mono24

what comes after NOA2

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We received our NOA2 two weeks ago...what comes after this? Does the embassy in Peru send my fiance a letter with instructions on what to do? Also, how do I get our case number from NVC?

Help!

Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:guides: accessible at the top of the forum page. In particular, take a look at the VJ K-1 Flowchart:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hi everyone,

We received our NOA2 two weeks ago...what comes after this? Does the embassy in Peru send my fiance a letter with instructions on what to do? Also, how do I get our case number from NVC?

Help!

Thank you!

Here's the K1 flowchart: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

-NOA2 is Step #4. Your case files are then forwarded to NVC, and then NVC will also send you a letter containing the case number and informing you that your files are en route to your fiance's consulate.

If it has been 2 weeks since you received your NOA2, you can probably try contacting NVC for the case number if they have already processed your case files. As for the Peru instruction letter, maybe somebody who had experience can chime in. Try checking the website of US embassy in Lima for instructions as well.

Edit: oooops, yeah, pretty much just what A&B said. :lol:

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey! ^_^

I know it can be confusing.... Here are PERU specifics;

After you receive NOA2, your case will be sent to the NVC (may take a while, you can call them 2-3 weeks after your NOA2 and maybe get your case number). Of course you can always just wait for the letter they send you (petitioner) with the case file. I would strongly suggest calling though, you give them your USCIS receipt number and they will tell you if an NVC case number has been assigned. (Will begin with the letters LMA)

All the NVC does is assign a case number and send your file to the embassy in Lima from the day it arrives it takes them 2-3 days to ship it to the embassy). About a week later your file will arrive at the embassy.

Here you have two options;

1. Wait patiently until your fiance receives a letter with instruction.

2. As soon as the case status at the NVC website shows it has arrived you can e-mail them asking for your interview date.

Now every embassy has different procedures, Some have a packet 3 (papers you send before going) and a packet 4 (papers you take with you on the interview date.

Lima only has ONE packet (3), every paperwork your fiance gets, he will take with him to the interview.

As soon as you have your interview date, schedule a medical appointment, there are only 2 doctors who can preform this evaluation in Lima. Results take around 2 weeks, so schedule appropriately.

Dr. Sandro Corigliano

Address: Clínica Anglo Americana | Av. Alfredo Salazar 350, San Isidro

Telephone: 222-2192, 616-8900 x1450, 1451 & 1458

Office hours: Tuesday & Thursday, from 8:30am to 12pm; Monday & Friday, from 3pm to 6pm

Dra. Viviana Mélinchon

Address: Av. Benavides N 1579, Of. 804, Miraflores, Lima

Telephone: 447-3654 y 981-036-823

I went to the first one, and I would suggest him, he was nice. I have heard the female doctor is rude.

Anyway, in this link ( http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Peru&cty=Lima ) are the list of documents she will need to take with him the day of the interview.

In total your fiance will receive 2 letters. They pretty much say the same thing.... Just keep in mind you will need to take the second one to the medical interview (or if you email the embassy you can just print the one they send you, since the mail in Peru takes for ever!).

Well, I think that's most of it. If you have any questions feel free to inbox me. :D!

Edited by Mari26

Naturalization Journey: 

- January 25th, 2019 - Filed N400 form online [Seattle,WA office]

- January 25th, 2019 - NOA1

- January 26th, 2019 - Priority Date

- February 2nd, 2019 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

- February 20th, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

- June 7th, 2019 - Case Transfered [somewhere] Estimated completition time Dec 2019 (4 months) 

** July 24th, 2019 - Checked websites Estimated completition time Aug 2019 [???] (1 month) 

- August 29th, 2019 - Interview Scheduled! [October 7th, 2019 in Portland, OR]

- October 7th, 2019 - Interview [Approved!] Scheduled for same day Oath which was later cancelled... 

- October 25th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

- November 6th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony [in Portland, OR]

Timeline

Hey! ^_^

After you receive NOA2, your case will be sent to the NVC (may take a while, you can call them 2-3 weeks after your NOA2 and maybe get your case number). Of course you can always just wait for the letter they send you (petitioner) with the case file. I would strongly suggest calling though, you give them your USCIS receipt number and they will tell you if an NVC case number has been assigned. (Will begin with the letters LMA)

All the NVC does is assign a case number and send your file to the embassy in Lima from the day it arrives it takes them 2-3 days to ship it to the embassy). About a week later your file will arrive at the embassy.

2. As soon as the case status at the NVC website shows it has arrived you can e-mail them asking for your interview date.

Now every embassy has different procedures, Some have a packet 3 (papers you send before going) and a packet 4 (papers you take with you on the interview date.

