for adjustment of status. Apparently we have to use them as my husband unknowingly signed an agreement to also file AOS with them, but that is another story. Well I received an email from their secretary and she asked for the sealed envelope with my immunisation records!?!? Sealed record am I missing something? I thought the only sealed envelope that I was given was the one for border control?

I asked the secretary to be more specific and she told me that I had to go to a civil surgeon for my immunisation records. Is this correct? I have had all my immunisations including the influenza one and I am now being told that I have to go to a civil surgeon to verify this. When I received my immunisation records the nurse marked it incomplete and I asked her why, she said although my record was complete, it would never really be complete as the influenza jab was yearly. So now I am confused and I am so totally fed up of it before I even start the process.

Please help and advice.

Thanks in advance!

Okay - please be advised I may give advice that is not sound as I am new to the AOS procedures but I wanted to give some feedback while I am learning.

Firstly, it's odd that you are contractually obligated to still use the lawyer. The sealed envelope she is talking about is most likely the one that was handed over at POE. She should know that you don't have that.

Secondly, do you have a photocopy of your vaccinations from your medical back in the UK? If it was marked as incomplete, you will need to see a civil surgeon to administer the missing vacs and transcribe your vaccination record into form I-693 which you can give to the lawyers for the to submit with the AOS package.

If the DS-3025 was marked as complete and with a blanket waiver, a photocopy of this can be submitted with the AOS package instead of seeing the civil surgeon and getting the I-693.

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

The vaccines are optional under the K1 process, however if you had the vaccines they should have given you a copy of the vaccines you were given. When my cousin's husband came back in Feb as F2A, they give him and his son a copy of their vaccines. I think you may have to get them done again if you don't have proof, but I would check the instructions on the I 485 to make sure because it's possible that USCIS should have those records if you had them done as part of the K1 process. Also as for you being required to use the lawyers again I would have your spouse read whatever he signed to make sure, it's possible he signed some sort of retainer.

Sorry I forgot to mention that they are optional to get the K1, but required for the I 485.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Okay - please be advised I may give advice that is not sound as I am new to the AOS procedures but I wanted to give some feedback while I am learning.

Firstly, it's odd that you are contractually obligated to still use the lawyer. The sealed envelope she is talking about is most likely the one that was handed over at POE. She should know that you don't have that.

Secondly, do you have a photocopy of your vaccinations from your medical back in the UK? If it was marked as incomplete, you will need to see a civil surgeon to administer the missing vacs and transcribe your vaccination record into form I-693 which you can give to the lawyers for the to submit with the AOS package.

If the DS-3025 was marked as complete and with a blanket waiver, a photocopy of this can be submitted with the AOS package instead of seeing the civil surgeon and getting the I-693.

Thanks for you quick reply it is appreciated. The thing here is that the record is incomplete and apparently every single form from London is incomplete and apparently will never be marked as complete according to the nurse and the reason for this, so she told me is that the influenza jab is yearly, so it will never be up to date. So my immuisations are all up to date, i have no more to have, but she still marked it incomplete. I emailed a friend on here who also was at the London Medical and he said he just sent in his copy that the nurse gave him and had no problems with it and he did not see a civil surgeon.

Timeline

Thanks for you quick reply it is appreciated. The thing here is that the record is incomplete and apparently every single form from London is incomplete and apparently will never be marked as complete according to the nurse and the reason for this, so she told me is that the influenza jab is yearly, so it will never be up to date. So my immuisations are all up to date, i have no more to have, but she still marked it incomplete. I emailed a friend on here who also was at the London Medical and he said he just sent in his copy that the nurse gave him and had no problems with it and he did not see a civil surgeon.

So you do have a copy of DS-3025?

If it were me, and it will be shortly! I would find a civil surgeon to transcribe your vac records on DS-3025 into form I-693 even if your vaccinations are complete.

The reason for this is because your doctor ticked the incomplete box, although she should have ticked complete and blanket waiver because you did in fact receive all the vaccinations.

The vaccines are optional under the K1 process, however if you had the vaccines they should have given you a copy of the vaccines you were given. When my cousin's husband came back in Feb as F2A, they give him and his son a copy of their vaccines. I think you may have to get them done again if you don't have proof, but I would check the instructions on the I 485 to make sure because it's possible that USCIS should have those records if you had them done as part of the K1 process. Also as for you being required to use the lawyers again I would have your spouse read whatever he signed to make sure, it's possible he signed some sort of retainer.

