56 posts in this topic

It may prevent it from happening.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can you say more about that? I just moved back from Jamaica yesterday (us citizen) and am just beginning to explore what seems like a very overwhelming process. Any information you can provide would be helpful. :)

Edited by Katie183

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A new bill was passed yesterday. If the small amount you're talking about was 2 ounces or less, the new law says the charge or arrest will be expunged from his record, and those serving time for marijuana charges (if the amount was, again, 2 ounces or less) will be released soon. So please, like the previous post say, define small amount.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't know much about marijuana or how much 5 sticks weigh, but I am surprised the person who was charged with the crime wouldn't know that information. I think you should talk to him, and if it is true he doesn't know, he needs to make a trip to the police headquarters and find out what it is in his file. It is better to know now.

Edited by AfroJamLuv

Filed: Timeline

Well, good for you guys there's a new law. I don't know how long it will take, seeing as the bill was passed just yesterday, but if it is less than 1 oz like you say, it should be removed from his record.

The new law comes into effect after the cabinet signs next wk in the

meantime although it will eventually not be on ones record if amounts

is 2 ozs or less there is no telling how it will affect ppl when they see a

panel Dr who will have to go by US rules in asking about its usage if

the US gov. continues to have this question being asked at the medical.

The minister warned this law is not yet in effect until signed

Yes JA cops are very corrupt but they really don't go around inflating

small amounts of weed to larger amount reports, that would not benefit

them in their ways of corruption to move 1 oz to 6 ozs in a report. even

though they are lots of corruption in JCF...however every country have

their share of corrupt cops....no place is immune

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I know this may sound mean, I don't want to be mean, but seriously: why would you marry a drug user? Aren't you afraid he'll do that in the US too? I know, like I say, I don't mean no harm...just curious of your perspective on this...all the best!

I don't do drugs. But its legal here in two states and plenty of other states have medical marijuana laws. Now I could understand if the person was doing something like meth or cocaine, but pot is not that big of deal for most people.

Filed: Timeline

Hmm...yeah I guess it all varies when it comes to it what people accept, what they don't. Thanks for sharing your thought!

All the best!

I don't do drugs. But its legal here in two states and plenty of other states have medical marijuana laws. Now I could understand if the person was doing something like meth or cocaine, but pot is not that big of deal for most people.

Timeline

I know it was less then an oz, but could have been reduced to a spliff due to the police taking their cut of the ganja I.e. Corruption. What sorts of questions does a panel doctor ask? Like I said- just beginning to explore this process and have little knowledge of what it all entails and what kind of road blocks may be encountered.

Anotherlostsoul- no offense taken. My future husband is a Rastafarian and it is part of his religious practice. I am also from a US state that has legalized marijuana, and hold the personal conviction that it is less dangerous then alcohol.

Timeline

And as it stands with the charge for a small amount of ganja- that would be grounds for a denial of a k-1? We have been co- habitating in Jamaica for over a year. Would it be best for me to return and marry there? Hire legal help?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.