bioman987

How an I-864 address question

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,
I have a question about the I-864 address. I live in Thailand and filed a DCF and it was accepted. They expect me to have a Domicle US address, the way I understand it. I use my mothers US address for my US mail. I also need to be a resident of Thailand for 6 months. I have been here for almost 2 years. Does anyone know have to fill out the address portion of the I-864? Thanks much. :rolleyes:

I don't know how it's the most correct way to fill this out, but I can tell you what I did and what worked for me. (I also was a DCF filer). In Part 4 (Info on the Sponsor), under Sponsor's Mailing address I listed my German address. Under Sponsor's Place of Residence, I listed my U.S. address (I guess you would list your domicile/your mother's address here), and under Other Information where it asks for your country of domicile, I put U.S.

02/2005 - We met

09/2013 - Got married

12/16/2013 - I-130 package sent to Frankfurt Consulate

12/18/2013 - Fee charged to credit card

12/23/2013 - Received NOA1

01/27/2014 - I-130 approved

01/29/2014 - I-130 Approval letter received

02/24/2014 - DS-260 submitted online

02/27/2014 - Package 3 sent to Frankfurt Consulate

03/11/2014 - Interview letter received (interview in mid-April)

04/15/2014 - Visa approved

04/19/2014 - Visa received

09/10/2014 - U.S. entry (became permanent resident)

06/27/2016 - Filed  I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

07/08/2016 - Notice for biometrics appointment received

07/18/2016 - Biometrics appointment

10/27/2017 - Notice: New green card is being produced

Filed: Timeline

I don't know how it's the most correct way to fill this out, but I can tell you what I did and what worked for me. (I also was a DCF filer). In Part 4 (Info on the Sponsor), under Sponsor's Mailing address I listed my German address. Under Sponsor's Place of Residence, I listed my U.S. address (I guess you would list your domicile/your mother's address here), and under Other Information where it asks for your country of domicile, I put U.S.

That makes sense because your are attempting to be domiciled in the US, so I think it is right to put the US address under place of residence. That would support your domicile requirement I would think. Yet, if they need to send you something, they have got your current, or mailing address. That should just simply be where you are currently. I agree with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.