Lima only has ONE packet (3), every paperwork your fiance gets, he will take with him to the interview.

As soon as you have your interview date, schedule a medical appointment, there are only 2 doctors who can preform this evaluation in Lima. Results take around 2 weeks, so schedule appropriately.

Dr. Sandro Corigliano

Office hours: Tuesday & Thursday, from 8:30am to 12pm; Monday & Friday, from 3pm to 6pm

Dra. Viviana Mélinchon

I went to the first one, and I would suggest him, he was nice. I have heard the female doctor is rude.

Anyway, in this link ( http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Peru&cty=Lima ) are the list of documents she will need to take with him the day of the interview.

In total your fiance will receive 2 letters. They pretty much say the same thing.... Just keep in mind you will need to take the second one to the medical interview (or if you email the embassy you can just print the one they send you, since the mail in Peru takes for ever!).

Well, I think that's most of it. If you have any questions feel free to inbox me. :D!

Thank you SO much! This is so helpful! I talked to the NVC last night, they sent our case to Lima and gave me the case number :)

What are the two letters that the embassy sends? Also, does the NVC send me anything? They told me (petitioner) that I would also receive instructions in the mail but I hadn't heard of this.

Thank you again!!

Timeline

^_^ Glad to help.

You will receive the "official" NVC letter stating your case number.

Your Fiance, will receive two letters like I said.

The first one will have a letter saying pretty much they received the package (they send this literally the day your NVC changes to ready). It has a page with instructions (which I translated it and copied to the Consulate information page) and a brochure about domestic violence (and the rights immigrants have).

The second one includes all of the above, but the letter they send, actually has an interview date. (this was dated 4 days after the first letter)

If you email the embassy asking for the interview date (which they probably already have) they will email you everything included in the second package. Like I said before you can just print the letter from the email and take it to the medical. Take into consideration they take FOREVER to arrive by Serpost (peruvian mail). You will also get a copy of both letters... though again, it takes even longer for you to get it.

-------------------------------

To email the embassy:

Email: limaiv@state.gov

Subject: IV Inquiry - LMAxxxxxxxxxx (case number) - (You fiance's last names)

This is what I wrotE: To whom it may concern;

I have come to notice that our Case Status changed to ready today (Friday, December 27th, 2013) on the CEAC website (https://ceac.state.gov). I was wondering if it was possible for you to send us an electronic version of the forms and requirements we will need for the interview; as well as the interview date.

Thank you,

If you need anything else, let me know :)

Naturalization Journey: 

- June 7th, 2019 - Case Transfered [somewhere] Estimated completition time Dec 2019 (4 months) 

** July 24th, 2019 - Checked websites Estimated completition time Aug 2019 [???] (1 month) 

- October 7th, 2019 - Interview [Approved!] Scheduled for same day Oath which was later cancelled... 

Timeline

^_^ Glad to help.

You will receive the "official" NVC letter stating your case number.

Your Fiance, will receive two letters like I said.

The first one will have a letter saying pretty much they received the package (they send this literally the day your NVC changes to ready). It has a page with instructions (which I translated it and copied to the Consulate information page) and a brochure about domestic violence (and the rights immigrants have).

The second one includes all of the above, but the letter they send, actually has an interview date. (this was dated 4 days after the first letter)

If you email the embassy asking for the interview date (which they probably already have) they will email you everything included in the second package. Like I said before you can just print the letter from the email and take it to the medical. Take into consideration they take FOREVER to arrive by Serpost (peruvian mail). You will also get a copy of both letters... though again, it takes even longer for you to get it.

To email the embassy:

I have come to notice that our Case Status changed to ready today (Friday, December 27th, 2013) on the CEAC website (https://ceac.state.gov). I was wondering if it was possible for you to send us an electronic version of the forms and requirements we will need for the interview; as well as the interview date.

Thank you,

If you need anything else, let me know :)

Thank you SO much! You are so helpful! :goofy:

Timeline

Anytime! :D

Naturalization Journey: 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey! ^_^

