karimaelo

I130 Approved, need some help please

20 posts in this topic

Yesterday we received an email regarding my I130 approval and when I checked the status on USCIS it was:

On July 9, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I think I should receive my NOA2 by mail in the coming days.

I have read that beneficiary needs to prepare some documents for NVC and one of them is the police certificate. Beneficiary has been living in United Arab Emirates for 4 years now, he is 32 years old now. from the table below I didn't really understand which countries are eligible to get PC from,

IF the applicant… AND… THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from… is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months is 16 years old or older the police authorities of that locality. lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months was 16 years or older at that time the police authorities of that locality. lived in a different country for more than 12 months was 16 years or older at that time the police authorities of that locality. was arrested for any reason, regardless of how long they lived there was any age at that time the police authorities of that locality.

So is PC from United Arab Emirates where beneficiary lives now enough.

Hi Karemaelo,

I knew 2 friends ( 1- K1 and 1-Cr1) who process their visa here in Abu Dhabi. Both of them requested Police clearance from the Emirate. I am living in UAE for 5 years now and what I understand is I need to provide police clearance from UAE both NVC and during interview.

Sept 2011- Met Online

May 16, 2014 - Wedding Date

USCIS

July 13, 2014 - I-130 NOA1 receipt (Nebraska Service Center)

July 30, 2014 - I-130 approved-NOA2 (17 days from NOA1)

NVC

Sep 03, 2014- Case # & IIN received

Nov 13, 2014- Case Complete (9/14/14 & 10/14/14 ; AOS & IV scan date )

EMBASSY

Dec 03, 2014 - Received P4 letter ( interview on Jan 29, 2015 )

Feb 03, 2015 - Visa on hand ( Thank You Lord )

He will need to get a Police Certificate from every country in which he has lived 6 MONTHS or longer since the age of 16. For example: My husband is from Nicaragua and has lived there for a long time, we need a police certificate from the local police in Nicaragua. (We got one from the capital to just be sure!) He ALSO lived in Costa Rica for longer than 6 months since he was 16 years old so he must also submit a police certificate from that country as well. If the beneficiary has lived in other parts of the country for more than 6 months since age 16 you will also need local police certificates from that local police department or you may be able to get one from the capital as well.

Check the reciprocity tables for the countries in questions:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

Met: 12/2011

Married: 12/26/2013

Interview Date: 8/27/2014 - APPROVED

REUNITED!: 9/10/2014

POE: Miami

I-751 & I-912 filed together: 6/16/2016

Package Received In CA Service Center: 6/21/2016

I-912: Denied 8/6/2016

I-751 sent w/payment: 8/22/2016

Package Received at CSC: 8/24/2016

NOA-1: 8/29/2016 (dated 8/24/2016)

Biometrics Appt: 10/11/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

well he needs one where is lives now,

and another one from where he lived prior.

if he lived elsewhere as well, he needs PCC from those places as well.

Doc Intake on this occurs at NVC during Visa Application intake process, part of the IV Packet stuff.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You should get the NOA2 in a matter of days. I got mine in 3 days via mail. The NVC will take a little while to get your paperwork and process it. I recommend getting the police certificates now since it seems you may need them from more than one location. Again, check the reciprocity tables because this will give you an idea of how/where to get the police certificates and also how long they are good for. Depending on the country they can expire in 60 days to 6 months i have seen. I recommend reviewing what needs to be submitted to the NVC such as all your Originals, copies (of each original) and translations of documents like birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce decrees (if previously married) etc. Have all these things ready to go and organized. I am waiting for the NVC to contact me as well. The received all my documents 2 days ago. I have all my stuff ready to go and I'm anxious to get going! :D

You should get the NOA2 in a matter of days. I got mine in 3 days via mail. The NVC will take a little while to get your paperwork and process it. I recommend getting the police certificates now since it seems you may need them from more than one location. Again, check the reciprocity tables because this will give you an idea of how/where to get the police certificates and also how long they are good for. Depending on the country they can expire in 60 days to 6 months i have seen. I recommend reviewing what needs to be submitted to the NVC such as all your Originals, copies (of each original) and translations of documents like birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce decrees (if previously married) etc. Have all these things ready to go and organized. I am waiting for the NVC to contact me as well. The received all my documents 2 days ago. I have all my stuff ready to go and I'm anxious to get going! :D

Thanks,

So I will start preparing all docs now like pc's and original birth and marriage certificates. And I will wait for NOA2. Do I have to send the documents by mail or there is an electronic service to use and send scanned copy, because I read this somewhere but I don't know if I can do this service. As per your explanation I cannot do anything now until I get my NOA2 right? What about DS-261?

