nipp

Warning! W2 for 2013 may be required at interview

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

For all who got interview between Jan 15th and April 15th, be sure to bring W2 for 2013 to the interview. We didn't include it into NVC documents and it was not required, however, at the interview CO asked for it. We almost got a 221(g) for "missing document", but I put it into her interview documents folder by pure luck.

Timeline

That's the point - you didn't file (or even if you did) as long as petitioner have financial documents for more current year than in I-864, they can ask for it. It is not specified anywhere in document lists, but it happened to us.

If you get 221(g) for it, it's not a big deal, you can email W2 to consulate and visa will be issued in couple days. However, the fact of not getting visa approval on the spot is not something that any of us want our beloved ones to experience. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I haven't even file my 2013 tax yet. What happens if you get a 221 g missing document, will they allow you to reschedule for the interview.

You don't need to file your return to have a copy of your W-2. It should come to you in the mail or electronically if you set it up that way at your job. :)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You don't need to file your return to have a copy of your W-2. It should come to you in the mail or electronically if you set it up that way at your job. smile.png

Is it okay to bring on the interview a scan copy of the AOS and W2? or it has to be the original document?

Thanks in advance! content.gif

Timeline

Is it okay to bring on the interview a scan copy of the AOS and W2? or it has to be the original document?

Thanks in advance! content.gif

There is no "original" W2. It doesn't have any signatures on it. So, any copy/scan/fax/email/pdf will work.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks nipp for the info. Btw, we sent AOS (original) to NVC. Do I have to bring with me the original form or scan/photocopy will be fine? :)

Timeline

NVC will forward it to embassy. In my personal opinion, it's better to have one more copy with original signature, just in case. Sometimes, they mess up documents collection on the first interview stage and require original AOS from CR/IR beneficiaries. It is easier to give it to them, rather than go into long discussion about how NVC works.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately my wife was already at the Embassy for her interview when I read this. Fortunately, the Consular Officer never asked for the 2013 W-2. In fact, he didn't ask to see any of our documents. I feel pretty lucky!

Good luck all!

- Justin

Our 1-130, CR-1 Visa Journey

03/24/2013: Got Married

USCIS STAGE

05/11/2013: Sent I-130 to the Phoenix Lockbox

05/15/2013: Notice of Action 1 (Case transferred to NBC)

05/20/2013: Check Cashed

11/15/2013: Submitted Expedite Request to USCIS

12/12/2013: Notice of Action 2 (Case transferred to NVC)

12/16/2013: Received hard copy of Notice of Action 2

NVC STAGE

01/10/2014: Received Manila Case Number

01/10/2014: Paid AOS and IV Fees

01/16/2014: Expedite Request Approved by NVC (Submitted by Senator)

01/25/2014: Sent AOS and IV Documents to NVC

01/30/2014: AOS and IV Documents Delivered to NVC

02/20/2014: Case Status changed to "Case Complete"

02/26/2014: Case Status changed to "In Transit"

02/28/2014: Case Status changed to "Ready"

MEDICAL/INTERVIEW/POE STAGE

02/18/2014: Medical Examination at St. Lukes Extension (PASSED! One day process!)

03/03/2014: Received interview appointment instructions from U.S. Embassy

03/13/2014: Interview at U.S. Embassy Manila (PASSED!)

03/13/2014: Case Status changed to "Issued"

03/17/2014: Visa In Transit

03/19/2014: Visa Delivered

03/25/2014: Point of Entry - Los Angeles International Airport

1912458_227783277416860_1415779938_n.jpg

1509721_227784080750113_404993920_n.jpg

dSzW2vN.jpgZno0xop.jpgvy19FAf.jpgvy19p8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent Candy my 2013 W2 (photocopy) and my 2013 ITR. Unless you are into something complicated like a business, it really does not take that long to do it. I use Turbo Tax online every year, and for 2013 it only took me about an hour.

You can also get IRS transcripts of your taxes online at the IRS web site. I sent those to Candy for 2011 and 2012. And I will give it a couple of weeks for the 2013 to appear and send her that too.

As I told Candy, I would rather she have 100 unnecessary documents than be short by even one necessary one.

Don't take chances.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck to you all. I will be leaving in 4 hours to JFK to collect my wife smile.png

Congratulations to you and your wife. If all goes well I will be in that same boat in about 2 1/2 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.