Olga & Randy

HELP Please. with I 864 Self employee

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi. Thank you in advance for everyone for reading this and taking the time to answer my questions.

I have a co-joint sponsor which is my uncle and he has good income..

My question is me. I am self-employee working in construction. and I make cash only cash I do deposit all the money. are bank estatements sufficient for the NVC as proof?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Do you report that income on your taxes or are you basically being paid under the table?

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Timeline

Hello I have always done my taxes and report all my 1099's / but this is a new job and they do pay me cash only and ofcourse i will reported for next year. so basically I am working under table not at my choice. what can i do? should i write a letter my self explaining this and copies of my bank statements?

Do you report that income on your taxes or are you basically being paid under the table?

Timeline

I'm no expert here but it would seem to me that you qualify under the basic self-employed title. I don't know exactly how you conduct your business but do you have any record of the contracts you've fulfilled this year so far that would show you performed work? I get that you don't have documents stating the income other than your bank statements. But maybe something proving you're actually working along with the bank statements would work? And maybe start now getting anyone that gives you money for work to write a receipt or something? I'm just throwing out suggestions & ideas here. I have no concrete information to give you. Just what I can think of. Self-employed is a new thing for me because I've never been self-employed. Maybe someone else will chime in soon with better information.

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

Timeline

thank you so much for replying in a fast timing. sadly I can get this documents. thank you for the Ideas. I am just worry about my 864 even though I will not qualify. I have my uncle as joint sponsor and he is well of the poverty line do you think they will concentrate more on him?

I'm no expert here but it would seem to me that you qualify under the basic self-employed title. I don't know exactly how you conduct your business but do you have any record of the contracts you've fulfilled this year so far that would show you performed work? I get that you don't have documents stating the income other than your bank statements. But maybe something proving you're actually working along with the bank statements would work? And maybe start now getting anyone that gives you money for work to write a receipt or something? I'm just throwing out suggestions & ideas here. I have no concrete information to give you. Just what I can think of. Self-employed is a new thing for me because I've never been self-employed. Maybe someone else will chime in soon with better information.

Timeline

thank you so much for replying in a fast timing. sadly I can get this documents. thank you for the Ideas. I am just worry about my 864 even though I will not qualify. I have my uncle as joint sponsor and he is well of the poverty line do you think they will concentrate more on him?

Does your uncle make enough to cover his household plus you & your fiancé? If so, then I wouldn't worry too much. There are people who I've seen that have filed with no income of their own to report but have very good sponsors. Just provide your previous tax records & get the supporting documents from your uncle as well.

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

Timeline

:idea: all right thanks so much. yes I have all documents from my uncle he makes very good money and i have all the proof and sign 864 from him . I am just holding off on mind because i was not sure. my wife is outside USA consular process. her income dont think it counts.

Does your uncle make enough to cover his household plus you & your fiancé? If so, then I wouldn't worry too much. There are people who I've seen that have filed with no income of their own to report but have very good sponsors. Just provide your previous tax records & get the supporting documents from your uncle as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.