46 posts in this topic

Ok so my fiance went to his second interview today. Here is what happened.. and a summary of his situation.

He was born in Venezuela but his mother and father are both Dominican Republic citizens. His mother brought him back to the DR when he was 1 years old. She then proceeded to get him a DR birth certificate etc which he has a cedula and passport under. This is also the name etc he applied for visa and used up until now. He has never been to venezuela..etc.

The embassy said that he was from venezuela and he admitted it. and they asked him to write a summary and sign the paper saying that. He did. THen they said they don't know if the relationship is real at all now. They also told him to go and get his venezuela birth certificate and they will see what they can do. They also gave him back his passport.

I know this is bad so please remain as much as possible from the exaggerated "just how bad it is" comments..

should he even bother going back with his venezuela birth certificate? He said its in bad shape by the way and needs to get a new one from venezuela but has been unsuccessful in getting a new one from there.

What I need is advice.. any idea of how to fix it or a good recommendation for a good immigration attorney (not a quack).

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Should I email the embassy at all?

For what?

The US Embassy will not advise you on how to navigate the immigration process.

You have already provided a DR birth certificate when he was in fact born in Venezuela.

You need a lawyer.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

I don't understand why this mix-up with his birth certificate caused the embassy to believe that your relationship is not real. And how could his mother obtain a DR birth certificate when he was in fact born in Venezuela?

greek_american_flag100.gif

Vda4m4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Ok so my fiance went to his second interview today. Here is what happened.. and a summary of his situation.

He was born in Venezuela but his mother and father are both Dominican Republic citizens. His mother brought him back to the DR when he was 1 years old. She then proceeded to get him a DR birth certificate etc which he has a cedula and passport under. This is also the name etc he applied for visa and used up until now. He has never been to venezuela..etc.

The embassy said that he was from venezuela and he admitted it. and they asked him to write a summary and sign the paper saying that. He did. THen they said they don't know if the relationship is real at all now. They also told him to go and get his venezuela birth certificate and they will see what they can do. They also gave him back his passport.

I know this is bad so please remain as much as possible from the exaggerated "just how bad it is" comments..

should he even bother going back with his venezuela birth certificate? He said its in bad shape by the way and needs to get a new one from venezuela but has been unsuccessful in getting a new one from there.

What I need is advice.. any idea of how to fix it or a good recommendation for a good immigration attorney (not a quack).

This is the key concern. Getting the Ven BC should be straighforward....as much as getting a BC from abroad for Ven can be.....but they don't believe you have a legitimate relationship. That is where your focus as the petitioner should be.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I don't understand why this mix-up with his birth certificate caused the embassy to believe that your relationship is not real. And how could his mother obtain a DR birth certificate when he was in fact born in Venezuela?

Fraudulently.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I think the man interviewing him just said that because he was intimidating him. That is what the lawyer just told me. They told him to bring his Venezuela birth certificate now. He thought the man was just saying that but the lawyer thinks it may actually help him. He says his parents have the original birth certificate but it is in very bad shape. They have tried to get a birth certificate from Venezuela before and have not had any luck.

Omg...devastated is not the word... Feel like all is lost.

Yes her and his father went to a place and filed for the dr birth certificate when he was one saying that he was born in the DR and he has had to deal with it now. Wasn't his mistake it was theirs!!

Wow. This story is juicy! I don't have much advice for you unfortunately, but it does sound like a birth certificate might be attainable it is just a matter of talking to the right people in Venezuela. The chaos in that country right now probably wont help a whole lot either.

Very interested to see what comes of this. Good luck to you guys.

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Presenting a DR birth certificate knowing that he was actually born in Venezuela? Sounds very much like misrepresentation. Definitely get a good immigration lawyer - hopefully someone on here will have suggestions.

- I am the beneficiary -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Your fiance and I are in the similar situation. I was born in south China a very small town and immigrated to Canada with my parents when I was little. China doesn't issue official birth certificate until recent. Only thing I have is a yellow piece of paper about my palm size. I bring it to the interview also with notarized report my parents did when immigrate to Canada in 1999. The notarized report have Chinese and English version states my birthday, birth place, and both of my parents name. The consular office exam it carefully and took it.

Maybe you could ask the lawyer to see if you could get a notary report from Birth country. From what I understand, where to do the interview depends on his nationality not birth place. Hope it helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Omg...devastated is not the word... Feel like all is lost.

Yes her and his father went to a place and filed for the dr birth certificate when he was one saying that he was born in the DR and he has had to deal with it now. Wasn't his mistake it was theirs!!

Maybe not the most political advice but you might want to spend your money on paying the right person in Venezuela to get his birth certificate. Just an idea as I have spent much time in Venezuela and that's how to get things done there.

Dec 12th, 2013 – Mailed in I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox.

Dec 13th, 2013 – Package Delivered.

Dec 18th, 2013 - NOA1 Text and Email

Dec 20th, 2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received in mail. Notice date on hardcopy says December 17th.

Jan 24th, 2014 - NOA2 - update on USCIS website

Feb 12th, 2014 - NVC has received our approved I-129F and we were given a Case #

March 15th, 2014 - Passed St. Luke's Medical Exam

March 15. 2014 - Rescheduled Embassy Appointment to March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014 - Visa Approved! :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Presenting a DR birth certificate knowing that he was actually born in Venezuela? Sounds very much like misrepresentation. Definitely get a good immigration lawyer - hopefully someone on here will have suggestions.

It's not a misrepresentation. I have a friend who was in a similar situation. She was born in Canada. She was adopted by American parents when she was 3 years old. When she got here they promptly issued her an American birth certificate. When she first tried to apply for a passport some 20 years later, she had the exact thing happen. They told her they didn't have her original Canadian birth certificate and they needed it before they could issue her passport. She eventually got it to them and when she did they issued the passport.

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.