Dana910

What's Up With This Checklist?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just send the civil doc's a week ago, two day mail. They should definitely be there by now. Today I got an NVC checklist saying they needed police cert, birth cert, financial evidence, and passport copy. I am so confused. I have been trying to call all day but just get a busy signal.

-Financial Evidence... Are they talking about affidavit of support? Underneath this is a paragraph in some other language, looks like greek, I have no idea what it says but it is really strange. My husband is coming from Romania so I don't have a clue about this unknown paragraph thrown in here. I did get an RFE on my AOS so I just sent the requested papers off yesterday.

-Police + Birth Certificate... I sent original translated certified copies. My husband took them to a notary for a translated and certified copy, with a statement from the translator as required. Was that not enough? Do you have to send the original original that are untranslated?

-I sent a passport copy. Nothing fancy, but it is a good copy that you can clearly read and from a valid passport.

I am just freaking out and so confused. I feel sick to my stomach. Hate getting checklists! Still trying to call but just getting busy signals.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just send the civil doc's a week ago, two day mail. They should definitely be there by now. Today I got an NVC checklist saying they needed police cert, birth cert, financial evidence, and passport copy. I am so confused. I have been trying to call all day but just get a busy signal.

-Financial Evidence... Are they talking about affidavit of support? Underneath this is a paragraph in some other language, looks like greek, I have no idea what it says but it is really strange. My husband is coming from Romania so I don't have a clue about this unknown paragraph thrown in here. I did get an RFE on my AOS so I just sent the requested papers off yesterday.

-Police + Birth Certificate... I sent original translated certified copies. My husband took them to a notary for a translated and certified copy, with a statement from the translator as required. Was that not enough? Do you have to send the original original that are untranslated?

-I sent a passport copy. Nothing fancy, but it is a good copy that you can clearly read and from a valid passport.

I am just freaking out and so confused. I feel sick to my stomach. Hate getting checklists! Still trying to call but just getting busy signals.

I received a checklist too today saying they need my aos supporting docs which i already sent april 2 and also asking my dads saudi arabia police cert., worked in saudi and it has been 17 yrs since he worked there. i called nvc spoke to a rep.she told me they needed a letter from me saying my dad cant obtain one anymore coz he no longer reside in the kingdom..

It says specifically that Police clearances are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in the Kingdom. so i called nvc again talked to supervisor explained to him about my dads cheklist..he said wait and he checked my ds-260 and told me i dont need to send them letter anymore..urrrggg!!!so its a false checklist..

Edited by jasmine05

IR-5 (PETITION MY DAD)

USCIS

11/23/13 Send FORM I-130 TO USCIS CHICAGO LOCKBOX
11/26/13 PD- USCIS RECEIVED PAPERS
11/27/13 NOA 1 RECEIVED smile.png TRANSFERED CASE TO USCIS NSC
12/02/13 RFE (NEEDED MY BC AND MARRIAGE CERT COZ OF MY NAME CHANGED)
12/06/13 SENT RFE NEEDED BY USCIS
5/01/14 IL(P4) RCV'D TRU EMAIL & FORWARDED TO NVC

01/07/14 USCIS APPROVED MY PAPERS AND SEND TO NVC FOR VISA PROCESSING!!

01/10/14 NOA 2

NVC

1/21/14 NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PAPERS smile.png
2/22/14 CASE ENTERED IN SYSTEM

2/24/14 CASE # & INVOICE ID # ASSIGNED

3/03/14 SUBMITTED DS-261 (CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT)

3/05/14 AOS FEE PAID $88

3/11/14 MAILED AOS PACKET & AOS SHOWED PAID ON CEAC

3/14/14 AOS PACKET DELIVERED AT NVC

3/20/14 DAD'S EARLY MEDICAL EXAM @ ST. LUKES.. PASSED!! TOOK 2 DAYS MEDICAL EXAM..

3/25/14 IV FEE PAID $230 ON CEAC..