Dr. Sandro Corigliano

Dra. Viviana Mélinchon

Mari26 I have been reading posts concerning this topic and you seem to have a good understanding of the procedures. The VJ guideline says that for USA embassy in Peru packet 4 is required to be completed. I am also a bit confused about the procedures concerning the NVC case status, filling out the DS-160, and the packet 4 being sent to the beneficiary as well as a copy to the petitioner. My petition has been approved and sent to the NVC. It seems from the information I can gather that once NVC receives the packet a case number will be assigned and they will forward it onto the Embassy in Peru. At some point there after I (the USC Petitioner) should receive a letter from the NVC with this information to confirm our case has been forwarded on to the Embassy. Now comes the questions. You stated we can find out the status by checking NVC. When looking I could only find a place for case status if you have filled out the DS-160. So unless I just can't find it the link at the NVC website it seems that one must begin filling out the DS-160 for updates? Is this correct? If so, I am totally confused as the instructions also indicate you should wait to confirm the necessary documents required for packet 4 before proceeding with the next steps. One of those documents appears to be a completed DS-160. Additionally, I thought the DS-160 was the form requesting an interview for the Visa. It seams a bit redundant if you have already been assigned an interview date when you receive packet 4. Can you give some insight? I must sound like an idiot at this point.

The kindness we give to others may never be recognized by the ugly souls we encounter in the vast jungle of humanity, but what we give will echo brilliantly in the smiles of those who have received it.

Timeline

Hi xD ... Errrr you seem a bit Confused xD

Packet 4 -. List of documents your fiancee will have to take with her to the interview

DS-160 -. "The DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application form, is for temporary travel to the United States, and for K (fiancé(e)) visas. Form DS-160 is submitted electronically to the Department of State website via the Internet. Consular Officers use the information entered on the DS-160 to process the visa application and, combined with a personal interview, determine an applicant’s eligibility for a nonimmigrant visa."(http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/forms/ds-160--online-nonimmigrant-visa-application.html)

They ask a lot of questions regarding Criminal records and it is like a sworn statement. I think it's just to make sure you are not "dangerous" or something...

---------------

Okay now, let's go step by step.

NOA2 to NVC:

You have received your NOA2. After a week or so after you received your Text notification you will get a hardcopy (the formal paper) on the mail. After 2 weeks or after that (3 weeks from your e-notification NOA2) your case will arrive at the NVC.

NVC:

Now, your case is at the NVC. You can either wait for the letter they send you (petitioner) very patiently. OR, you can call the NVC (603-334-0700) and request your case number. Your case number will start with "LMA".

Once you have your case number you can go to the CEAC's website; (https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/) and check your status. You have to click “Check My Visa Application Status” under Immigrant.

If it is still at the NVC it will say so ("AT NVC").

If it has been shipped to the embassy. “IN TRNASIT”

And when it arrived to the embassy it will say “READY”.

*On the letter the petitioner will receive from the NVC, it will mention the DS-160. You will receive instructions about that form from the embassy too. You can choose when to fill it, as long as it is prior to the interview. (I filled my DS-160 shortly after my now husband received the letter from the NVC)

Embassy:

It usually won’t take too long for your file to get to the embassy after it arrives to the NVC. (Mine took 5 days, included a weekend so like 3 business days)

Again, here you have to options. You can wait for the letter from the embassy or you can email them.

If you wait: The embassy in Peru will send your fiancée TWO letters. The first one is just an acknowledging they have received your case file. It has a page with instructions (which I translated it and copied to the Consulate information page) and a brochure about domestic violence (and the rights immigrants have), there will NOT be an interview date. The second letter will have your interview date and all of the above (again). Mine was dated 4 days after but it took FOREVER to arrive.

If you decide to email them: I had to try twice before I got my interview date. They will email you everything included in the second package. Like I said before you can just print the letter from the email and take it to the medical. Take into consideration they take FOREVER to arrive by Serpost (peruvian mail). You will also get a copy of both letters... though again, it takes even longer for you to get it.

To email the embassy:

Thank you,

(This is somethign a posted somewhere ...a while ago) NOTE that some countries do NOT have a Packet 3 (like Peru), and everything must be taken to the interview. Packet 3 = Paperwork you send to the embassy before the interview.

Medical

As soon as you have your interview date, schedule a medical appointment, there are only 2 doctors who can perform this evaluation in Lima. Results take around 2 weeks, so schedule appropriately.

Dr. Sandro Corigliano

Dra. Viviana Mélinchon

----------------------------------

Anyway, in this link ( http://www.visajourn...y=Peru&cty=Lima ) are the list of documents she will need to take with him the day of the interview.

SORRY if I repeated myself a bit from the previous post, I just thought I'd make it step by step (just in case?).... and for the long post ... and for being SO detailed? X_x I hope I solved your doubts. You just seems confused xD and you confused me @_@ xD soooo I tried to explain everything as much as I could.

