24 posts in this topic

So mad and upset,we got RFE after 4,5months since we filled our petition,still don't know what they need! We were sure we prepared everything accurately,we didn't hire the layer for that,did everything by ourselves,and now so bad surprise from TSC(( Hopefully soon will get the letter with an explanation what did we miss on it,or what did they lose! Any way, how long it will take us to get our approval after we send them evidence!

Thank you.

Edited by Inna&Chris

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Who knows how many days it takes to deliever a letter from USCIS with evidences, to get them by mail???

How long's a piece of string? It depends when they actually put it in the mail. Anything from a couple of a days to a couple of weeks would be my guess.

Try not to freak, I'm sure it's something simple (or something they've lost). Just give them whatever they need - at least someone's looking at your file, this is good news! Some of us haven't heard anything for 6 months now...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

So mad and upset,we got RFE after 4,5months since we filled our petition,still don't know what they need! We were sure we prepared everything accurately,we didn't hire the layer for that,did everything by ourselves,and now so bad surprise from TSC(( Hopefully soon will get the letter with an explanation what did we miss on it,or what did they lose! Any way, how long it will take us to get our approval after we send them evidence!

Thank you.

. Hi how did you get notified of the RFE?

I got an email last night abt that,and then checked my online status it showed Request for more evidence! So their site updates already!

ROC -"CSC"

For us, it only took a week to get approval after USCIS receiving RFE.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It depends, once you get the RFE mail and resend it, it will take 2 weeks to a month to get a feedback from them.

I have been waiting for RFE response Since Jan 6th, Did multiple service request, talked to tier 2....no satisfied answer, as per tier 2.. they don't know why its taking too long :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have been waiting for RFE response Since Jan 6th, Did multiple service request, talked to tier 2....no satisfied answer, as per tier 2.. they don't know why its taking too long :(

Sure, but you're doing a completely different visa at a different service centre, you can't compare the two.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Once you get the letter from them, pack the required papers in neat way, make cover letter and list everything they want in order, if you have more evidences send them along too.

You probably missed one of the following:

1- LONG FORM US Fiance(e) birth certificate (Not the short form)

2- Copy of US Fiance (e) Passport (In case birth certificate not available)

3- Letter of intent to marry, two letters, one from you and the other from your Fiance(e) (ONE IS NOT ENOUGH)

4- Evidence of relationship not enough (More photos and solid proof)

5- Missed some field in your I-129F Application or missed to sign it properly

Once you send the RFE with cover letter and according to instructions, wait one week, once they receive it, you will get the approval in one week too.

Good luck :)

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Once you get the letter from them, pack the required papers in neat way, make cover letter and list everything they want in order, if you have more evidences send them along too.

You probably missed one of the following:

1- LONG FORM US Fiance(e) birth certificate (Not the short form)

2- Copy of US Fiance (e) Passport (In case birth certificate not available)

3- Letter of intent to marry, two letters, one from you and the other from your Fiance(e) (ONE IS NOT ENOUGH)

4- Evidence of relationship not enough (More photos and solid proof)

5- Missed some field in your I-129F Application or missed to sign it properly

Once you send the RFE with cover letter and according to instructions, wait one week, once they receive it, you will get the approval in one week too.

Good luck :)

Thank you very much! I checked your list, and we included everything from that.

Just need to wait till we get hard copy of RFE,now only God knows what they want from us! But that's good to hear that usually it takes not so long time after they receive evidences!

Thank you all!!!!!!!

ROC -"CSC"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.