3/26/14 MAILED IV D0CUMENTS

3/27/14 DS-260 SUBMITTED & IV FEE SH0WED PAID, CEAC

3/28/14 IV D0CUMENTS DELIVERED @ NVC

3/31/14 A0S CHECKLIST (ASKING HUBBY'S PAYSTUBS & BUSINESS LICENSE F0RG0T T0 INCLUDE)

4/02/14 MAILED A0S CHECKLIST

4/04/14 A0S CHECKLIST DELIVERED @ NVC

4/17/14 IV FALSE CHECKLIST

4/23/14 CASE COMPLETE!!

5/01/14 IL(P4) RCV'D TRU EMAIL & FORWARDED TO US EMBASSY MANILA...

5/06/14 DAD'S CASE SHOWED @ CEAC "IN TRANSIT" TO U.S EMBASSY MANILA

5/08/14 RCV'D CASE @ US EMBASSY, "READY" AS PER CEAC.

6/11/14 INTERVIEW DATE @ 6:15AM, US EMBASSY MANILA. :) APPROVED!! BUT ON AP!

7/02/14 AP CHANGED TO ISSUED

7/08/14 VISA 0N HAND! :dancing:

7/14/14 DAD'S PD0S

7/15/14 FLIGHT TO U.S (P0E-MINNEAPOLIS MSP)

Timeline

I received a checklist too today saying they need my aos supporting docs which i already sent april 2 and also asking my dads saudi arabia police cert., worked in saudi and it has been 17 yrs since he worked there. i called nvc spoke to a rep.she told me they needed a letter from me saying my dad cant obtain one anymore coz he no longer reside in the kingdom..

It says specifically that Police clearances are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in the Kingdom. so i called nvc again talked to supervisor explained to him about my dads cheklist..he said wait and he checked my ds-260 and told me i dont need to send them letter anymore..urrrggg!!!so its a false checklist..

Okay, good to know. I FINALLY got ahold of them after calling like 50 times today. Still on hold though. Gotta love NVC. Hoping its a false checklist!!

Timeline

Okay, good to know. I FINALLY got ahold of them after calling like 50 times today. Still on hold though. Gotta love NVC. Hoping its a false checklist!!

yeah it took me 25mins everytime im on hold lol.. yes tell them that u have send all your civil documents.,maybe its a false checklist..

IR-5 (PETITION MY DAD)

USCIS

01/10/14 NOA 2

NVC

3/05/14 AOS FEE PAID $88

3/20/14 DAD'S EARLY MEDICAL EXAM @ ST. LUKES.. PASSED!! TOOK 2 DAYS MEDICAL EXAM..

3/31/14 A0S CHECKLIST (ASKING HUBBY'S PAYSTUBS & BUSINESS LICENSE F0RG0T T0 INCLUDE)

4/23/14 CASE COMPLETE!!

7/14/14 DAD'S PD0S

Timeline

Just got off the phone, was on hold about 35 minutes. The lady was actually pretty nice but, surprise surprise, she didn't really tell me anything. Said they got some mail in yesterday but it isn't processed yet so I am just guessing this is a checklist because they didn't get my documents in the system yet. At least I hope thats what it is! I feel a little bit better, but hoping not to get anymore checklists!! :(

Timeline

Just got off the phone, was on hold about 35 minutes. The lady was actually pretty nice but, surprise surprise, she didn't really tell me anything. Said they got some mail in yesterday but it isn't processed yet so I am just guessing this is a checklist because they didn't get my documents in the system yet. At least I hope thats what it is! I feel a little bit better, but hoping not to get anymore checklists!!

u wont as long as u send them all the supporting docs u should be ok :) good luck to you!

IR-5 (PETITION MY DAD)

USCIS

01/10/14 NOA 2

NVC

3/05/14 AOS FEE PAID $88

4/23/14 CASE COMPLETE!!

7/14/14 DAD'S PD0S

Timeline

Yeah I mean I checked and double checked and triple checked everything... The translated birth certificate and police certificate are the only ones I am unsure about, I THINK they are fine but hoping they don't request the old originals too. Who knows. Hoping it will be okay! Just ready for it all to be over. Guess I should be thankful we are only at 10 months right now, could be so much longer. I just miss my hubby.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.