aelix

2 Qs: evidence of relationship, editing photos

7 posts in this topic

Hi all

Couple of quick Qs:

1. We've already had our I-130 approved and I've now sent off my DS-260 and I-864s. I've seen a few threads about people putting together photo books and collecting personal correspondence to prove the genuineness of their marriage - am I right in thinking that having passed the I-130 stage I won't need to do anything further on this front? Or is there a later point (e.g. interview) where I'll have to roll all that info out again?
  2. I haven't been able to find a local place that will do US passport photos as required for the DS-260 (IV application). I can get Australian and British but US is not a common request here. I've taken a bunch of photos with my SLR and have used the tool on the US NVC page to size them correctly, but I'm wondering if I can use Photoshop to get rid of the minor shadows behind my ears and make the background more uniformly white? You can see my current photo attempt below...

Many thanks

Alex

post-165523-0-14029200-1397516373_thumb.jpg

I-130 sent: 06-May-13

I-130 NOA1: 13-May-13

I-130 approved: 01-Apr-14 [323 days]

I-864 fee paid: 01-Apr-14

IV fee paid: 07-Apr-14

I-864 submitted: 09-Apr-14

DS-260 submitted: 12-Apr-14

DS-260 docs sent: 28-Apr-14

I-864 checklist rec'd: 14-May-14

Case complete @ NVC: 24-Jun-14

Medical completed: 10-Aug-14

Interview date: 5-Aug-14

Visa & packet rec'd: 7-Aug-14

POE: 14-Oct-14

1. The most important assessment of the validity of your relationship is at the interview, not for the I-130 petition.

2. I would just retake the photos against a white wall. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Thanks, I'll redo the photos as suggested. When the interview is scheduled do they ask you to bring evidence of relationship and provide a checklist of suggested docs?

Hey there aelix...might be a bit late and assuming you are in Australia currently...when I had my photos taken I just went into my local Aussie post in the burbs and told them I needed US passport size photos - had no problems at all.

All the best and have an awesome day! :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Don't do a "photo book". It will not fit through the opening. Just take along some updated photos printed however you like but loose. Then take any updated relationship evidence you have. No need to go overboard on this.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.