Dannyboy11

K1 visa interview in London

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi folks,

I have my K1 interview coming up at the embassy in London next month. I have two questions;

1. I was previously in the US a few years ago on a J1 visa, would they be likely to ask about that? E.g. dates, what I did etc? - Just want to know so I can prepare.

2. How much proof of relationship do I need to bring to my interview? - I've heard that some embassies such as London don't even ask for proof of relationship at the interview stage.

Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to UK Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. Probably but as long as you did not break any laws, no problem. Just answer honestly and you wil be fine.

2. This is subjective but things like an engagement ring, wedding plans, photos of you and your fiance together, email and Skype records (summarize voluminous records as they are not going to read hundreds of pages) all help. So does knowing small things about his family like the first hames of his mother and father.

Just tell them about your J1 visa if they ask.

London is not bothered about relationship stuff, most people take something like flight details and what have you but I have never heard of it been asked for.

Hi folks,

I have my K1 interview coming up at the embassy in London next month. I have two questions;

1. I was previously in the US a few years ago on a J1 visa, would they be likely to ask about that? E.g. dates, what I did etc? - Just want to know so I can prepare.

2. How much proof of relationship do I need to bring to my interview? - I've heard that some embassies such as London don't even ask for proof of relationship at the interview stage.

Thanks

London didn't ask me about my J1, or my F1 or my H1B's (either of them). Details of old visa's issued should be on the forms you completed anyway. London also does not ask for proof of relationship. That's already been proved with the Petition. They did ask some general questions about the relationship but you are not required to show any pictures or any other 'proof'.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.