noway123456

Adjustment of Status Packet Review/Checklist

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So my fiance officially became my husband two days ago!!

We have been working on our AOS packet all day, but we are still a little worried that we might be missing some vital documents. We also have a few questions, if someone could please answer them that would be much appreciated.

I will start with the list of everything I have compiled into the packet, and I will list them all in the order that they will be in the packet. If I am missing ANYTHING or if the order of the documents are out of line, PLEASE let me know.

1. Money order- HOW MUCH IS IT EXACTLY. WITH BIOMETRICS, GREEN CARD, EAD, AP
  2. Cover Sheet- Non-USC Contact information, "Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application," Table of Contents, signed and dated. DOES THE USC(ME) HAVE TO ADD MY CONTACT INFORMATION TOO?
  3. G-1145
  4. Form I-485
  5. Copy of non-USC passport- Bio page and entry stamp DO WE NEED A COPY OF THE USC PASSPORT?
  6. Copy of non-USC K-1 Visa
  7. Copy of NOA-2 for I-129F
  8. Electronic I-94 Copy print out
  9. Copy of non-USC Birth Certificate- Native Language copy AND English Translation DO WE NEED A COPY OF THE USC BIRTH CERTIFICATE?
  10. Certified copy of our marriage certificate!!
  11. g-352A for Non-USC DO WE NEED ONE FOR THE USC?
  12. 2 passport pictures with A# on the back in a clear baggie with Non-USC name written on it- On other posts I read that they have submitted SIX passport pictures (2 for I-485, 2 FOR I-131, 2 FOR I-765) SHOULD I DO THIS AS WELL??
  13. Form DS-3025- We didn't file the I-693 because according to very well recieved thread, our DS-3025 met all the vaccine requirements, signatures, dates, etc.
  14. I-864 #1: for the PETITIONER - As of now I am unemployed, but from what I read I, the USC, still must fill out the I-864.
    1. Tax Return for 2013, 2012, 2011
      1. with the W2s
    2. Bank statement for 6 months
    3. I cannot provide a Letter of employment or current pay stubs as I am unemployed, is this okay?
    4. Copy of Drivers License, and passport
  15. I-864 #2: for the JOINT SPONSOR- His sister-in-law is our co-sponsor and does not live with us. Her income for 2013 was $38,902. Her household includes her and her husband, and one elderly dependent: TOTAL of 3. She is eligible to be a joint sponsor correct? Just to clarify, THE JOINT SPONSOR MUST FILL OUT 1-864 AND NOT I-864A
    1. Tax return for 2013, 2012, 2011
      1. with W2s
    2. Bank statements for 6 months
    3. Pay stubs for 6 months
    4. Copy of Drivers License and passport
    5. IS THIS ALL OF THE REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENTS FOR THE I-864??
  16. Form I-765- Do I attach two passport pictures to this form separately from the 2 pictures submitted with the I-485??
  17. Form I-131- Do I attach two passport pictures to this form separately from the 2 pictures submitted with the I-485 and the 2 pictures submitted with the I-765??

So that is my list, including my questions! Sorry I know I just said a few questions but I have a couple of more.

Questions:

1. Just to clarify, I can send in all of these forms (495, 765, 864, 131) all in one envelope to the Chicago address?
    1. Also what is the Chicago Lockbox address?
  2. Should I add the required documents for each Form separately? For example: Form I-765 states "you must submit a government issued identity document" (passport, visa, etc.) I have already included copies of the passport, birth certificates etc with the packet but should I still add them again with each form?
  3. Just to clarify, since all forms are being filed together I do not have to pay separately for the 131 and 765?
  4. I keep reading that my forms must have this 2-D BARCODE on them, but none of mine have them, why is that?

Thanks for all of your help in advance! I know I asked a million questions!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So my fiance officially became my husband two days ago!!

We have been working on our AOS packet all day, but we are still a little worried that we might be missing some vital documents. We also have a few questions, if someone could please answer them that would be much appreciated.

I will start with the list of everything I have compiled into the packet, and I will list them all in the order that they will be in the packet. If I am missing ANYTHING or if the order of the documents are out of line, PLEASE let me know.