Sorry I forgot to mention that they are optional to get the K1, but required for the I 485.

I do have the immunisation records that the nurse gave me in London. Apparently though she marks everyone incomplete due to the fact that the influenza jab is yearly, so the record is never complete. So paying for a Civil Surgeon for something that has already been paid for, is infuriating, not only that being with lawyers that are asking for a sealed envelope and lawyers we cant get away from makes me sick to the stomach. The other day they emailed me, but missed an s out of my email address, so all our personal information was sent to a stranger. Not the first time they have messed up or given us misinformation.

Timeline

I do have the immunisation records that the nurse gave me in London. Apparently though she marks everyone incomplete due to the fact that the influenza jab is yearly, so the record is never complete. So paying for a Civil Surgeon for something that has already been paid for, is infuriating, not only that being with lawyers that are asking for a sealed envelope and lawyers we cant get away from makes me sick to the stomach. The other day they emailed me, but missed an s out of my email address, so all our personal information was sent to a stranger. Not the first time they have messed up or given us misinformation.

I know it's annoying having to see a civil surgeon, it costs $25-$50 to get it transcribed. It's just a safety net but not a guarantee. If you want to go ahead and submit a photocopy of your DS-3025 along with a cover letter saying your vaccination and medical records were handed over in a sealed envelope at POE, that's something you can do too.

I would talk to your husband about this lawyer business, sounds dodgy.

That really is frustrating. I'm not sure what you can do at this point. I personally would submit them as is, if I know I had them done, but that's just me. Since you had this done in London, you can't really go back and claim the nurse. You can just get the vaccines done again in one of those free clinics and tell them to give you the records or one of those places that do it for cheap like pharmacies. That's what we were going to before our K1 process was denied, we were just going to have the vaccines done here. Good luck!

This is a safer route because they SHOULD have her vaccination records there already and they shouldn't hassle her if she had them done already as part of the K1 process.

I know it's annoying having to see a civil surgeon, it costs $25-$50 to get it transcribed. It's just a safety net but not a guarantee. If you want to go ahead and submit a photocopy of your DS-3025 along with a cover letter saying your vaccination and medical records were handed over in a sealed envelope at POE, that's something you can do too.

I would talk to your husband about this lawyer business, sounds dodgy.

That really is frustrating. I'm not sure what you can do at this point. I personally would submit them as is, if I know I had them done, but that's just me. Since you had this done in London, you can't really go back and claim the nurse. You can just get the vaccines done again in one of those free clinics and tell them to give you the records or one of those places that do it for cheap like pharmacies. That's what we were going to before our K1 process was denied, we were just going to have the vaccines done here. Good luck!

Dont get me wrong, she gave me an influenza jab and put down she had, but she then marked the sheet incomplete and I asked why did you do that, when its complete? She said I do it with each one, as in a years time your influenza jab will be due again. Well I only had it done in January and its not winter yet, so she has just caused one big headache needlessly!

sorry just saw the denied bit, how come? i looked at your time line and it says you were approved, did you go down a different route? Forgive me if I am asking to many questions. I am just curious.

Yes we were denied the K1 because I wasn't able to attend the interview. They accused my spouse of misrepresenation, I was furious! We got married then filed I 130, we had no problems whatsover with that one which we should have done from the beginning. Now another year before we file ROC.

sorry just saw the denied bit, how come? i looked at your time line and it says you were approved, did you go down a different route? Forgive me if I am asking to many questions. I am just curious.

Yes we were denied the K1 because I wasn't able to attend the interview. They accused my spouse of misrepresenation, I was furious! We got married then filed I 130, we had no problems whatsover with that one which we should have done from the beginning. Now another year before we file ROC.

Sorry to hear that, they don't make it easy for us. I have had 2 months of trying to apply for a social security number which I should have got straight away. They told me that K! visa holders were entitled to one, I said I beg to differ and when they realised I was they put it through the computer and told me that they needed more information, any way 7 weeks later or so they rang me saying they had the information all along and all I wanted the social security number for was to apply for a driving licence here, as I have 60 days to do so and be able to open a bank account with out it being at my former address in England. Now this and this is before I have even sent the forms out for AOS. My husband has gone to bed as he has work in the morning and I am left here to find out the answer to the vaccination question, because the lawyers that we hired for our K1 visa and no longer wish to have are incompetent, but it seems we can't get rid of them, even though they send our information to random people over the net!

