cthuskies99

USCIS home visit

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This is the second time I posted about this. I am not sure where my message went. But I was wondering if anyone has been visited by the USCIS at their home. I was last month but I am still waiting for a decision on my case

If you do a search on VJ at the top of the page using key word like USCIS home visit, immigration officer visit ...etc, will turn out plenty of examples.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

This is the second time I posted about this. I am not sure where my message went. But I was wondering if anyone has been visited by the USCIS at their home. I was last month but I am still waiting for a decision on my case

Hello I was visited, very brief and to the point. The officer was polite and asked us general q's. When met, married, been married before, etc. Wife and I at the same time nothing separate. He actually pushed my case out of AP by helping me out with suggestions on what to do. Sure enough after following his advice, went submitted the paperwork he said...wala bam!!! Case went from AP to Ready to Issued within a week! He was a blessing!!

Timeline

My visit was about the same. The only that differs was there has not been any action by USCIS on my case. It is almost like I am being punished for making a mistake on my first file. I really am so tired about this. I even have my US congressman looking at my case. Hopefully they will see that it is time for them to make a decision. Even my lawyer says my case borders on abuse by USCIS.

Have you looked into a Writ of Mandamus? How long have you been waiting?

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Timeline

It has been over 8 months since my interview. The writ would probably work the only problem is I don't know how to fill one out. So I would be looking at more lawyer fees. Something I am trying to avoid considering I have I already paid 3,000 dollars in lawyer fees and around the same amount with USCIS. I was really hoping and praying that my case would come to a conclusion and I would receive my Green card. It is just so frustrating because I can't even apply for a student loan and go to college because my SSN is valid for work only. That is what everyone thinks. That I just want to go home for a vacation. Not true at all. It is also going to school and improving my life.

I hear that. It took me two years to get my residency permit when I moved to the Netherlands. I wasn't allowed to work, go to school, or even be insured. It was not a fun time.

Have you tried contacting your congresspeople/senators? Or the ombudsman?

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It is almost like I am being punished for making a mistake on my first file. I really am so tired about this.

What mistake did you make? You could be under extra scrutiny as a result.

Timeline

The first time I filed my I-130 I did not include evidence proving marriage. Basically it was an improper filing. It was denied 5 months later. I hired a lawyer immediately and she suggested I refile. USCIS has said they are waiting for both files to arrive together then they will give me an answer. That was 9 months ago

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

So you filed an I-130 on its own last time but failed to attach the marriage certificate and instead of issuing an RFE or rejecting the package they issued a denial after 5 months and then you refiled with a full AOS package (I-485, I-864 etc etc) with the full $1490 fee for it all? Did you apply for an EAD/AP? If so do you have that?

Timeline

I have my Work authorization. But it is only good for applying for work. Honestly I have no idea what they are waiting on. When they came to visit my home their last words to me was. Expect a decision "very soon". I guess very soon means 6 months or so. I called my lawyer after the visit and she said that she is pretty sure USCIS must make a decision 6 months after a home visit. Regarding the visit. They only wanted to see my passport and my daughter's birth certificate. The funny part about my daughter is that my process is so old she is nowhere to be found on any of my paperwork.

Timeline

I have pretty much tried everything. I called my US Rep and an ombudsman. They say they will ask about my case. But I am pretty sure they will get the same answer I have been getting. "It is in process". It is a joke. At my interview they said. "I just need to request your first file to arrive, and you will get a decision" They even knew exactly where my file is located. After the 6 month waiting period ended. Our lawyer filed an inquiry for us and they were confused. They told her that my case should be in archives and a decision was already made. Off course my lawyer said, no you never made one. Their response "well we made a mistake and we will make this case a priority" Did we ever receive anything in the mail saying "sorry but we made a mistake and we will try to correct this is ASAP. Off course not. .

Timeline

Oh I forgot to answer your first question. Yes, I filed an I-130 without any evidence. It was a mistake on my part. But I have known people that made mistakes and actually received a letter from USCIS to correct the mistake. Well they certainly did not do that for me. The cashed my check very quickly though.

Timeline

Good news. I received an email from USCIS and it says that my I-130 and I-485 have both been approved! I will receive my green card within 30 days. Thank God!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.