sampacomosexy

can we request to expedite our case

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys. My wife is the USC and we filled our I-130 December 2013 and current waiting for an approval. Couple of weeks ago she discover she had a Fibroid and the hospital has suggest she have a surgery. My question is can we use this or is it enough to expedite our case has she needed me more now. ? And if yes please how do we go about it ? Thanks in advance

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Here is the USCIS expedite criteria:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

(Found through a simple Google search, Google can be your friend too. :) )

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I would apply, lately I have seen others expedite requests approved for less crucial circumstances... Be sure to frame the request in the terms which show why this would cause undue hardship on the USC (like having to travel to assist, financial or medical )

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

As mentioned in the previously provided USCIS criteria link:

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met.

The burden of proof of severity necessary to warrant expedited service is yours. It all depends on how well you present your wife's specific case. From a Mayo Clinic site:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/uterine-fibroids/basics/definition/con-20037901

Good luck on your endeavor.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks as I have gone through the criteria but am a bit perplex and want to know people opinion is our situation qualify under the EXTREME EMERGENT SITUATION on the expedited criteria?

All you can do is try. The petitioner will call USCIS ask for Tier 2 Supervisor and request a expedite and they will tell you what all they need. Usually they allow it to be faxed but they may have changed. Remember. If approved you have to do the same at NVC and they are way more strict.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

As mentioned in the previously provided USCIS criteria link:

The burden of proof of severity necessary to warrant expedited service is yours. It all depends on how well you present your wife's specific case. From a Mayo Clinic site:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/uterine-fibroids/basics/definition/con-20037901

Good luck on your endeavor.

After reading that link, my opinion is that you will most likely not get an expedite approved for that medical condition. You can try though, it never hurts to give it a shot. Good luck!

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.