OK, moan over! Lol!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You do not need a civil surgeon just because the DS-3025 is marked incomplete. Most are marked incomplete because you are not given all the vaccinations as most are not age appropriate, or you only had to get one in a series. Please read this post by Nich-Nick. It has the correct information in it you need > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

l I received an email from their secretary and she asked for the sealed envelope with my immunisation records!?!? Sealed record am I missing something? I thought the only sealed envelope that I was given was the one for border control?

Please help and advice.

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like your lawyer has a checklist for all clients and does not know that K1s do not need another medical exam and that if they have a properly completed DS-3025, they do not need their vaccinations copied to a new form. I am sure your form from Knightsbridge says Incomplete as well as May be eligible for a blanket waiver. That is how almost all are marked. The nurse there gives a lame explanation of why it is marked that way.

Do I need a medical exam?

What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

1. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition, or if you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver.

2. Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form I-693.

above is from the I-693 instructions page 5.

Do you need an I-693 immunization sheet? Is my DS-3025 filled out properly?

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

--MMR (two are required but if you have the column "insufficient time interval" checked, then you get a waiver)

--Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One dated no longer than 10 years ago, or have a booster)

--Varicella or VH written by it if you had chickenpox

--Influenza (during flu season)** see note below because you are most likely okay without it.

2. Everything else marked not age appropriate, insufficient time interval, not flu season...things that allow a waiver.

3. RESULTS section filled in with "incomplete" and "may be eligible for blanket waiver" ticked or "complete" (but complete is rare).

4. Signed and dated by the doctor

If it's not completed EXACTLY like that then see a civil surgeon for the I-693. If it is complete, send a photocopy of your DS-3025. Almost isn't good enough. It needs to be filled out properly.

The USCIS is supposed to have your K1 medical files, but sometimes lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS. Do not get another exam unless you get an RFE that says they do not have results of your medical. It means they lost them, but you are probably stuck with paying for a new exam. Those kinds of RFE's are not about the immunizations or the form I-693; they are because USCIS failed to match up your other medical exam results with your AOS application.

**Note on flu shot: Flu shots are required for adults of all ages (changed Nov 2010) if your visa exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the AOS adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused. And the reverse is true. The adjudicator picks up your case during flu season, but sees it was NOT flu season when you had your medical exam, you are also excused because the date they go by is the date of your exam to determine if you were current on that date. Keep in mind that if you go to a civil surgeon for an I-693, then you are resetting the medical exam date for immunizations and you may have to get second doses of shots or a flu shot to become current on your new immunization date of record.

What if I only had one dose of MMR and it's marked "insufficient time interval"? Do I need to another dose and must I see a civil surgeon before AOS?

NO you do not need to see a civil surgeon unless USCIS loses the whole medical file you turned in at POE. If you were up to date the day that DS-3025 was signed, then you're okay without getting 2nd or 3rd doses. You can get them for your health, or you can not get them ever. It was not medically appropriate for you to get dose 2 on top of dose 1. There's a time interval for doses. So you get a waiver for "insufficient time interval" if that is marked on your DS-3025.

If you are one of the unlucky ones with a lost medical, then you will have to get a full medical again. By then, enough time would have passed for dose 2 so expect the CS to say you need it. Hopefully it won't come to that.

If you just chose not to get a second dose that was due (because it was more than 4 weeks since dose 1) then you wouldn't have that "insufficient time interval" waiver marked on your DS-3025. It was medically fine to have the second dose and you didn't. You aren't complete and have no waiver excuse.

What if I don't have a DS-3025?

If you are positive that you got the needed shots, then actually mailing in a DS-3025 photocopy is not necessary. The original form is with your other medical results and was turned over to USCIS at POE. That's actually the one that counts because it remained in the "chain of custody" so you didn't have an opportunity to alter it. The photocopy isn't really an official copy and is more for a reminder that you got complete at your visa exam. Of course without having a copy, you don't have the opportunity to see if the rest of the form was completed correctly.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.