Phil&Siriwan

Roman or Thai alphabet

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello. I am new here and have a few questions. I have used search function and cant find what I need. I am starting on my I-129F package and have questions about Roman alphabet and native language on forms.

I have her address written in Thai, but cant translate it to English letters. I have ran it thru a few translators online. On one it gives the street name as a car and the city is wrong. The other gives the street name as something about an ice cream truck, but has the right city. What would be the best way to get this worded in English? I will have the same problem on I-129F form, so I need a correct translation.

On the address for Letter of Intent under her name on the header.Do I put address in Roman letters or her native alphabet? I am assuming that everything but I-129F where it asks specifically for native language, that they want Roman letters used?

This is a little off the wall, but I am not sure how this works. Life would be a lot easier if she knew English better and I knew Thai. I am really confused.

When the embassy sends packets later in process or I want to send package, do we use Roman letters or Thai alphabet to send? Do postal people in Thailand know what house to deliver to if its written in English letters? What is the best way to send packages/letters between USA and Thailand? USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL?

Maybe I am making more out of this than I need to.

When we talk on Viber, Tango, etc, we communicate in Thai. Will I need to have these chat logs translated back to English before I send them with package? Some of this stuff is so confusing and has too much grey area.

Thanks, Phil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello. I am new here and have a few questions. I have used search function and cant find what I need. I am starting on my I-129F package and have questions about Roman alphabet and native language on forms.

I have her address written in Thai, but cant translate it to English letters. I have ran it thru a few translators online. On one it gives the street name as a car and the city is wrong. The other gives the street name as something about an ice cream truck, but has the right city. What would be the best way to get this worded in English? I will have the same problem on I-129F form, so I need a correct translation.

On the address for Letter of Intent under her name on the header.Do I put address in Roman letters or her native alphabet? I am assuming that everything but I-129F where it asks specifically for native language, that they want Roman letters used?

This is a little off the wall, but I am not sure how this works. Life would be a lot easier if she knew English better and I knew Thai. I am really confused.

When the embassy sends packets later in process or I want to send package, do we use Roman letters or Thai alphabet to send? Do postal people in Thailand know what house to deliver to if its written in English letters? What is the best way to send packages/letters between USA and Thailand? USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL?

When we talk on Viber, Tango, etc, we communicate in Thai. Will I need to have these chat logs translated back to English before I send them with package? Some of this stuff is so confusing and has too much grey area.

Thanks, Phil

Post her address here in Thai, or if you don't feel comfortable with that, send it to me via PM. I'll get it back to you in English.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks, Phil

Now that the address thing is resolved, let me answer some of your other stuff.

On the I-129F it has a space for the English address, and for the foreign language address. Just squeeze it as best as you can. If you can't do that, attach a piece of paper with the address in Thai. When they say native language they mean Thai in your case.

It's perfectly fine to mail/fedex/UPS things within/to Thailand with the English address. I do it all the time. Use the address I sent you via PM. It'll get there no problem.

They don't care much for chat logs as proof of relationship at the U.S. embassy in Bangkok. They like pictures, pictures, pictures!!! Of course you'll need to add a few other things. Plane ticket receipt proving you met within the last two years etc.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.