zoom_

flagged by cbp ?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline

So i want travel to the us in October. Last time I was there I was end to secondary screening got my trip shortened they askt me questions why i was stayin for 3 months and if my intention was to work there. i said no and after 2 h of questioning i was allowed in.

Am i flagged? ? are they going to stop me and send me to secondary screening every time i travel to us? (l left in time did not overstay)

Edited by zoom_

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yes

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
i'm really scared to visit my bf now, anyone that has been through similar situation and been allowed in? it feels like they are going to denie me entry :/

does te fact that i left in time last time help this situation? cry.gif

Edited by zoom_

Filed: Timeline

If you return too soon after your last trip, CBP will wonder what sort of job ties you have that awards you several months of paid vacation...(which is doubtful, even in Sweden)...and thus they will wonder why you are back, etc....if you wait until about one year has passed, you may be better off....hard to say....but they were on 'alert' the last time, and more than likely you have some sort of a 'flag' by your name in their system....

Timeline

If you return too soon after your last trip, CBP will wonder what sort of job ties you have that awards you several months of paid vacation...(which is doubtful, even in Sweden)...and thus they will wonder why you are back, etc....if you wait until about one year has passed, you may be better off....hard to say....but they were on 'alert' the last time, and more than likely you have some sort of a 'flag' by your name in their system....

thanks i thought about that, in october it will be 1 year from me first entering the states. So i have waited or am still waiting. i been thinking about waiting for more then a year to but i dont know i just want to make this stessful trip as easy as possible

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Get him to visit.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

When I was dating my husband I flew to America 3 times in the space of 9 months to visit him. The first time was for 2 weeks, the second time was for 3 months, and the third time was for three months also. I was never questioned extensively, just the normal "what is the purpose of your visit?". However, I was fully aware that there would be a possibility of being stopping, questioned and scrutinized, especially during my second and third visit.

I made sure that I had documents on me showing strong ties to England and that I would need to return. I had my tenancy lease, my work contract, my latest pay slip and bank statement, and a few photos of my family.

I was just lucky, but I always ensured I was prepared should it ever happen to me.

I would advise you to travel, but as the other VJ have stated, be prepared for extra scrutiny and have documents with you to show a strong tie to your home country.

Good luck... and keep us posted

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

Timeline

thank u all for the answer will keep you updated even if my trip is months from now. Will they ask me about my previous stay? i stay with relatives my first time.

will this affect my cr1 me and my fiance/boyfriend (not official yet no ring only talkt about it) are planning to do?

thank u all for the answer will keep you updated even if my trip is months from now. Will they ask me about my previous stay? i stay with relatives my first time.

will this affect my cr1 me and my fiance/boyfriend (not official yet no ring only talkt about it) are planning to do?

On my second and third visit I was asked what I did during my previous visit and why I had come back. You must answer truthfully and honestly. Every answer given is documented. You don't want any lies of misinformation to come and bite you in the butt later down the line.....

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.