M-A-F

Confusion about the "second checklist"

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I have a question about the second unclear checklist that I received.

On Feb 5th, 2014, I completed every step of the visa process: Affidavit of support, the payments, the visa application along with ALL supporting documents. I both emailed a copy and sent everything through postal mail, because my case is not electronic.

On March 3rd, 2014, I received an email from NVC with a checklist that looks like this:

March 3, 2014 NVC Case Number: ABDxxxxxxxxxx Dear xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

We have reviewed the documents which you submitted in support of an application for an immigrant visa. Please review the information listed under each applicant's name and provide any documents which are indicated as missing or need additional information. You must submit the required information. Failure to provide the requested information will delay your immigrant visa interview.

Please read the enclosed information to determine where to send all required copies of missing documents. If you have any questions regarding this letter, please call the National Visa Center at (603) 334-0700 between the hours of 7:30am and midnight ET.

Please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence and write your case number clearly (exactly as it appears below) on the upper right-hand corner of all documents.

From the date you mail or transmit the requested information, please allow 20 business days for NVC to review this documentation/your mail. When we complete our review, the NVC will notify you/petitioner/beneficiary/attorney with information regarding the next processing step.

If a period of one year passes without contacting the NVC (by e-mail, telephone, or mail), all submitted fees and documents will expire. Upon expiration, the fees and documents would need to be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

Case Number: Beneficiary's Name: Preference Category: Priority Date:

ABDxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx, xxx CR1 - CONDITIONAL SPOUSE OF U.S. CITIZEN 26MAR2013

*ZZ*National Visa Center

Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet ______________________________________________

You must use this cover sheet when you physically submit forms and/or supporting documents to the NVC.

Place a legible copy of this form on the top of each submission and mail to the address given below.

Note: Failure to use this cover sheet will delay your visa. Use this cover sheet only for the case number indicated

below.

Information for any other case(s) being mailed in the package

same must include the cover sheet for that case.

National Visa Center ATTN: DR 31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100 Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Do Not use this cover sheet if you are submitting forms and/or supporting documents by e-mail (Electronic Processing).

Instead, type your NVC case number in the subject line of the e-mail message. Follow the directions on www.immigrantvisas.state.gov to correctly scan and submit forms and documents.

ABDxxxxxxxxxx

*ABDxxxxxxxxxx*

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: xxxxxxx xxx

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the address provided.

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

A review of the I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A (if applicable) Affidavit of Support form and supporting documents that you submitted has revealed that you have provided incomplete information in your response or you have not responded to some questions.

Please pay specific attention to the questions marked in the attached I-864/A checklist. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes noted on the attached checklist.

You will need to follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support (I-864) that are posted on the Department of State website at the following address: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. From there, you can fill out a new form online, print the new completed form and mail it to NVC. If you are the Petitioner, please read all instructions and complete the correct form to submit to NVC. An Affidavit of Support form is required to be submitted from the Petitioner on each case regardless of his/her income level.

NVC will hold this case until you send us these needed items. When you return the documents to NVC, please make sure that the documents submitted are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in the I-864 Important Notice instructions.

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the address provided.

______5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE:____________________________________

The document you submitted is not an original or certified copy of an original issued by the appropriate government authority. The document must be an original, or a certified copy of the original, bearing the original seal or stamp from the issuing authority.

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxx Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, & Financial Evidence Checklist)

Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing instructions.

I-864, Affidavit of Support Checklist

[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review, we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864 form and instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.

[x]

In Part 1. Basis for Filing Affidavit of Support, please correct the following... [x]

In Part 2. Information on the Principal Immigrant, please correct the following... [x]

In Part 3, Information on the Immigrant(s) You are sponsoring, please correct the following... [x]

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following... [x]

In Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size, please correct the following... [x]

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following... [x] You must enter the household member's current income in item ___6.c________________________________ . [x] You must enter the household member's relationship to you in item __6.b_________________________________ . [x] You must enter the household member's name in item __________6.a_________________________ . [x] You must add ____xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx_______________________________ as a household member in Part

6, as he or she filed a Form I-864A. [x] Item 13.a. You must include your _____2012______________________________ tax and income information. [x] Items 13.a.1. The income you enter must match the total (gross) income reported on your most recent Federal

income tax return. If you filed Form 1040EZ, use the adjusted gross income instead.

