lisa_e

List required documents for filing the visa request

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I am very confused with the whole K-1 visa process and the consulate does not help me much. I am very worried that my fiancé will not send in all the required documents with the k-1 visa request, and that the process will be slowed down because of that. Thats why I made a list with necessary documents.

Would one of you be so nice and have a look at the list and check if all the required documents are listed there?

My fiancé was born in Germany, thats why he will need to present the Report of Birth Abroad.

Thanks so much in advance.

Unfortunately I don't have permission to attach a word- document here, so I'll post the list below.

Required Documents for Filing the Visa Request

• Cover Letter for I-129 F
    • Attached
  • Form I-129 F

Form: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129f.pdf

Instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

• Filing Fee
    • Visit the USCIS Web site at www.uscis.gov, select "FORMS," and check the appropriate fee
    • Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    • Spell out U.S. Department of Homeland Security; do not use the initials "USDHS" or "DHS."
  • Since you were born outside the United States and are a U.S. citizen through your parents, you have to either submit:
    • A copy of your original Certificate of Citizenship; OR
    • Your Form FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of a United States Citizen.
    • OR instead of this, you can submit copies of ALL pages of your passport with a validity period of at least 5 years
  • Certificate of Religious Rite
    • A copy, front and back, of the certificate under the seal of the church, synagogue, mosque, or other religious entity showing:
  • The type of religious rite performed (e.g., baptism, bris, dedication, marriage, burial service, or comparable
  • The date and place the rite was performed;
  • The name and title of religious authority who officiated at the rite;
  • The name(s), date(s), and place(s) of birth of the party(ies) involved (including witnesses to the event, if available)
  • School Record
    • A letter from the school authority (preferably from the first school attended) showing the date of admission to the school, the child's date of birth (or age at time of enrollment), the child's place of birth, and the names of the child's parents
  • Statement of intent to marry from you and me
    • Attached
  • Evidence that we have met in person during the last two years
    • Written statement stating the exact dates on which we have met in person
    • Copy of airline tickets
    • Passport pages
    • Photographs
  • Form G-325 A from you and me
    • Form:
    • Instructions:
  • Passport style color photographs from you and me
    • both photos taken within 30 days of the date of filing this petition
    • white background, be glossy, un-retouched, and unmounted
    • The dimension of the full frontal facial image should be about one inch from your chin to the top of your hair
    • Using a pencil or felt pen, lightly print the name (and Alien Registration Number, if known) on the back of each photograph.

Where to file? Please see our Web site at www.uscis.gov/I-129F or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 for the most current information about where to file this benefit request.

School Record and Certificate of Religious Rite you dont need as far as I know, at least not for my country. Everything Else you are good! Again like the other member said, if you look for K-1 visa you will get the step by step guide on this website! Good luck!

K1 Visa

Service Center :         Texas Service Center

Transferred?               California Service Center on 2014-08-11

Consulate :                Dominican Republic

I-129F Sent :              2014-05-15

I-129F NOA1 :            2014-05-22                

I-129F NOA2 :            2014-09-16

NVC Received :         2014-10-07

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :           2014-10-09

NVC Left : 2014-10-22

Consulate Received :  2014-10-23

Interview Date :          2015-01-13 

Interview Result :       Approved:                 

Marriage :  2015-06-06

Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 117 days from your NOA1 date.  Your interview took 236 days from your I-129F NOA1 date

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17  

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved : Yes     Green Card Received: 2015-10-20

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved Date :         2015-07-02

Date Card Received :  2015-07-15   ----Estimates/Stats :Your EAD was approved in 82 days.

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :               Vermont Service Center

Date Filed :                2017-07-17

NOA Date :                2017-08-01

RFE(s) :    2018-11-16

Bio. Appt. :                2017-09-06

Interview Date :          No-Interview

Approval / Denial Date :   2018-12-18

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :        Yes

Green Card Received :               

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I found the Guides and FAQ's on here to be great resources.

You will not need the Rites and School parts. However, if any of you have been previously married, you will need proof that those marriages were terminated, either by divorce, annulment or death. You'll also need a birth certificate for the beneficiary.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

SparklePony: I found the Guides and FAQ's on here to be great resources.

You will not need the Rites and School parts. However, if any of you have been previously married, you will need proof that those marriages were terminated, either by divorce, annulment or death. You'll also need a birth certificate for the beneficiary.

I got confused the statements that I highlighted posted by "SparklePony" you'll also need Birth Certifiicate for the Beneficiary...

I just need more clarification about this...My understanding to the guidelines is that Birth Certificate only for the US Citizen for the Application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The birth certificate of the beneficiary is not required for the I-129F petition. It will be required later for the K-1 visa interview.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Ooops, my bad - I was really convinced it was, for some reason.

Sorry! :)

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.