Ron-Tanya

Bringing Belarus Mother inlaw to US for a visit?

1 member has voted

1. 1. How to bring Belarus inlaw to US for a visit?

• I do not understand this??
    • Must be somewhere that explains this??

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

We would like to bring my wife's mother her for a 5-6 month visit. She is in her early 60's and would have to either go to Warsaw or Moscow to the US embassy. She is married and has other children in Belarus also an apartment that is hers. She does not speak Polish and has not done any traveling outside of her country. So we think that going to Moscow is a better option for her, but a long hard expensive trip for her alone.

Has anyone from Belarus brought thier inlaws here that were under 70 years old? Please let us know which embassy you used and what all was required?

Edited by Ron-Tanya

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My MIL is from Russia not Belarus but we have brought her here a few times with little difficulty. Most of the application process can be done online and then they set up an interview and that is pretty much it. I am sure this isn't of much help but the process is pretty straight forward and once you get the first visa you can get future ones without an interview.

Edited by Turboguy

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Ron, Warsaw is for k1 applicants. Her only options are Moscow or Kiev.

OUR K-1 JOURNEYMET ONLINE 2011MET IN BELARUS 2012SHE SAID YES!! 2012NOA1 06/22/2012WENT TO GREECE TOGETHER 08/01/2012VISITED HER IN BELARUS 11/07/2012NOA2 VIA EMAIL 12/05/2012EMBASSY INTERVIEW 02/13/2013VISA ISSUED 02/14/2013ARRIVED IN THE U.S. 02/26/2013MARRIED 03/16/2013AOS,EAD,AP FIled 04/02/2013NOA1 04/10/2013Biometrics completed 05/07/2013EAD card sent for production 06/13/2013EAD/AP card arrived in mail. 06/21/2013AOS approved 10/21/2013Green card arrived via mail 10/31/2013Removal of conditions mailed 08/04/2015 10 year card approved 06/08/2016 <p>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Surprised nobody has questioned your sanity of wanting your MIL to move in for 6 months.

Can you get Travel Insurance for that period in Belarus, at that age you can not in the UK.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Well, I know it will tax my nerves (lol) she's really a nice lady. As for insurance a friend brought his mother inlaw here from Belarus and had travel insurance from there. And the lady was over 70.

Timeline

Hi Ron,

I am from Belarus. I became a US citizen in December, 2013. My mom came to visit this past February and had no problems.

The whole application was submitted and paid for online and we chose Mocscow for her interview. She was in and out of the embassy - pretty quick process. I understand that since I am a citizen she was 90% guaranteed a US visa.

The officer did ask her whether she wanted the visa for 6 months or 1 year. She chose 6 months since she was planning to visit only for 2 weeks. The visa only allowed for 1 entry to the US. It is unfortunate, as far as I know Russian citizens can get a visa for up to 3 years.

Also, she flew through Frankfurt and did not need a transit visa. I hope that helps:)

Edited by eseniya

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why or how did you acquire your understanding.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Esenlya, thank you very much for the information and congratulation on your citizenship. We have heard the same from a few people and will also be using Moscow. Tanya is not a US citizen yet but we have a brand new baby who is :dancing: so we hope that will help Grandma in getting her visa.

Boiler, Iam not sure what you are asking?

Timeline

Hi Ron,

I understand that since I am a citizen she was 90% guaranteed a US visa.

He was reffering to this quote Ron.

OUR K-1 JOURNEYMET ONLINE 2011MET IN BELARUS 2012SHE SAID YES!! 2012NOA1 06/22/2012WENT TO GREECE TOGETHER 08/01/2012VISITED HER IN BELARUS 11/07/2012NOA2 VIA EMAIL 12/05/2012EMBASSY INTERVIEW 02/13/2013VISA ISSUED 02/14/2013ARRIVED IN THE U.S. 02/26/2013MARRIED 03/16/2013AOS,EAD,AP FIled 04/02/2013NOA1 04/10/2013Biometrics completed 05/07/2013EAD card sent for production 06/13/2013EAD/AP card arrived in mail. 06/21/2013AOS approved 10/21/2013Green card arrived via mail 10/31/2013Removal of conditions mailed 08/04/2015 10 year card approved 06/08/2016 <p>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.