[x]

In Part 8, Sponsor's Contract, please correct the following... [x]

The Form I-864 we received was missing the following page(s). Please ensure you include all nine pages when you resubmit the form.

[x]

You must submit the following financial evidence: [x]

NVC Special Instructions [x]

[J9P 03/03/2014] ABDxxxxxxxxxx

So I called NVC the same day and a representative told me exactly what to do. He said to just fix the mistakes on the form I-864 and send them and that is all I need to do.

I called...they had received the package on the march,7 2014

Again On march 24th I received a second checklist that looks like this:

March 24, 2014 NVC Case Number: ABDxxxxxxxxxx Dear xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx:

We have reviewed the documents which you submitted in support of an application for an immigrant visa. Please review the information listed under each applicant's name and provide any documents which are indicated as missing or need additional information. You must submit the required information. Failure to provide the requested information will delay your immigrant visa interview.

Please read the enclosed information to determine where to send all required copies of missing documents. If you have any questions regarding this letter, please call the National Visa Center at (603) 334-0700 between the hours of 7:30am and midnight ET.

Please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence and write your case number clearly (exactly as it appears below) on the upper right-hand corner of all documents.

From the date you mail or transmit the requested information, please allow 20 business days for NVC to review this documentation/your mail. When we complete our review, the NVC will notify you/petitioner/beneficiary/attorney with information regarding the next processing step.

If a period of one year passes without contacting the NVC (by e-mail, telephone, or mail), all submitted fees and documents will expire. Upon expiration, the fees and documents would need to be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

Case Number: Beneficiary's Name: Preference Category: Priority Date:

ABDxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxx CR1 - CONDITIONAL SPOUSE OF U.S. CITIZEN 26MAR2013

*ZZ*National Visa Center

Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet ______________________________________________

You must use this cover sheet when you physically submit forms and/or supporting documents to the NVC.

Place a legible copy of this form on the top of each submission and mail to the address given below.

Note: Failure to use this cover sheet will delay your visa. Use this cover sheet only for the case number indicated

below.

Information for any other case(s) being mailed in the package

same must include the cover sheet for that case.

National Visa Center ATTN: DR 31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100 Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Do Not use this cover sheet if you are submitting forms and/or supporting documents by e-mail (Electronic Processing).

Instead, type your NVC case number in the subject line of the e-mail message. Follow the directions on www.immigrantvisas.state.gov to correctly scan and submit forms and documents.

ABDxxxxxxxxxx

*ABDxxxxxxxxxx*

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: xxxxxx xxx

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________

The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) or supporting documents. However, we are still waiting for the response to the checklist letter for the Immigrant Visa Application or civil documentation. Please return the requested information so that we may complete the processing of your case. [M3W 03/24/2014] ABDxxxxxxxxxx

Ever since I received this email, I've called NVC 3 times and all three times they've told me that it looks like we are waiting on your original marriage certificate. But I already sent everything and I triple checked before sending them...Unless they lost it.

I am worried and confused? Is this a FALSE CHECKLIST or not??!?!?! Should I send them another marriage certificate or not? Please help!!! Thank You So much

As the checklist states, they're waiting on a response from the initial checklist on the marriage certificate. This isn't a false checklist; they don't ask for specific things (but rather an entire package). If you're sure the certificate you sent is what NVC requires, then you can call up NVC and speak with a supervisor. They can initiate a review to look at the document again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Thank You for responding.

But does the first checklist indicate that my original marriage certificate is also missing?

If so, can I send them an original translation that I got here in the U.S. or does the translation have to be from the country that i got married in?

Thank You for responding.

But does the first checklist indicate that my original marriage certificate is also missing?

If so, can I send them an original translation that I got here in the U.S. or does the translation have to be from the country that i got married in?

No, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's missing (although this could be the case), but that it doesn't meet their requirements.

Doesn't matter where the translation comes from, as long as it's correct.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.