1. Money order- HOW MUCH IS IT EXACTLY. WITH BIOMETRICS, GREEN CARD, EAD, AP http://www.uscis.gov/i-485
  2. Cover Sheet- Non-USC Contact information, "Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application," Table of Contents, signed and dated. DOES THE USC(ME) HAVE TO ADD MY CONTACT INFORMATION TOO? Keep in mind who is adjusting status.
  3. G-1145
  4. Form I-485
  5. Copy of non-USC passport- Bio page and entry stamp DO WE NEED A COPY OF THE USC PASSPORT? YOU CAN, FOLLOW THE VJ AOS GUIDE.
  6. Copy of non-USC K-1 Visa
  7. Copy of NOA-2 for I-129F
  8. Electronic I-94 Copy print out
  9. Copy of non-USC Birth Certificate- Native Language copy AND English Translation DO WE NEED A COPY OF THE USC BIRTH CERTIFICATE? YOU CAN, FOLLOW THE VJ AOS GUIDE
  10. Certified copy of our marriage certificate!!
  11. g-352A for Non-USC DO WE NEED ONE FOR THE USC? NOT NECESSARY, BUT MAY BE REQUESTED
  12. 2 passport pictures with A# on the back in a clear baggie with Non-USC name written on it- On other posts I read that they have submitted SIX passport pictures (2 for I-485, 2 FOR I-131, 2 FOR I-765) SHOULD I DO THIS AS WELL?? YOU CAN, FOLLOW THE VJ AOS GUIDE
  13. Form DS-3025- We didn't file the I-693 because according to very well recieved thread, our DS-3025 met all the vaccine requirements, signatures, dates, etc.
  14. I-864 #1: for the PETITIONER - As of now I am unemployed, but from what I read I, the USC, still must fill out the I-864. LIKELY, FOLLOW THE VJ AOS GUIDE
    1. Tax Return for 2013, 2012, 2011
      1. with the W2s
    2. Bank statement for 6 months
    3. I cannot provide a Letter of employment or current pay stubs as I am unemployed, is this okay?
    4. Copy of Drivers License, and passport
  15. I-864 #2: for the JOINT SPONSOR- His sister-in-law is our co-sponsor and does not live with us. Her income for 2013 was $38,902. Her household includes her and her husband, and one elderly dependent: TOTAL of 3. She is eligible to be a joint sponsor correct? Just to clarify, THE JOINT SPONSOR MUST FILL OUT 1-864 AND NOT I-864A
    1. Tax return for 2013, 2012, 2011
      1. with W2s
    2. Bank statements for 6 months
    3. Pay stubs for 6 months
    4. Copy of Drivers License and passport
    5. IS THIS ALL OF THE REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENTS FOR THE I-864?? FOLLOW THE I-864 INSTRUCTIONS.
  16. Form I-765- Do I attach two passport pictures to this form separately from the 2 pictures submitted with the I-485??FOLLOW THE VJ AOS GUIDE, CHECK RECENT FORUM THREADS.
  17. Form I-131- Do I attach two passport pictures to this form separately from the 2 pictures submitted with the I-485 and the 2 pictures submitted with the I-765?? FOLLOW THE VJ AOS GUIDE, CHECK RECENT FORUM THREADS.

So that is my list, including my questions! Sorry I know I just said a few questions but I have a couple of more.

Questions:

1. Just to clarify, I can send in all of these forms (495, 765, 864, 131) all in one envelope to the Chicago address? YES. DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER METHOD IN MIND?
    1. Also what is the Chicago Lockbox address?http://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses
  2. Should I add the required documents for each Form separately? For example: Form I-765 states "you must submit a government issued identity document" (passport, visa, etc.) I have already included copies of the passport, birth certificates etc with the packet but should I still add them again with each form?
  3. Just to clarify, since all forms are being filed together I do not have to pay separately for the 131 and 765?http://www.uscis.gov/i-485
  4. I keep reading that my forms must have this 2-D BARCODE on them, but none of mine have them, why is that? ARE YOU USING CURRENT FORMS DOWNLOADED FROM USCIS?

Thanks for all of your help in advance! I know I asked a million questions!

Many of your inquiries are frequently asked and the appropriate answers are either in the VJ K-1/K-3 Guide or in recent forum threads. You would do well to read those guides and threads. This is a DIY site, many folks read and follow instructions or learn from other folks postings.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Many of your inquiries are frequently asked and the appropriate answers are either in the VJ K-1/K-3 Guide or in recent forum threads. You would do well to read those guides and threads. This is a DIY site, many folks read and follow instructions or learn from other folks postings.

Thank you for trying to help. I have been doing much research on this site and it is beyond helpful. Unfortunately, the questions I asked did not have clear answers on other forms. You kep noting "follow the VJ AOS Guide" but I would like to inform you that I have been following it exactly, just had these extra questions.

and yes I was using current forms, but after more research I realized it was because I was using Chrome and not Internet Explorer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.