Timeline

Thanks alot for your reply. But what do u guys suggest me to do now while waiting for noa2 by mail where to begin got confused with many online guides.

Well, study this one, solely:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Report back, when able.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

All your documents will need to be sent in via mail because the NVC wants all Originals documents. You will be able to do other things electronically like your payments etc. Right now the only thing you can do is make sure you have everything ready for the next step and wait. You cannot do anything until the NVC requests it. They will take 30-45 days (at times) to process your papers and then contact you with your case number and the next step. I called 2 weeks after receiving my NOA-2 to make sure they had my paperwork. Now i am just waiting to hear back from them for the next step in the process. From what i hear as soon as they contact you the NVC step will move much quicker... for now its just waiting for them. best of luck :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for your replies I really appreciate it. And sorry for the late reply as I was in a vacation. I have checked my mail and I have received the NOA2 dated July 9th. 2014. from this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process#Overview_of_NVC_Process

It does not exactly mention how will NVC contact me? Will I receive a mail from them?

This part here says I can give petitioner's and beneficiary email addresses! How and when shall I do that?

At the same time, you can give over both the petitioner's and beneficiary's email addresses. By doing this, ALL correspondence (initial information package, invoices, instructions, interview letter, checklists, etc) from NVC will be sent through email. This does not necessarily mean that YOU can send THEM information by email though. Only those eligible for EP (electronic processing) can email the AOS and IV packages (link to eligibility in the first section, under links).

Thanks alot

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks all for your replies I really appreciate it. And sorry for the late reply as I was in a vacation. I have checked my mail and I have received the NOA2 dated July 9th. 2014. from this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process#Overview_of_NVC_Process

It does not exactly mention how will NVC contact me? Will I receive a mail from them?

This part here says I can give petitioner's and beneficiary email addresses! How and when shall I do that?

Thanks alot

Reread the wiki, you need to be proactive when dealing with the NVC instead of waiting for them to contact you. If you wait for the NVC to contact you, then you will be needlessly waiting for a long time.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

contact you ? oh. no. you missed one important thing. please reread the wiki page.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank you all for your help. I have contacted the NVC and got my case # and IIN I did the following:

1) I filled DS-261 online and submitted the application.

2) After one day I received an email from NVC stating that I can pay the AOS fees and I already paid that and it is showing PAID now. I log in now and I see the IV pay now link is active but when I click it, it never shows any amount to select and displays this message: Total Amount Selected: $0.00

Thanks Darnell for the links you provided me they are really helpful.

I have the following questions:

1) My joint sponsor is my uncle and he is in USA and I am in Dubai, is it fine if he sends me I-864 which he filled scanned and by email? All other documents as well like pay stubs and IRS? So I will print them out and prepare the AOS package.

2) Now the status of AOS is PAID so what happens if I don't send my AOS package immediately, because my uncle is waiting for IRS tax to get delivered to him.

3) My uncle says no need to send employment letter he says pay stubs are enough to show that he is working and has income, is the employment letter important (required).

4) 2013 & 2012 IRS tax return are enough or it should be 3 years meaning 2011 year IRS is required?

5) My wife is a student and she does not have a job so no income. What shall she fill in I-864 regarding income? Do I have to provide a proof that she does not work, or student letter from her university is required stating that she is a full time student.

Thanks again

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Scanned I-864 won't work, original signature is required; scanned copies of supporting documents are acceptable.

Send the AOS package when you are ready to do so; the NVC will keep a case active for 1 year from the date of last contact by the petitioner or beneficiary.

Employment letter is not required, paystubs are sufficient.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Scanned I-864 won't work, original signature is required; scanned copies of supporting documents are acceptable.

Send the AOS package when you are ready to do so; the NVC will keep a case active for 1 year from the date of last contact by the petitioner or beneficiary.

Employment letter is not required, paystubs are sufficient.

Thanks for clarification.

What about these: Any one has a clue?

4) 2013 & 2012 IRS tax return are enough or it should be 3 years meaning 2011 year IRS is required?

5) My wife is a student and she does not have a job so no income. What shall she fill in I-864 regarding income? Do I have to provide a proof that she does not work, or student letter from her university is required stating that she is a full time student.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.