Karee

Is my future Thai Bride a Bar Girl?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Rent, not buy, that should be a stickie.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Nice one. Do you get this a lot here or on thaivisa?

Edit: Sorry I mean do you get the question asked a lot here or on thaivisa?

Edited by Andy and Pui

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Both. Mostly here. Thai Visa is filled with a bunch of angry farangs. Maybe my original post has something to do with their perpetual unhappiness.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Edit: Sorry I mean do you get the question asked a lot here or on thaivisa?

I've seen some real horror stories since I've been coming here in 2007. Most of them via PM. Aaron told me a story that tops them all though. Not concerning him or his wife, but a couple he knew in Vegas. Maybe he'll share it some day.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I figured I'd compile a list of warning signs since these questions get asked a lot.

1. Did you bar fine her in Pattaya the first time you met her? The question is the answer on that one.

2. Does she work in Pattaya, but she's from Isaan?

3. Does she work at a girly bar, but only claims to be a hostess?

4. If you did meet her in a bar, does she claim that she she has only been in that line of work for a short period of time? Or that she is only in that line of work so she can send money back home?

5. Is she asking for money for things like family emergencies, English school, or flat out saying I wont work in the bar if you send her enough money? (she'll keep the money and continue working in the bar)

6. When you call her, does her phone go straight to a recording between 8 pm and 4 am Thai time. This is a HUGE one. It could mean she has multiple SIM cards and doesn't want to take calls from you while she's with her Thai boyfriend or she's with a customer. Also, some of the mama sans have rules about them using their phones while working. In Thailand if a phone is powered down, it will not ring at all like it will in the U.S.

7. Does she disappear for days at a time, where you can't get a hold of her, and then comes up with some story about her phone being broken, and then asks you for money for another phone.

8. Wants you to build a house for her parents back on the farm as part of the agreement to marry you

9. Wants you to buy her a car. (Why would you buy her a car if she's planning on moving to the U.S.?)

This is by no means a complete list, but hopefully some will learn from it. I lived in Thailand for 3 years and met my first girlfriend in the bar. I learned most of these things the hard way. It actually took me getting hauled down to the police station with a minor knife wound and threatened with imprisonment if I didn't sign a confession in Thai, before I finally woke up and saw the reality. The good news was that I didn't bring her to the U.S. on a visa.

I know most will be blinded by the hot Asian girl that says they love the farang. I was. There's no shame in that. If you meet one of these girls in the bar, rent, don't buy. It will save you a lot of money and pain in the future.

Keep an eye out for the red flags I've posted above. Especially #6.

Also, do some reading on Stickman.

:rofl:

Actually, I just looked at Stickman, and a lot of the things I posted above are there in this link:

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanBangkokWeeklyColumn2011/Thai-Bargirls-Red-Flags.htm

I hadn't seen this Stickman info before but it is very real from what I know. Two girls from my village are doing many of these same things. Their mothers are friends and are so ashamed of them its had to watch what happens in the village when they come back.

One of the worked the Pattaya scene for a few years until she had to come back to get help with the STDs. After she recovered she went straight back because its all she thinks she can do other than have a real job.

Another girl has had many men in at least two locations everyone knows about. She was working a Russian guy for every dime until she had the idea to get pregnant by him so he would feel obligated to pay for the child. Lucky for him he figured it out and left. Very quickly she had another German while living with her Thai B friend who serves as an adviser. They have been working him for over a year now. She works in bars while staying with her Thai then goes to meet the other guy when he arrives in BKK thinking she is waiting on him. She has two kids that these men are not aware of because as is usual they are left with her mother. The Thai men will do these things because they don't have to work and don't care what has to be done by the female.

Karee what happened to you was terrible and I am very happy to know you were not hurt worse in any way. In Phuket for example there have been farangs killed by these people and I am sure in other places too. The confession bit is just so Thai. I am so ashamed of Thais that do these things because of the reputation earned will never be lived down. Its so hard to tell who is telling the truth unless you really know whats going on and what these people will do for money.

