Statesbound

IRS transcript not available for 2013. What should we do?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The closer I get to sending in the AOS the more questions seem to arise! So my husband filed his taxes yesterday. We are ready to send our AOS package when we realized that now we are sort of in between. He has filed taxes but doesn't have a transcript to show proof. We filled out the I864 with the last three years (2010-2012) and have IRS transcripts for all those years. I can not delay sending this any longer as I am out of status and really need a SSN. So, should we just leave it as is? or should we redo it putting what he filed for in 2013 and not send an IRS transcript? Is there something else we should send instead of the IRS transcript that works??

Also, I did NOT tick the box in part 6 #13 form I-864 saying we filed for the most recent year only (because it says ONLY) in bold so I am assuming we just check the box saying we included all three years? This one confused me so much!

Thank you to all who can help! I appreciate it so much!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Your 1040 form and W-2 will work, since it takes IRS 6-8 weeks to make transcript once you file.

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The closer I get to sending in the AOS the more questions seem to arise! So my husband filed his taxes yesterday. We are ready to send our AOS package when we realized that now we are sort of in between. He has filed taxes but doesn't have a transcript to show proof. We filled out the I864 with the last three years (2010-2012) and have IRS transcripts for all those years. I can not delay sending this any longer as I am out of status and really need a SSN. So, should we just leave it as is? or should we redo it putting what he filed for in 2013 and not send an IRS transcript? Is there something else we should send instead of the IRS transcript that works??

Also, I did NOT tick the box in part 6 #13 form I-864 saying we filed for the most recent year only (because it says ONLY) in bold so I am assuming we just check the box saying we included all three years? This one confused me so much!

You can send in a complete copy of the return with all forms, schedules, attachments, W-2s and/or 1099s in place of the transcript. You just need to make sure it is a complete copy.

You need to fill out the I-864 using 2011, 2012 and 2013. Those are the last 3 years of taxes now, since today is the deadline for filing.

It states you are only including the most recent tax return, not that you only filed the most recent. The other box states you are sending in all 3 years of tax returns.

I have filed a Federal tax return for each of the three

most recent tax years. I have attached the required

photocopy or transcript of my Federal tax return for

only the most recent tax year.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your 1040 form and W-2 will work, since it takes IRS 6-8 weeks to make transcript once you file.

We e-filed our 2013 Federal income tax the first week of March 2014, have received our refund. I ordered the 2013 tax transcript the first week of April 2014, and received it last week. B-) YMMV

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I believe the transcript is available not too long after you receive the refund, and you can print the transcript out for yourself now. No need to have them mail it to you. http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Ok thank you all so much for the input. To clarify I will redo the form using the 2013 info for tax returns and use 1040 and W2s instead of IRS transcript.

I will not check the box in part 6 #13 just the #14 box bc I am including ALL 3 yrs. Correct??

Timeline

Ok thank you all so much for the input. To clarify I will redo the form using the 2013 info for tax returns and use 1040 and W2s instead of IRS transcript.

I will not check the box in part 6 #13 just the #14 box bc I am including ALL 3 yrs. Correct??

Make sure there are no other forms included in the tax filing besides the 1040 and W-2. And I know it is worded strangely, but check them both if you are sending in all 3 because #14 is optional and only states you are including the second and third year of taxes.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Filed: Timeline

I send my package with out the transcript although I called IRS and requested them they never arrived....!!!!

• (0 Days) 02/08/14---- I485, I130, I765 Sent
  • (2 Days) 02/10/14 ---- USPS.COM package deliver
  • (12 Days) 02/19/14 ---- NOA Received for all apps
  • (20 Days) 02/27/14 ---- NOA1 Biometrics app for I485, I765 Appointment for 03/13/14
  • (21 Days) 02/28/14 ---- Successful walk in for biometrics at local UCIS Miami --- Same day license renew
  • (48 Days) 03/27/14 ----- Driver License arrived
  • (54 Days) 04/02/14 ----- Status change online for I485 "testing Interview"
  • (61 Days) 04/09/14 ----- Called UCIS to expedite my I765
  • (62 Days) 04/10/14 ----- Meet with my congressman asking him to call on my behalf to expedite my I765
  • (63 Days) 04/11/14 ----- Email recieved from USCIS Requesting proof of financial hardship and job offer FAX SENT @16:02 04/11/14
  • (68 Days) 04/16/14 ----- EAD Status change to "CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION" :dance: :dance: :dance: ----- notification Via E-mail and Txt
  • (73 days) 04-21-14 ----- As per USCIS Email EAD was Mailed today Tracking number ETA 4/23 As per USPS.com
  • (76 days) 04-24-14 ----- EAD arrived a day later than the USPS estimate, I went to SSA to apply
  • (83 Days) 05-01-14 ----- SSC Arrived AND THE NUMBER IS 123-45-6789 ....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • (95 Days) 05-13-14 ----- I485 interview date sent for June 16, 2014
  • (134 DAYS) 05-16-14 ------ INTERVIEW DAY........ OUTCOME IO SAY THEY WILL MAKE A DECISION IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS
  • (143 DAYS)06-25-14 ------ - E-MAIL & TXT RECEIVED FROM USCIS STATUS CHANGE FOR CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION THANK GOD....!!!!!!
  • (145 DAYS)06-27-14 ----- GC ARRIVED TODAY IN THE MAIL........

