5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have known my fiancée for about 7 years. And I knew about her dad being in the US.

But in g325 where it asks where he lives, I put down that he lives in America. The problem is that he is undocumented. So she is not happy that I put down he lives in usa.

I know I have to put down that he lives here because DS 160 sample I read asks that.

1) could he be picked up by ice?

2) would this cause problems if after she becomes citizen and wants petition for him?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You need to list the truth on all immigration forms. Him living in the US illegally will not affect her K-1 visa approval chances. And I seriously doubt ICE will know about hat she enters on her forms or be bothered with going after him. How he entered and how long he has been in the US illegally could affect his ability to become legal at a later date. There is no lying about it though. All that matters at the moment is that it does not keep her from getting a K-1.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No it won't affect her application at all. You do need to put there truth though, you never lie to immigration. I was able to fix through my husband and it didn't affect my case. And msmontader are you trying to get your permanent resident? Cause then that will be the option.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

No it won't affect her application at all. You do need to put there truth though, you never lie to immigration. I was able to fix through my husband and it didn't affect my case. And msmontader are you trying to get your permanent resident? Cause then that will be the option.

Aidee Alcantar,

I will tell the truth. What do you mean you were able to fix through your husband.

I just wondering if they will look at this when in the future years from now she applies for her father.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Aidee Alcantar,

I will tell the truth. What do you mean you were able to fix through your husband.

I just wondering if they will look at this when in the future years from now she applies for her father.

I was brought illegally at the age of six, I married my husband a us citizen. He petitioned me, I-130 and I-601A. I was able to fix my status and now I am a legal permanent resident. I did have to leave the country but only for 11 days to attent my visa interview. I am now back in the states. That's how I was able to fix through my husband. And as far as that coming out when she applies for her father. I'm not sure. Depending on the laws, I heard from an attorney Lauren Scott that the bans/bars are no longer going to be in place after 2018. Hopefully we can have good news in the future regarding that. Edited by Aidee Alcantar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.