The problem is no one wants to believe this will happen to them. My husband never had a relationship with anyone other than me but he did buy a water buffalo that didn't exist. He wasn't fooled by a women. He thought he was helping a guy he met stay out of jail for stealing a buffalo. When he stopped to listen to me he was so mad he took me to the place where the buffalo was supposed to be insisting I was wrong. There was no buffalo and the police just smiled at his story.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HI9WOLL0-c

Little Britain featuring Tingtong, such a commonly know scenario it became a joke, many years ago.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

11. Can she drink you under the table?

12. Can she kick your ### at pool?

These are bad omens - in general - but also for the topic at hand!

:thumbs: I was going to add tattoos and cigarette smoking, but seems everyone has tattoos these days.

Timeline

I figured I'd compile a list of warning signs since these questions get asked a lot.

1. Did you bar fine her in Pattaya the first time you met her? The question is the answer on that one.

2. Does she work in Pattaya, but she's from Isaan?

3. Does she work at a girly bar, but only claims to be a hostess?

4. If you did meet her in a bar, does she claim that she she has only been in that line of work for a short period of time? Or that she is only in that line of work so she can send money back home?

5. Is she asking for money for things like family emergencies, English school, or flat out saying I wont work in the bar if you send her enough money? (she'll keep the money and continue working in the bar)

6. When you call her, does her phone go straight to a recording between 8 pm and 4 am Thai time. This is a HUGE one. It could mean she has multiple SIM cards and doesn't want to take calls from you while she's with her Thai boyfriend or she's with a customer. Also, some of the mama sans have rules about them using their phones while working. In Thailand if a phone is powered down, it will not ring at all like it will in the U.S.

7. Does she disappear for days at a time, where you can't get a hold of her, and then comes up with some story about her phone being broken, and then asks you for money for another phone.

8. Wants you to build a house for her parents back on the farm as part of the agreement to marry you

9. Wants you to buy her a car. (Why would you buy her a car if she's planning on moving to the U.S.?)

This is by no means a complete list, but hopefully some will learn from it. I lived in Thailand for 3 years and met my first girlfriend in the bar. I learned most of these things the hard way. It actually took me getting hauled down to the police station with a minor knife wound and threatened with imprisonment if I didn't sign a confession in Thai, before I finally woke up and saw the reality. The good news was that I didn't bring her to the U.S. on a visa.

I know most will be blinded by the hot Asian girl that says they love the farang. I was. There's no shame in that. If you meet one of these girls in the bar, rent, don't buy. It will save you a lot of money and pain in the future.

Keep an eye out for the red flags I've posted above. Especially #6.

Also, do some reading on Stickman.

:rofl:

Actually, I just looked at Stickman, and a lot of the things I posted above are there in this link:

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanBangkokWeeklyColumn2011/Thai-Bargirls-Red-Flags.htm

Another consideration should be how many kids these women have that are often times left with Mom back in that little village.

One bar girl or greeter from our village has two but never tells the johns until she has them where she wants them. She then begins to ask for extra money for those little kids. I know her mother who tells me this women almost never send money to provide care for the kids.

Most of these women do have kids but were never married especially if they are over 20 or so.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

just let her know how you really feel and ask how she really feels about you. if you guys truly love each other than it may be meant to be. Good luck!

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Timeline

just let her know how you really feel and ask how she really feels about you. if you guys truly love each other than it may be meant to be. Good luck!

Absolutely a great idea to ask a bar girl how she feels and believe in what she says. She has practiced this many times so it shouldn't take long to be taken. I suppose it should be said that if you shop in a cat house you will end up with a cat and the box she uses will come with her.

Timeline

Good luck with that. Kind of like asking a car salesman if the car you want to buy is a good price.

Timeline

The only true feelings I've seen out of a bar girl are raging violent anger.

Timeline

The only true feelings I've seen out of a bar girl are raging violent anger.

You know the old saying, "you can take the girl out the bar, but you can't take....................." Or so I've heard it said.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.