I-751 Process Start

• 05-02---- I-751 Sent
  • 05-04 ---- Package arrived as per USPS Online
  • 05-10----- Proof of delivery confirmation arrived USPS
  • 05-16 ---- NOA1 Received
  • 06-13 ----- biometrics done

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We e-filed our 2013 Federal income tax the first week of March 2014, have received our refund. I ordered the 2013 tax transcript the first week of April 2014, and received it last week. B-) YMMV

Sorry I didn't mention it but if you do e-file then you will receive your transcript faster than mailing the tax paper.

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Timeline

I send my package with out the transcript although I called IRS and requested them they never arrived....!!!!

You can print the transcript out for yourself now. No need to have them mail it to you. http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

If you did not send in a complete copy of your most recent tax return or an IRS transcript with the I-864, then you might as well print it out and get it ready to send in for when you get your RFE.

Timeline

Sorry I didn't mention it but if you do e-file then you will receive your transcript faster than mailing the tax paper.

We did e-file, but he hasn't even got his refund yet so I don't think they have even processed it. We ended up sending the 1040 and w2's as well as the 1099 for 2013. I hope that will work! Thanks for all the responses everyone!

Edited by Statesbound

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I e-filed and 5 days later was able to print my tax receipt online. Then it was several days after that I received my refund. I went to the IRS site to see where my refund was and it said it was processed. That is when I went to the online site to request it.

Make sure there are no other forms included in the tax filing besides the 1040 and W-2. And I know it is worded strangely, but check them both if you are sending in all 3 because #14 is optional and only states you are including the second and third year of taxes.

what do you mean by no other forms?

Timeline

what do you mean by no other forms?

The I-864 requires a complete copy of the return or an IRS transcript. The complete copy is everything you did/would have needed to mail to the IRS to file. So, all forms, schedules, attachments, W-2s and/or 1099s are needed. Whatever made up your entire tax return filing, OR an IRS transcript.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I did not sent transcripts, I ask IRS twice never get then I send W-2's and 1040 Forms

• (0 Days) 02/08/14---- I485, I130, I765 Sent
  • (2 Days) 02/10/14 ---- USPS.COM package deliver
  • (12 Days) 02/19/14 ---- NOA Received for all apps
  • (20 Days) 02/27/14 ---- NOA1 Biometrics app for I485, I765 Appointment for 03/13/14
  • (21 Days) 02/28/14 ---- Successful walk in for biometrics at local UCIS Miami --- Same day license renew
  • (48 Days) 03/27/14 ----- Driver License arrived
  • (54 Days) 04/02/14 ----- Status change online for I485 "testing Interview"
  • (61 Days) 04/09/14 ----- Called UCIS to expedite my I765
  • (62 Days) 04/10/14 ----- Meet with my congressman asking him to call on my behalf to expedite my I765
  • (63 Days) 04/11/14 ----- Email recieved from USCIS Requesting proof of financial hardship and job offer FAX SENT @16:02 04/11/14
  • (68 Days) 04/16/14 ----- EAD Status change to "CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION" :dance: :dance: :dance: ----- notification Via E-mail and Txt
  • (73 days) 04-21-14 ----- As per USCIS Email EAD was Mailed today Tracking number ETA 4/23 As per USPS.com
  • (76 days) 04-24-14 ----- EAD arrived a day later than the USPS estimate, I went to SSA to apply
  • (83 Days) 05-01-14 ----- SSC Arrived AND THE NUMBER IS 123-45-6789 ....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • (95 Days) 05-13-14 ----- I485 interview date sent for June 16, 2014
  • (134 DAYS) 05-16-14 ------ INTERVIEW DAY........ OUTCOME IO SAY THEY WILL MAKE A DECISION IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS
  • (143 DAYS)06-25-14 ------ - E-MAIL & TXT RECEIVED FROM USCIS STATUS CHANGE FOR CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION THANK GOD....!!!!!!
  • (145 DAYS)06-27-14 ----- GC ARRIVED TODAY IN THE MAIL........

I-751 Process Start

• 05-02---- I-751 Sent
  • 05-04 ---- Package arrived as per USPS Online
  • 05-10----- Proof of delivery confirmation arrived USPS
  • 05-16 ---- NOA1 Received
  • 06-13 ----- biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.