ShirahBet

Sweet mother of airline ticket fares!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

In the recent approval of my husband's waiver and his impending trip to the consulate tomorrow to drop of his medical and clearances, I was curious to find out how much the one-ways are from either RBA or CMN... and holy expletives, Batman! On Delta, a one-way is averaging $3400 USD. Flights are much cheaper on Kayak but the travel times are 34 hours.

That's really it, I just needed to rant about the price of air travel.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

did you look at round trips? Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a roundtrip and just not take the return, check a variety of return flight times and dates (since you won't use it you can be flexible) and see if that lowers the fare.

Timeline

Thanks, he'll buy the ticket after he gets his passport back from the embassy and he'll probably do exactly that... Although his mother is very ill, it's probably better to buy a round trip anyhow.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

what month is he traveling? I just booked 3 flights to Amman through Delta for May, booked it 2 weeks ago. It was $1230 per ticket round trip. We are flying Air France as part of Delta

PS i booked it right on their site, it was less expensive than any of the travel sites

Timeline

I've always traveled Air France/Delta to Morocco and usually find good rates. I think he'll look at the beginning of April so he can tie up loose ends. I just wanted to cry a little when I saw the one-way fares! Who do they think they're kidding! For that price, he can get a first class round trip ticket...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

search kayak, RT and when u find closer to what you like...hrs and cost then go straight to AF and search the narrowed down dates there. There are always betters fares and flight times out there than what you quoted.

BTW if he is closer to Rabat ....that is a sweet airport and very easy to catch a flight from compared to CMN ( yuck)

event.png

event.png

Yes, the cost of the airfares is outrageous. I felt the same way too. My husband was able to find a 1 way ticket within 1 month of departure through ROYAL MAROC for about $1100 leaving from Casablanca straight to NYC. It was the best price for September 2013 within 1 month of purchasing it for departure.

The price may be high now too because of Spring Break and especially if you don't book 3 month ahead.

Anyhow, congrats to you & your husband reuniting! smile.png

Edited by Ismael&Blair

Timeline

In the recent approval of my husband's waiver and his impending trip to the consulate tomorrow to drop of his medical and clearances, I was curious to find out how much the one-ways are from either RBA or CMN... and holy expletives, Batman! On Delta, a one-way is averaging $3400 USD. Flights are much cheaper on Kayak but the travel times are 34 hours.

That's really it, I just needed to rant about the price of air travel.

Yes the price is outrageous at this time because of spring break and the holiday (ester). It is best to book a round trip and ditch the return leg if you want. I just booked April 9th to 23rd with AF for $1050 round trip through my agent. Try online cheapoair had good prices. BTW I am flying from Dulles Washington. When I log in to VJ cheapoair are advertising $950 to CMN.

And we all rant about the prices it’s becoming more and more prohibitive to visit our loved ones spatially for me that I go 3 times a year.

best of luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We booked tickets for about 500-550 one way from Cairo. Can it really be that much more from Morocco?

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

http://www.bookonline.saudiairlines.com/pl/SaudiAirlines/wds/StartOver.action;jsessionid=7RQWTnGY102D55n1Lgrb5GBxwYYVdN9vkpFvrXpHTSQcXGtGWyys!-1121155913!-1769754116

Check this on Saudi Arabian Airlines (very nice) 738$ 22hr trip time (long i know) on April 15 Casa to JFK.

We used momondo.com to buy a ticket from JFK to his final destination and found some decent flights from Cairo to JFK as well on momondo-- SA airlines had the best fair and travel time to the US in our instance.

Edited by RFQ

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

A month ago I paid $536 from Detroit to Cairo (with a layover in Amman), and that was three days ahead of the flight. I purchased my ticket off of cheapoair.com.

Whatever you do, try to keep his departure ahead of that region's summer tourist season - June, July, and August.

Timeline

Thanks all. Yes, airfares can be that outrageously different from Egypt than Morocco. The flights to JFK don't help since it's another 3-500 from JFK to Chicago. We'll see. He still has some stuff to wrap up and he'll start looking when the visa is in his hand, hopefully later this week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.