rrsanford

Petition (I-130) for a Minor Child

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Can you submit the I-130 for an unmarried minor child along with my spouses I-130 and supporting documentation.

I realize that I will need to submit a photograph without a G325a for the minor child

I know that I will need to submit an additional payment ($420.00) for the Minor Child. Can I just write a $840.00 check?

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

06/21/2014: Married in Kiev, Ukraine

07/30/2014: I-130 Sent

08/06/2014: NOA1 Received (Email)

9/22/2014: NOA 2 Received (Email)

You can always submit multiple I 130's because that way they would be called in together for the interview. I always send in separate checks for each petition, just in case. You also have to include all the documentation required for each because even though you are sending them together, they will treated as separate cases. Also I assume you are the stepparent and if so did your marriage occur before the child turned 18?

This does not constitute legal advice.

Timeline

The child is 5 years old so no issue there.

When you say all required documentation, do you mean submitting everything twice? or just The I-130, Photograph, and the money? I have read many times that the minor child does not require a G325A when associated with a spouse/parent.

This is the list of docs I am sending in and is part of the cover letter.

Completed G-1145 (Richard Sanford, petitioner)

Completed G-1145 (Anastasiia Shumeiko, beneficiary)

Completed and signed form I-130 for beneficiary

Completed and signed form I-130 for beneficiary’s minor child, Alisa Shumeiko

A personal check for I-130 filing fee

A. $840.00 - $420 for beneficiary and $420 for beneficiary’s minor child

Completed and signed form G-325A and photograph (Richard Sanford, petitioner)

Completed and signed form G-325A and photograph (Anastasiia Shumeiko, beneficiary)

Photograph of beneficiary’s minor child

Copy of petitioner’s birth certificate

Copy of marriage certificate

A. Copy of original in Ukrainian

B. Copy of Certified Translated to English

Copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate and passport

A. Copy of Birth Certificate in Russian and certified translated in English

B. Copy of English Passport

Copy of the petitioner’s proof of termination of previous marriages

Copy of the beneficiary’s proof of termination of previous marriages

A. Copy of original divorce document in Ukrainian

B. Copy of certified translated divorce document in English

Proof of a bona fide relationship

A. Wedding Pictures taken in the Ukraine.

B. Affidavit from a friend who has specific knowledge about the relationship

C. Affidavit from petitioner’s father who also knows about the authenticity of the relationship.

D. 12000+ Viber messages between the petitioner and beneficiary from over a month before the wedding to July 21st, 2014

Timeline

Oh...One thing I need to add to the cover letter is a copy of the minor Child's birth certificate (Ukrainian and Translated)

Everything looks good. The G 1145 you only need them for yourself as the petitioner. So it would be one on top of your wife's petition and the other on top of your stepchild's petition. Also you would need an extra copy of everything minus the bona fides for the stepchild petition( marriage cert, divorce cert, your birth cert etc). The reason being is that since they are two separate petitions they would require separate documents. The same goes for when your case is at the NVC. It's possible that you may not need the originals and just copies when it's at the NVC, but I'm unsure about that, most likely you will. So to sum up yes everything is twice minus the G325A and the bona fides because those would be just for your wife.

Oh...One thing I need to add to the cover letter is a copy of the minor Child's birth certificate (Ukrainian and Translated)

This does not constitute legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.