Thailand_Chip

Post CR1 / IR1 Interview Document requirements

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Direct from the form my wife was handed after her interview.

1. Petitioner, your applicant does not qualify at present as you have living outside the US since at least October 2010. Please see attached explanation. You need to submit a detailed, month by month 6 mos. plan for your planned return to the US, along with evidence such as rental agreements, job search/offer letters, etc.

2. Joint Sponsor spouse: please submit I864A and a copy of your US passport or birth certificate.

Has anyone had this type of request? I am at a lose for what else to include with the items below to fulfill the detailed 6 month plan. Hoping for some suggestions and even wondering if anyone has been requested to do this? Thanks kindly

establishing residency in a state and

following up my wife's Social Security Card and Green card

securing a wedding license and following through with the marriage.

continuing to seek employment.

Might have better luck posting your question in the IR1/CR1 forums: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/110-ir-1-cr-1-spouse-visa-process-procedures/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to IR-1/CR-1 Process - topic is spousal visa process, not K-1 | Duplicate topic removed~

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Direct from the form my wife was handed after her interview.

1. Petitioner, your applicant does not qualify at present as you have living outside the US since at least October 2010. Please see attached explanation. You need to submit a detailed, month by month 6 mos. plan for your planned return to the US, along with evidence such as rental agreements, job search/offer letters, etc.

2. Joint Sponsor spouse: please submit I864A and a copy of your US passport or birth certificate.

Has anyone had this type of request? I am at a lose for what else to include with the items below to fulfill the detailed 6 month plan. Hoping for some suggestions and even wondering if anyone has been requested to do this? Thanks kindly

establishing residency in a state and

following up my wife's Social Security Card and Green card

securing a wedding license and following through with the marriage.

continuing to seek employment.

Looks like you got 221g.

1. Sounds like you're not currently living in the U.S. and haven't lived in the U.S. for roughly 4 years. They're (rightly so) wondering what's the point of issuing a visa to a spouse of a U.S. citizen who doesn't live in the U.S. They're asking for evidence that you plan on moving back to the U.S. within 6 months. Do you have any job offers in the U.S. or does your current job plan on moving you back to the U.S.? If so, give them evidence of that.

2. Give them what they want.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.