If you need anything else, feel free to inbox me. :D

- Mari

Naturalization Journey: 

Timeline

Mari26,

Wow! Thanks for the detailed info. I am obsessive compulsive by nature and want everything perfect. This procedural stuff with the government is so infuriating. I have read so many posts about VJ members getting RFEs over the simplest of things. And those poor souls that get denied it must be devastating. I would be trashed for days if they don't approve the Visa. I was so happy when the petition was approved at the USCIS that I saw fireworks and music playing. Not sure how I will feel when the Visa is granted. I am sure it will be a happy happy day. Thanks again for responding. This was the best information to hear.

Hi xD ... Errrr you seem a bit Confused xD

Packet 4 -. List of documents your fiancee will have to take with her to the interview

DS-160 -. "The DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application form, is for temporary travel to the United States, and for K (fiancé(e)) visas. Form DS-160 is submitted electronically to the Department of State website via the Internet. Consular Officers use the information entered on the DS-160 to process the visa application and, combined with a personal interview, determine an applicants eligibility for a nonimmigrant visa."(http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/forms/ds-160--online-nonimmigrant-visa-application.html)

They ask a lot of questions regarding Criminal records and it is like a sworn statement. I think it's just to make sure you are not "dangerous" or something...

---------------

Okay now, let's go step by step.

NOA2 to NVC:

You have received your NOA2. After a week or so after you received your Text notification you will get a hardcopy (the formal paper) on the mail. After 2 weeks or after that (3 weeks from your e-notification NOA2) your case will arrive at the NVC.

NVC:

Now, your case is at the NVC. You can either wait for the letter they send you (petitioner) very patiently. OR, you can call the NVC (603-334-0700) and request your case number. Your case number will start with "LMA".

Once you have your case number you can go to the CEAC's website; (https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/) and check your status. You have to click Check My Visa Application Status under Immigrant.

If it is still at the NVC it will say so ("AT NVC").

If it has been shipped to the embassy. IN TRNASIT

And when it arrived to the embassy it will say READY.

*On the letter the petitioner will receive from the NVC, it will mention the DS-160. You will receive instructions about that form from the embassy too. You can choose when to fill it, as long as it is prior to the interview. (I filled my DS-160 shortly after my now husband received the letter from the NVC)

Embassy:

It usually wont take too long for your file to get to the embassy after it arrives to the NVC. (Mine took 5 days, included a weekend so like 3 business days)

Again, here you have to options. You can wait for the letter from the embassy or you can email them.

If you wait: The embassy in Peru will send your fiancée TWO letters. The first one is just an acknowledging they have received your case file. It has a page with instructions (which I translated it and copied to the Consulate information page) and a brochure about domestic violence (and the rights immigrants have), there will NOT be an interview date. The second letter will have your interview date and all of the above (again). Mine was dated 4 days after but it took FOREVER to arrive.

If you decide to email them: I had to try twice before I got my interview date. They will email you everything included in the second package. Like I said before you can just print the letter from the email and take it to the medical. Take into consideration they take FOREVER to arrive by Serpost (peruvian mail). You will also get a copy of both letters... though again, it takes even longer for you to get it.

To email the embassy:

Thank you,

(This is somethign a posted somewhere ...a while ago) NOTE that some countries do NOT have a Packet 3 (like Peru), and everything must be taken to the interview. Packet 3 = Paperwork you send to the embassy before the interview.

Medical

As soon as you have your interview date, schedule a medical appointment, there are only 2 doctors who can perform this evaluation in Lima. Results take around 2 weeks, so schedule appropriately.

Dr. Sandro Corigliano

Dra. Viviana Mélinchon

----------------------------------

Anyway, in this link ( http://www.visajourn...y=Peru&cty=Lima ) are the list of documents she will need to take with him the day of the interview.

SORRY if I repeated myself a bit from the previous post, I just thought I'd make it step by step (just in case?).... and for the long post ... and for being SO detailed? X_x I hope I solved your doubts. You just seems confused xD and you confused me @_@ xD soooo I tried to explain everything as much as I could.

If you need anything else, feel free to inbox me. :D

- Mari

The kindness we give to others may never be recognized by the ugly souls we encounter in the vast jungle of humanity, but what we give will echo brilliantly in the smiles of those who have received it.

Timeline

Glad to help :D! If you need anything let me know :D I'll be glad to help!

Naturalization Journey: 

• 9 months later...
Timeline

Glad to help :D! If you need anything let me know :D I'll be glad to help!

Hi Mari!

Please help me with this:

Shall I translate to english the birth certificate, police records and that kind of documents for the visa interview?

My case changed to "ready" yesterday ((((:

Please I hope you can help me (:

Hi everyone!

Please help me with this:

Shall I translate to english the birth certificate, police records and that kind of documents for the visa interview?

My case changed to "ready" yesterday ((((:

I hope you can help me (:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.