JayCS

Delay Confirming Receipt of I-485

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi All,

My fiancée came over on a K-1 and we were married within the three months time limit. I submitted her AOS package (I-485 w/ all associated forms, payment, etc) on July 3. Postal service confirms that the package was delivered to the Chicago USCIS lockbox on July 7. It's now the 16th and I haven't received an email confirmation that USCIS has the package (they also haven't cashed my check). Is there any way I can make an inquiry with them (ask them to look around their stack of unopened mail) before I have to contemplate putting together a whole new package (I do have photocopies of everything I sent, but can't imagine that sending in now a set of photocopies would do any good if they've misplaced the originals). Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

Jay

It can take like 2 weeks for them to send you confirmation whether by email or snail mail. You usually get email confirmation about a week before it comes in the mail, but that's not always the case. If it shows up as delivered, that's good news, but give it about another week and then call if they don't send you anything by email or mail.

By the way, you said you sent in originals, not good. If they don't specifically ask for originals, don't send them, use copies. I know that some stuff can be replaced easily like the transcripts, and the affidavit of support. But stuff like birth certificates, they usually only want the copies.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Hi All,

My fiancée came over on a K-1 and we were married within the three months time limit. I submitted her AOS package (I-485 w/ all associated forms, payment, etc) on July 3. Postal service confirms that the package was delivered to the Chicago USCIS lockbox on July 7. It's now the 16th and I haven't received an email confirmation that USCIS has the package (they also haven't cashed my check). Is there any way I can make an inquiry with them (ask them to look around their stack of unopened mail) before I have to contemplate putting together a whole new package (I do have photocopies of everything I sent, but can't imagine that sending in now a set of photocopies would do any good if they've misplaced the originals). Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

Jay

There is a member similar to your case. After 3 weeks finally she got confirmation that USCIS received the package. She sent with USPS but no tracking number. Wait until next week before you make a call. Good luck!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Hi All,

Thanks,

Jay

It can take up to 30 days for uscis to send notification. Most folks though get notified between 2-3 weeks after mailing it out. You can probably join your fellow July 2014 AOS filers to check out how theirs are faring: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/503719-july-2014-aos-filers/

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi All,

Thanks,

Jay

We are in the exact same postition, sent our AOS package in the 2nd July, got a receipt from postal service that it was received but have heard nothing from USCIS.

Hope we hear soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks all for the quick replies, guess I'll just hang on a bit longer and trust the system. :-) Oh, and 'ianhalliwell86', good catch but not to worry - I was typing quick and didn't think about it but all docs were copies, it was just the USCIS forms which were originals.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

I'm in the same situation. I did call them and the tier 1 guy seemed to think it was strange that I hadn't heard anything so passed me to a tier 2, however the very bored sounding tier 2 woman just reeled off the 30 day waiting time. Really frustrating when others who sent their packets last month with me are getting biometrics etc and I haven't even had the text/email to confirm receipt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based main forum to Case Filing and Progress Reports sub-forum - topic is filing/case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.