NickD

New way to bring family members here.

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Least according to the news. Hire a coyote to sneak you across the border into like a refugee camp. Another older way is to come here on a raft, sure worked for the Cubans.

If they can find any relative, distant or not, will send you to that relative, if not, you go back.

Since we are experiencing extreme delays trying to doing this legally, wondering if this is an alternative method. But do have several questions about this procedure as to what happens afterwards.

Are these people issued a green card?

Does that relative have to show sufficient funds to be approved for an I-864?

And what about huge medical expenses for that I-693 to make sure communicable diseases are not brought into this country. Or are the taxpayers paying for this procedure?

Did watch this segment intensely since we are trying to bring an unmarried child here from that hell hole called Venezuela. Writing to Obama was of no hope. Maybe he just likes illegals.

Timeline

Oh, somehow my unmarried son managed to get a one year old son, so should meet all of the requirements of all those people they showed on the news.

You think people who enter without inspection get a Greencard? :lol:

He would just be illegal, with no path to get legal, unless he left the country and did what you are doing now anyway. Plus, he would have a ban.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

allowing unfettered access to the US by every child who is unhappy with their lot in life will only result in diseases arriving by the carload, huge tax burdens on the American taxpayer, etc....why allow this? The US of A does NOT owe a decent standard of living and free education and medical bennies to the entire planet...ship those brats home....otherwise, guess what happens next? Yep...their irresponsible parents will be given some sort of status so the family can be reunited...and the US of A rapidly spirals down into third world status.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Least according to the news. Hire a coyote to sneak you across the border into like a refugee camp. Another older way is to come here on a raft, sure worked for the Cubans.

If they can find any relative, distant or not, will send you to that relative, if not, you go back.

Since we are experiencing extreme delays trying to doing this legally, wondering if this is an alternative method. But do have several questions about this procedure as to what happens afterwards.

And what about huge medical expenses for that I-693 to make sure communicable diseases are not brought into this country. Or are the taxpayers paying for this procedure?

Did watch this segment intensely since we are trying to bring an unmarried child here from that hell hole called Venezuela. Writing to Obama was of no hope. Maybe he just likes illegals.

No they do not for they do not qualify for residency unless they went through CBP inspection at the border.

Have you considered gong the route of a humanitarian visa or expediting your child's visa considering the current political situation in Venezuela?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Have you considered gong the route of a humanitarian visa or expediting your child's visa considering the current political situation in Venezuela?

You mean like contacting the USCIS, the NVC, our congressman, our senator, and the president? Already tried that, now we are working with relatives in Italy. Screw this country I was asked to die for!

Do you have other sources than the above to talk to?

Was just being factious about bringing him here illegally, am and always been a person of integrity. Not like these heartless basterds running this country. This has been going on for over ten years now!

Timeline

You mean like contacting the USCIS, the NVC, our congressman, our senator, and the president? Already tried that, now we are working with relatives in Italy. Screw this country I was asked to die for!

Do you have other sources than the above to talk to?

Was just being factious about bringing him here illegally, am and always been a person of integrity. Not like these heartless basterds running this country. This has been going on for over ten years now!

Your congressman and senator would be the correct route. The POTUS can't intervene on these cases, despite what the motley crew would have you believe. If you have written them 10 times, do it 100 more and keep doing it. Keep knocking on their doors, for they are your representatives and while it is undrestandable you're not their only constituent, your are one of them .

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

a congressman cannot order the CO to issue a visa...they cannot authorize somebody to just wander across the border..there are legal processes in place....best to follow them, even if you don't agree with them.

Correct. However they can and oftentimes do help expedite these cases by asking those whose responsibility it is to issue a visa so do in a more expeditious manner.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's not exactly a new way.

Of course they're not issued a green card. They're here illegally and will remain so. Now if we could only stop giving people here illegally any schooling, work, and medical benefits at all that would be super.

Why the should the taxpayer pay for your I-693? And "making sure communicable diseases are not brought into this country" happens, you know, before Jose Hopper jumps that border, not after.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Aren't you the one that could have had the son come on a K-2 visa if you had gotten a K-1 visa, but instead your lawyer told you to do AOS from a tourist visa, leaving the kid behind?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Actually the type of person that looks for parallel solutions to a problem, namely my wife wanting to see her son. I couldn't petition for him because he was barely over 21. Perhaps bad advice on her not petitioning for him when she became a LPR, was strongly advised to wait until she became a US citizen as the wait would have been shorter. This wait is going on for five years now. Ever try dealing with the NVC? Wow, what a bunch of extremely rude people.

While my senator and congressman have been very helpful in dealing with problems with the USCIS, when it comes to dealing with problems with the NVC or DOS, they tell me these two governmental agencies are completely untouchable to them, handled strictly by the executive branch. Ha, try and contact that branch of government. Since my stepson is stuck in an impoverished country, can't even find a decent job, so therefore can't even get a visa to come visit us.

If we could just get him out of there, wife could renounce that country and for us will be history. We make a point of following the laws of this country, yes, she had to renew her citizenship in that country, and you will not get a passport to any country unless you are a citizen of that country. Would be nice to read this in the DOS site, but they can't even be honest on this subject.

Now is this venting or telling it the way it is? One thing for sure with these agencies, that word "family" is not part of their vocabulary. And how do you think a person feels, when they witness illegals having a baby here that is treated as a US citizen with all the welfare benefits granted to such? It's just incredible they put so much emphasis on that place of birth, something no one has control over.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

I seriously relate to being in a "hell hole" VENEZUELA...especially thanks to the new "ïligetimate colombian president" we NOW have, No offense (Just stating that a person who's from another country shouldn't run for president here.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

HI

Guys you are mixing apples and oranges with Cubans. Cubans DO get GCs, because of the law "Wet foot, dry foot" Cuban adjustment. As long as they enter the country, however they come here. after a year and 1 day, they can adjust status, and then don't need to file an i864. After that, they bring their families

Special treatment, ufortunatley for the rest of us. I live in Miami, which is Cuban land

Edited by aleful

Allowing anyone to enter this country, then be showered with benefits, makes a mockery of our visa laws....again, the US of A does NOT owe a standard of living to the human race....if somebody else's country is messed up, that is not my problem....top priority should be given to AMERICAN citizens, including our soldiers returning from those two entirely effed up wars in the sand box...instead of handing out freebies to every snot nosed brat and their parents who have decided not to obey and respect our laws and borders.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.