bigboss19

Sending India Police Certificate (split topic)

4 posts in this topic

I have big confusion over sending the Original Indian Police clearance certi to NVC,,,,,,Please need some clarification based on experience at Mumbai consulate,,

As per Mumbai US consulate ,,applicant must have original PCC at time of interview....without that not allowed to enter,,check the link frm mumbai consulate ( http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/395145/pereirals/Packet4-Infosheet-IV.pdf )

Now i have only one original Indian PCC...which i have to send it to NVC with IV package documents,,,,i think we have to send the original one,,otherwise can get checklist query frm NVC....and case wont be completed without submiting original PCC..

So..i am the NVC stage ,,,ready to send IV civil documents....got big confusion over this,,becoz i read different info. some says we dont need to send original pcc to nvc frm india...some says u dont need original pcc at interview as nvc mailed all file at consulate..( but wht if they wont allow to interview without tht ) ...some says u get 2 originals....i have only one..do i have to apply another one....

Can People who passed from this stage...and had interview at mumbai consulate can provide true guidance over this ..

what did indian applicants did,,,,have you guys sent the original to nvc,,,,what happens at mumbai consulate,,,will they ask for original pcc ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have big confusion over sending the Original Indian Police clearance certi to NVC,,,,,,Please need some clarification based on experience at Mumbai consulate,,

As per Mumbai US consulate ,,applicant must have original PCC at time of interview....without that not allowed to enter,,check the link frm mumbai consulate ( http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/395145/pereirals/Packet4-Infosheet-IV.pdf )

Now i have only one original Indian PCC...which i have to send it to NVC with IV package documents,,,,i think we have to send the original one,,otherwise can get checklist query frm NVC....and case wont be completed without submiting original PCC..

So..i am the NVC stage ,,,ready to send IV civil documents....got big confusion over this,,becoz i read different info. some says we dont need to send original pcc to nvc frm india...some says u dont need original pcc at interview as nvc mailed all file at consulate..( but wht if they wont allow to interview without tht ) ...some says u get 2 originals....i have only one..do i have to apply another one....

Can People who passed from this stage...and had interview at mumbai consulate can provide true guidance over this ..

what did indian applicants did,,,,have you guys sent the original to nvc,,,,what happens at mumbai consulate,,,will they ask for original pcc ??

I haven't been through it yet, but I don't think it is that strict that if you don't have the original you won't get in. Because if you read the whole PDF, it also says original plus photocopy of Birth Certificate...which is exactly what you are required to send to NVC. Yes, I've heard of people saying they will bring the original PCC to the Interview and NVC being okay with that, but I don't think the same applies for the Birth Cert. You MUST send the original Birth Certificate to the NVC. I think this PDF is a catch all for immigrant visa applicants....all the documents they are requested be carried to the interview are ones we have submitted to NVC...NVC sends your whole packet to the embassy so the docs will essentially be there before you.

And from my understanding of the process, you get all the docs back at the first window after getting your token number upon arrival at the embassy. I wouldn't worry.

event.png
04/11/13 - NOA1 for I-130
12/10/13 - NOA2 for I-130
12/20/13 - Case Received by NVC
01/17/14 - Case # & invoice # assigned (called twice per week)
01/23/14 - DS-261 available & submitted
01/24/14 - AOS payment invoiced
01/28/14 - Paid AOS fee, status "in process"
01/30/14 - AOS Fee status "PAID"
01/31/14 - IV fee invoiced & paid, status "in process"
02/03/14 - AOS Package mailed via USPS w/tracking
02/04/14 - IV Fee status "PAID", DS-260 available.
02/05/14 - DS-260 submitted, IV Package mailed via DHL w/tracking
02/06/14 - USPS tracking confirms AOS package arrived @NVC
02/07/14 - DHL tracking confirms IV package arrived @NVC
02/07/14 - AOS package entered into system
02/10/14 - IV package entered into system
03/04/14 - Checklist received for joint sponsor's I-864 (requesting 2013 tax transcripts)
03/06/14 - Mailed Response to AOS checklist
03/06/14 - Received IV Package FALSE checklist
03/10/14 - USPS tracking confirms AOS checklist response arrived @NVC
03/13/14 - AOS checklist response entered into system
03/28/14 - CASE COMPLETE with checklist for corrected joint sponsor I-864 to be carried to interview.
04/02/14 - Interview Date assigned, May 13, Mumbai!
04/13/14 - Interview complete...221g given requesting I-864a from co-sponsor's spouse
04/16/14 - FedExed I-864a and evidences to Mumbai.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Post split into separate thread, duplicate postings in other threads removed. Please start your own thread when you have questions about your case instead of posting multiple times in different threads.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Call NVC and they will tell you for Mumbai of its acceptable not to send original pcc.

Also when did they give you only one copy? They have me 2.

------------------------

17 APRIL 2013 : NOA1 Priority date
27 NOV: TSC; Transfered from NBC

3 Feb : NOA2 ( 296 days)

4 March: Shipped to NVC

11 March : Received at NVC

11 April: Case # assigned

18 April: paid both fees

9May: mailed AOS & IV packages

8May: DS260 completed

16May: packets scanned in NVC system

13 June: check list : missing page 7 of i864.

25 June : scan date AOS checklist

7 Aug: Case Complete...... BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT

14 Aug: interview date assigned

16 Aug: Email interview appointment received

18 Aug: Medical completed

23 Aug: biometric done,DS260 stamped, fingerprints taken.

10 Sep: interview day; interview took 511 days from I-130 NOA1

====================================================

11. 9/17/2016: I-751 packet received by CSC

12.Check Cashed : 9/21/2016

13. NOA1: 9/23/2016

14. BIOMETRICS : 10/12/2016

---------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.