phem0r

Reschedule my interview date after payment?

9 posts in this topic

Hello VJ'ers

Does anyone know if i can reschedule my interview date if i have already signed up on ais.usvisa-info.com and payed my visa fee?

My boss wants me to reschedule it.. :ranting:

Thank you

Allan

OP, I'd give my boss the finger.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

You will have a receipt to show you have paid, so the date you ultimately attend shouldn't matter. If you are leaving the country soon, does it matter what your boss wants? This date has been a long time coming, with much paperwork and money involved. What is your priority...visa or current job? Your decision since we have few facts on your job or plans for moving.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

VISA! :) I've already told him i cannot reschedule, I've paid the fees etc so i'm going to that dam interview!

It can be rescheduled, they did so for me after I contacted them and they offered me an earlier appointment but I ended up taking the one they originally assigned me. (2 weeks later) But who knows if your boss will object to another time. I'd use the one you have if you can.

As someone else said, give the boss the finger! I told my manager last year that I had a medical and a visa interview to go to, I didn't know when they would be, but the dates would be completely non-negotiable and I would NEED those days off. They were understanding and I never had any issues. They should respect how important it is to you and that it needs to be done.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Thanks for the comments, i pretty much told him at the end of play that i'm going regardless of if i get paid or not

He ended up giving me the holiday day :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You will have a receipt to show you have paid, so the date you ultimately attend shouldn't matter. If you are leaving the country soon, does it matter what your boss wants? This date has been a long time coming, with much paperwork and money involved. What is your priority...visa or current job? Your decision since we have few facts on your job or plans for moving.

LOVE IT! Stick it to the man!

I surprised her with a proposal in Los Angeles, and this is how it went down!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.