Daria8885

Cousins of Perm. Res. denied....

62 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

ok, im a us citizen, my husband is a perminent resident. He has lived here for 2 1/2 years and we got 10 year visitor visas for both his parents. ok......we helped his 30 year old cousin and his wife apply for visitor visas and they were denied. I dont understand why.....in this case his wife is enrolled in college, he has 3 properties to maintain after his mothers death, and he owns a business (a pharmacy) he has a bachelors in architecture and a huge family at home (no kids).. He has so many reasons to go back as well as her. their paperwork was flawless and they have no criminal or medical background....I dont get it. they only wanted to visit for 2 weeks.

I guess if someone has any input or advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Daria

Visit visa issuance still depends on the discretion of the IO that evaluate the application. There is no sure shot that you will ever get a B2 no matter how good your evidence of ties to your home country. In some instances, good ties (home, property, family, money etc.) coupled with the pattern of returning (previous travel history) gives you an edge when you apply for that visa, but still not an assurance.

You also have to consider the country-- high risk, high fraud countries usually get a lot of denials. Statistically, Colombia is among the top 5 countries with a large population of asylum seekers. They would not risk issuing a B visa to someone who has a possibility of seeking asylum once they are allowed in. Sorry they got denied but they could always reapply. Again-- no assurance that they'll get the visa though.

Sein oder Nichtsein, das ist heir die Frage.

Timeline

I know I can't change anything, but these processes are stupid....it's all based on speculation and they are wrong over half the time....how are people suppose to just throw away money on the application and in this case flights to the embassy and stay in hotel...it's expensive man...uff vent...sorry it's just sad when the good honest hard working ones get denied when they have great evidence...

I know I can't change anything, but these processes are stupid....it's all based on speculation and they are wrong over half the time....how are people suppose to just throw away money on the application and in this case flights to the embassy and stay in hotel...it's expensive man...uff vent...sorry it's just sad when the good honest hard working ones get denied when they have great evidence...

I hear you. It does suck specially for countries that have to apply for the visit visa and pay the filing fee only to be denied. I see a lot of that and there really isn't anything you can do about it. I feel the standards are sometimes unfair but the IOs can't help it because they are of the position that it is better to deny the ones that honestly just want to visit and have no intention of immigrating than to let one with intent slip through. The standards are very subjective and IOs are only human and they can make mistakes about how they read people's intentions.

Sein oder Nichtsein, das ist heir die Frage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Do they have prior travel history to other countries? IMO, those with prior travel history to other countries, have a higher probability of getting a B2 Visa issued from the US Embassy.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Lots of people with good evidence who got visitor visas are still here illegally.

Don't blame the system.

Blame the people from your cousin's country who were similarly situated to your cousin who have abused their visas. They are the ones that cause the IO not to trust people like your cousin.

This is an example where the minority of people abusing the system has made it impossible for those law abiding people to obtain a tourist visa. Unfortunately there are many cases in US laws where people allow the government to pass a law that they think is a good idea and when it comes back to bite them because it affects those law abiding citizens more than those circumventing the laws do they realize that the law is a bad idea, but it is too late. US immigration law is set in the days when everybody wanted to come and live in the US. So that is the presumption of the CO. They still have a reference to Nazi Germany on an immigration form. Do you know how old someone would have to be to have been involved with Nazi Germany?

My wife was denied her first attempt. We reapplied about 2 weeks later with the exact same evidence. The only difference was the CO went from a young woman to a middle-aged man. More experience? Knew the local job situations better? Who knows. She was approved. It might be a matter of seeing if you either have or are willing to spend a large sum of money to just visit the US. If you do, then the chances of you staying in the US might be lower. Not everyone can afford to throw away $165. Once maybe, bit twice or three times not as likely. Has your cousins been to any other countries requiring a visitor's visa recently. You might also have only one apply this time as having a spouse remain behind would give better evidence of returning. Then have the other apply separately and then if both have been approved have them try together. It is about showing a pattern.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That sum of money is insignificant compared to the cost of a US holiday.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

ok, no they have no travel history. Also, I have nothing against the people at the embassy lol I know it isn't their fault and I'm not taking it out on them....just mad at the system in general and just because colombia as a country makes mistakes doesn't mean the good ones should be pinished....If that's the case native Americans here in the U.S would be punishing us! lol its silly we (the us gov) does not practice the laws they enforce for others, but hey that's a story for a different message board :) thanks for those who were helpful in your suggestions! I appreciate it. I will let them know about the travel history or just traveling alone while leaving a spouse in colombia.

Filed: Timeline

The truth cannot be considered 'bashing'....again, blame those who have abused their visas or those who have attempted to obtain visas using fake documents. Apparently you thought it OK to bash our embassy personnel, based on incomplete information. How would you know that our COs are wrong half the time? The only way you could know that is if you personally interviewed all those who were denied and were somehow able to determine their bona fides better than the COs who interviewed them. Since more than 220,000 people apply for visas each year in Colombia, you would have had to interview more than 100,000 people.....annually. That would be a full time job.

Timeline

Ok pick at everything I said and only look at the negative that helps me and others looking for advice on this site Soooo much. Thank you for your input and statistics. I appreciate you too love :) it's called exaggeration people do that under times of stress. I'll correct myself if it will give you satisfaction.....I have seen a good amount of cases where the good hard working honest people applying have been turned away and it isn't fair. Better? or do I still need more correcting? ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

They only thing they can do is try again. Perhaps next time they will get a different CO who will look at their case differently. Unfortunately is it true that they are suffering the consequences of those who have gone before them, people who abuse our immigration system. It isn't the fault of the CO, but the fault of people who think they are above our laws. Every year there are thousands from all over the world who enter on visitor visas and choose to never leave. I don't know the solution for them, other than to try again. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.