Senai

Approved petition forwarded to Consulate?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi VJ members, I just received NOA2 hard copy and it stated that my petition was forwarded to the consulate. I was thinking the approved petition would first go to the NVC and then NVC would forward it to the consulate. Isn’t this the normal process? Is it typical the generic statement in NOA2 states it is forwarded to the Consulate?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, general statement for the NOA2. Not sure why they word it that way, since has confused quite a few people into thinking their case skipped the NVC. They all go through the NVC first on their way to the appropriate consulate.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

It goes from USCIS, to NVC and finally to the Consulate

That was my understanding as well, but the notice I received says it is forwarded to the Consulate. I am just wondering if the statement in my NOA2 is something generic even though it going to NVC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

That was my understanding as well, but the notice I received says it is forwarded to the Consulate. I am just wondering if the statement in my NOA2 is something generic even though it going to NVC.

Kay explained it best. The wording changes but the process is just like you understood it to be good.gif

Edited by Celeste & C

Timeline

Yes, general statement for the NOA2. Not sure why they word it that way, since has confused quite a few people into thinking their case skipped the NVC. They all go through the NVC first on their way to the appropriate consulate.

oh ok.... it is confusing to state that way. lol I was going call early Monday the consulate to get started about the visa process. Anyway, good to know it is a general statement.

Timeline

After I received my NOA I was told by my attorney that sometimes the NVC is skipped and it is forwarded directly to the consulate, so maybe yours will not go to the NVC. He doesn't know why the NVC is skipped on some of his cases, but said that it is random...maybe depends how busy they are.

He said I should be receiving a letter in the next few weeks notifying if it will be sent to the NVC or directly to the consulate.

My NOA was dated Feb. 3rd, which means that my visa was approved in about 2 1/2 months! ;-)

My attorney had told me to expect 4 to 5 months to get approval, so I guess I got lucky!

Timeline

None of them skip the NVC. It goes through the NVC, gets a case # and is sent onto the appropriate consulate. All the notifications are worded in a way that makes it seem like the file is sent directly to the consulate, but they are not, as was discussed above in this thread.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

just a question, the NVC does send a letter with your case number correct? We received our NOA2 last monday, 2/24. just anxious dancin5hr.gif

-Jan 24th, 2014 sent in I-129F

-Jan 31ist, 2014 received NOA1 via text/email. Arrived at CSC

-Feb 4th, 2014 received Alien registration number.

-Feb 24th, 2014 received NOA2

-Mar 12, 2014 Arrived at Embassy

-Mar 20, 2014 Packet 3 sent to Embassy

-Mar 28, 2014 Received packet 3 instructions in mail

-Mar 25, 2014 Interview date set

-Apr 4, 2014 Interview.. approved :dancing:

-May 21, 2014 - PoE LV NV

-May 30, 2014 - Married

Timeline

just a question, the NVC does send a letter with your case number correct? We received our NOA2 last monday, 2/24. just anxious dancin5hr.gif

Yes, they do send a letter, but you do not need to wait for it. You can call them to get your case #.

Timeline

As Jay stated, nothing skips NVC. Opposite to what is stated in NOA2, mine went via NVC to the Embassy. Of course I had to call NVC for status update otherwise never gotten a mail or email from them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.