bdawn

A Troubling Pattern

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi I am a man and also a VAWA beneficiary. Whatever you have said is not correct. I didn't stay in the US once I filed for VAWA. Also I filed my application before my GC card. What makes you feel that the abuse is not real? Do you understand how difficult is to live with someone who abuses or humiliates you every day? A person who takes all your hard earned money and you can't even ask a question. Try doing it once and then tell me how did your husband or wife reacts to it?

I left the country and I am still waiting for the case to get completed. Do you think people get pleasure sitting in there home and not doing anything? Don't just assume someone's life by saying most of them are already back in their home country. How sure are you that it's only the beneficiary playing with the petitioners emotion and not vice versa? Also it took 13 months for my VAWA approval forget about the time before I waited on my I130.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Most often we are one-sided. Someone posts about abuse if it is true or not we can't tell. I agree that there are legitimate claim of abuse, but there are also fake claim. Too many people are abusing the system. This is equally responsible for the delays, because USCIS are quite aware of the "marriage for green card" saga which causes legitimate relationships to suffer delays as well. It's a sad reality. But yes we can't start a campaign that can potentially cause further delay.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

When they have a GC there is no need to go through the VAWA process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

When they have a GC there is no need to go through the VAWA process.

Thanks for the correction. I was referring to claims that help them remove condition without a joint-filing. I am sure if they have documented evidence (such as police report on abuse) they stand a better chance of removing the condition on their own.

Marriage (if applicable): 2007-09-08

I-130 sent: 2008-08-05

I-130 approved: 2009-04-08

Case Completed at NVC: 2009-04-08

IR-1 Visa Received: 2011-01-21

US Entry: 2011-01-29

SS card received: 02-26-2011

10 years GC Received: 03/10/2011

Citizenship eligibility Criteria: 3 years

10-31-2013: Eligibility Date

02-07-2014: Application Sent

02-11-2014: Application Received

02-11-2014: Priority Date

02-18-2014: NOA Received

02-20-2014: Bio-metric Letter sent Date

03-11-2014: Bio-metric Date

03-13-2014: In-line for Interview

04-10-2014: Interview Letter Sent Date

05-20-2014: Interview Date

06-19-2014: Oath Ceremony

06-21-2014: Applied for U.S passport Book (expedite-$60)

06-23-2014: Passport Application received

06-26-2014: Passport Completed processing and mailed

06-27-2014: Passport Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi I am a man and also a VAWA beneficiary. Whatever you have said is not correct. I didn't stay in the US once I filed for VAWA. Also I filed my application before my GC card. What makes you feel that the abuse is not real? Do you understand how difficult is to live with someone who abuses or humiliates you every day? A person who takes all your hard earned money and you can't even ask a question. Try doing it once and then tell me how did your husband or wife reacts to it?

I left the country and I am still waiting for the case to get completed. Do you think people get pleasure sitting in there home and not doing anything? Don't just assume someone's life by saying most of them are already back in their home country. How sure are you that it's only the beneficiary playing with the petitioners emotion and not vice versa? Also it took 13 months for my VAWA approval forget about the time before I waited on my I130.

Did you take the time to read? Can you source-out specific line where I said all claims are false? Did you read "Without disputing the existence of genuine abuses" at all? Which part of this statement runs inconsistent with your understanding?

Marriage (if applicable): 2007-09-08

I-130 sent: 2008-08-05

I-130 approved: 2009-04-08

Case Completed at NVC: 2009-04-08

IR-1 Visa Received: 2011-01-21

US Entry: 2011-01-29

SS card received: 02-26-2011

10 years GC Received: 03/10/2011

Citizenship eligibility Criteria: 3 years

10-31-2013: Eligibility Date

02-07-2014: Application Sent

02-11-2014: Application Received

02-11-2014: Priority Date

02-18-2014: NOA Received

02-20-2014: Bio-metric Letter sent Date

03-11-2014: Bio-metric Date

03-13-2014: In-line for Interview

04-10-2014: Interview Letter Sent Date

05-20-2014: Interview Date

06-19-2014: Oath Ceremony

06-21-2014: Applied for U.S passport Book (expedite-$60)

06-23-2014: Passport Application received

06-26-2014: Passport Completed processing and mailed

06-27-2014: Passport Received

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Please explain when you make a statement like this ' self serving liars'? As per your post you had come across only one single person on this forum who wanted to return home and was looking for help. That is why your percentage is 99.97% or else it would have been 100%? How did you find about Visa Journey? This is the 21st century and people surf web... When you have some problem what do you do? Search the web.... If USCIS was just approving all VAWA petitions with closed eyes then I believe the approval percentage will be 100% but that's not the case. I don't understand why do people have issues with immigrants who file for VAWA?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Many people will have triggering events. Maybe you have an unhappy marriage and when you start needing the paperwork for ROC things get worse, maybe you have been hanging in hoping to make it through ROC and just can't anymore. Maybe you are a fraudster and just can't wait to get out and get on with the plan. How do we know the three apart from each other. I have long been an advocate of lie detection testing during certain interviews to help discourage fraudsters. But USCIS is no dummy and see these patterns also.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Please explain when you make a statement like this ' self serving liars'? As per your post you had come across only one single person on this forum who wanted to return home and was looking for help. That is why your percentage is 99.97% or else it would have been 100%? How did you find about Visa Journey? This is the 21st century and people surf web... When you have some problem what do you do? Search the web.... If USCIS was just approving all VAWA petitions with closed eyes then I believe the approval percentage will be 100% but that's not the case. I don't understand why do people have issues with immigrants who file for VAWA?

You need to get out more.

There have been many many classic examples on VJ, and I am sure there will be many more.

Just hang around and read.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It's not a new trend, fraud has existed long before you noticed it. USCIS works to combat it.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You're not one of them, move on. I hope you're not implying that "false abuse claim" isn't real. If you are, then you need to "surf the web" too

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Statistically 1 in 4 women has been the victim of domestic violence in US. With a high percentage like that, not only should we believe that domestic abuse is real but we should also realize that a lot of it goes undocumented.

I am refering to women now because they are the main victim of domestic abuse but it can happen to men too ( ratio is 85% women and 15% men)

People adjusting status might look like they might have an ulterior motive to report violence and some of them do, but that doesn't deny the fact that violence against women and children is real, and what better perfect victim than a foreign national who fears for her children's well being, doesn't speak the language well, does not know her rights, has no job and no family in the US?

Edited by Maria2012

Adjusting from B1/B2
Day 1 01/22/2013 AOS package sent
Day 67 03/29/ 2013 Greencard Arrived .

Eligible for ROC December 21st 2014

Day 001 12/22/2014 ROC package sent to CSC

Day 154 05/24/2015 Greencard arrived with SOMEONE ELSE'S PICTURE AND SIGNATURE

Day 409 02/04/2016 New card production

Eligible for citizenship January 5th 2016- 3 year rule

Day 1 01/04/2016 N-400 Mailed to Phoenix

Day 9 01/13/2016 check cashed/ case accepted

Day22 01/25/2016 Biometric letter for 02/03 ( early bio 01/28)

Day 196 Interview Letter received 07/18/2016

Day 224 Interview 08/15/2016 + same day oath+ same day passport application.

I AM A US CITIZEN!

Timeline

Sounds very sexist, I know many men victims of abuse.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.