aidan80

Juvenile Conviction in County of Birth?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm reading up on the N-400 and collecting documents, dates, etc in order to complete the paperwork however I've a question. I'm sure it's came up before but haven't found anything similar by using the search function. I've a conviction from 1994 (i was 14 at the time) which I declared on my I-129F application and presented the paperwork at the interview at the US Embassy. Filling out the N-400 it asks the question if you've ever been arrested. I'm assuming this means while in the US as a resident? If so that makes things easy.. the answer is no. If not I have a lot of phone calls to make back home in order to get that paperwork.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Do not assume it only covers period since you became an LPR because it does not. If it's one of ever questions you do have to list all arrests and anything else they're asking for.

Is it question 23. page 15 of the new N-400 form? If so, yes, you need to answer with 'yes'

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Yep dig it out or...:

Since the officer will have your entire file they probably will have the old paperwork too. You might take your chances and Answer Yes, then write down the disposition of what happened and how you completed your sentence (if any), paid fine etc. and in the interview see if the officer would be nice enough to refer to the old paperwork. And if not, they'll give you RFE which will delay your application.

CITIZENSHIP:
Eligibility Criteria: 5 years
xx-xx-1998: Eligibility Date
11-12-2013: Application Sent
11-19-2013: NOA Date
11-19-2013: Check/Money Order Cashed
11-22-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date
12-05-2013: Bio-metric Date
01-10-2014: In-line for Interview
02-06-2014: Interview Letter Received
03-12-2014: Interview Date

03-21-2014: In Oath Scheduling Que

03-24-2014: Oath Scheduled Notice Mailed

04-09-2014: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks, best just to go through the ordeal of getting a copy of the paperwork from back home or finding a copy of the original I-129F Application. Best to do it 100% the first time than deal with RFE's.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.