paradise4ever22

my USA fiance is coming to stay

8 posts in this topic

Hello can you please help, my fiance is coming to stay with me for a month, then we were going back to the states to meet her family,

but my vistor visa has been denied with not enough evidence that I will return to my country, as I am not working at the moment.

We want to get married, but after looking at all the information will it be better to get married in my country and then apply for a K3 or

apply to go to the States on a K1, I will need a second sponsor as my fiance is only working part time, and her mother wants to be a sponsor,

does this make a difference for what visa we should be doing? I am worried that the K1 sponsor has to be a relative and if so she could not be my sponsor until after we are married and then she becomes a relative?

we want to get married either way but just wondering what the best way to do it is. and which way would be quicker for us to go to the states?

thanks in advance for any thoughts

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~moved from k-1 process to what visa do i need forum~

~inquiry about family visas~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It would help.,. iF you would fill in your timeline.,.,no one knows anything about you, WITHOUT, your timeline!

You seem to have many options.,.,just fill in your time line!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello can you please help, my fiance is coming to stay with me for a month, then we were going back to the states to meet her family,

but my vistor visa has been denied with not enough evidence that I will return to my country, as I am not working at the moment.

We want to get married, but after looking at all the information will it be better to get married in my country and then apply for a K3 or

apply to go to the States on a K1, I will need a second sponsor as my fiance is only working part time, and her mother wants to be a sponsor,

does this make a difference for what visa we should be doing? I am worried that the K1 sponsor has to be a relative and if so she could not be my sponsor until after we are married and then she becomes a relative?

we want to get married either way but just wondering what the best way to do it is. and which way would be quicker for us to go to the states?

thanks in advance for any thoughts

Isn't New Zealand on the visa waiver program? Just curious why you opted to apply for a tourist visa instead?

K3 is mostly obsolete. You'd be looking at the CR-1 (spousal) vs the K-1 (fiance). Unfortunately neither will allow you to enter the US within a month's time. Any US citizen or LPR can be a co-sponsor, so your fiance's mom qualifies. Here is the comparison chart for the various visa types (ignore K3), look through it and see which one meets your needs better (and don't just think of time lol): http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Having been denied a visitors visa you will probably be waiting for the visa there. There is usually one visa type that is faster than the other , currently the K1 seems faster ( which means you will marry in the US ) but that can change at any time. Most times it is the USC that travels during the wait so obligations and work can make it seem like an long lonely journey.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

K1 is faster but more expensive. Cr1 takes longer but you can work and travel right away. Look thru the comparison guides and decide what is right for you guys. Joint sponsor can be anyone as long as they are domiciled in the usa, are a USC or LPR, and meet the poverty guidelines.

It would help.,. iF you would fill in your timeline.,.,no one knows anything about you, WITHOUT, your timeline!

You seem to have many options.,.,just fill in your time line!

Considering they havent filed anything how do you expect them to HAVE a timeline?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Isn't New Zealand on the visa waiver program? Just curious why you opted to apply for a tourist visa instead?

K3 is mostly obsolete. You'd be looking at the CR-1 (spousal) vs the K-1 (fiance). Unfortunately neither will allow you to enter the US within a month's time. Any US citizen or LPR can be a co-sponsor, so your fiance's mom qualifies. Here is the comparison chart for the various visa types (ignore K3), look through it and see which one meets your needs better (and don't just think of time lol): http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

Thankyou very much for your reply, yes you are right NZ is on the visa waiver, but because I am not working at the moment and had more time than the 3mths I decided to see if I could apply to go for 6mths, not realizing if I was denied that I now can not go over on a visa waiver :(

been one big disappointment, so now im studying up on everything I can to get it right.

thanks for telling me about the CR-1

I realise I won't be able to go in a months time, working this end at getting her visa extended so hopefully we can stay together before I can go to USA.

thanks for your help :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

That sucks... I know of a few VWP people that happened to, applied for a visa, now can't use VWP... Sorry... Right now k1 is faster (6-9 months vs 10-14 for cr1) co sponsor does not have to be a relative... Apply now so you can pass at least s e of the wait together... Good luck...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.