9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My fiance was given 2 interviews (April and May) and asked to bring more documentation.. He did that and brought it to his 2nd interview. They barely looked at the documentation and after the interview they gave him a denial letter stating that because of section 221(g) (citing a paperwork/documentation issue) he is disqualied, and that by the time they send the application back to NVC and then to UCSIS the petition will have expired, or something to that effect. Does anyone know what to do now?? i'm guessing there is an appeals process but would love some advice if anyone has any... feeling pretty low right about now :( Thanks for any help!

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm so sorry we went through this and I went to Cameroon last month and we got married and will file for I-130. We got our congressman on it but they never responded to him. Then while I was in Cameroon I called the embassy and they said the K-1 has been sent back to the NVC and it was nothing that could be done. The CO told us our best results was to get married while I was there. BC it's hard to proved a bona fide relationship without being married. Just get married and reapply. Sorry I feel your pain. Keep your head up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

They barely looked at the documentation and after the interview they gave him a denial letter stating that because of section 221(g) (citing a paperwork/documentation issue) he is disqualied, and that by the time they send the application back to NVC and then to UCSIS the petition will have expired,....

If you can remedy the actual cause of the denial... refiling a new petition would be an ideal way to start!

Read through this : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/421156-k1-visa-denied-under-section-221g/

Good luck to you :)

Edited by KASH2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

OMG...I can understand how u feel...

stay strong.

u can get married & apply CR1...

I am also under 221G ( administrative processing )

they juz said nothing & told me to wait ... My CEAC status show " No Status " :crying:

it is a huge torture for me & my fiance.

U can contact lawyer & ask some advices !!!

Best of Luck !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

sorry about your experience.

i am thinking your fiance didn't give his evidence when asked to submit his documents.

the co doesn't ask for evidence. some people hold on to the evidence for the interview. i am thinking he did this. for accra embassy, when asked for your documents, u give everything including your evidence. the co checks your evidence before calling u for the interview.

i notice in other embassies they may ask for evidence during the interview, but in accra, ghana, no they wont, the co assumes u have given all your evidence in advance. for my interview, i noticed, the co had gone through all my evidence before calling me, same as my friends who got approved.

did u post here after the first interview? because someone would have informed u.

this point has also been mentioned by users on the accra embassy reviews section.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

u can try to call the embassy and see if u could get a third interview and explain your situation, they may do so, they may not, but u can try. or send a mail. if the one responding to you is nice enough, he/she would do something for u. some have gotten third interviews in the past, some did not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Wow thank you so so much everyone, you are all so supportive and knowledgeable! I was so very busy when the first interview came and it occurred right as I was on an airplane, leaving the country for vacation... so the first interview was not well timed. The embassy had our packet of materials which I meticulously organized, checked, rechecked, and sent but i think my fiance forgot to print out the more recent evidence of our relationship (texts, emails, FB, skype, etc) to bring with him to the first interview and let's just say that paperwork organization is not quite my fiance's forte! and its' all very confusing! so i think he did not bring the more recent evidence with him, and perhaps his answers were not so incredibly precise as they would like it (again, his mind does not work like an American Embassy's would) so i think it was both of those things that made them question.. So then they asked him to return for the 2nd interview with more documentation.... so that's what he did when he went to the 2nd interview. Once again, the questions they asked, he did not know all the answers precisely... but that's that and whats done is done... really, is there any hope besided reapplying? do i have to wait a certain amount of time before doing so? He is so traumatized by how he was treated and he is appalled that after all the effort we did and that we showed them everything they asked for that they would disqualify us so easily like that... Unfortunately, I am not very surprised, and feel sad that this is all the case. I am trying to teach him to think like they would but it's impossible! He is a traditional African dancer and that is miles and miles away from thinking like a US governmental system!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.